• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game: Who do you think will be the next character announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Okay... So, Guybrush probably agrees to the idea. Let's continue the game then.

I'll place my bet on Mewtwo as well.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Feel free to make wild bets like ROB and Ike as you have every chance of being right.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'll place my bet on Jigglypuff. I don't think any new fighters will be announced at this moment.
:jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff:
I will also place my bet on Jigglypuff. To make things interesting, if Jigglypuff doesn't show up, I will not buy Pokemon X and Y until Christmas. That will be a long two months!
:039: :039: :039: :039: :039: :039: :039: :039: :039: :039: :039: :039: :039: :039: :039:

No Control

Smash Apprentice
This is a difficult one. The thing is, Sakurai is clearly playing with us:

1. Announces Peach unexpectedly.
2. Announces the thought-to-be-cut-by-many-or-at-least-a-secret-character Toon Link instead of the obvious Zelda at WWHD release date.

Sakurai will know we're expecting a Pokemon newcomer to coincide with the X/Y release... But then again, maybe it's too big a release to ignore a little bit of promotion. Mewtwo would make waves, but it may be too early to reveal it. I have a feeling that Pokemon Trainer (like Zelda and Ganondorf, actually) is going to experience some changes, and that Lucario will be cut. So allow me to bet on Jigglypuff too (with Mewtwo as a second choice and PT third).

Xigger

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer on September 30th for the North American release of Pokemon Red and Blue

I'm going to stick with an interesting theory and wait for the Challenger Approaching banner to disappear and then predict the date.

D

Deleted member

I have a suggestion.

Why not turn this thread into a game?

Users can post their guesses on the next character revealed. And When the next character is revealed on the Dojo, we can update the OP with the character revealed the users who guessed correctly.
I like this idea!

My bet is Mewtwo!

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo being revealed would be a real statement of intent from Sakurai saying that he doesn't just want to give out scraps of boring or obvious information between now and the next e3, he wants to get the fans excited and generate hype during this time.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Well, I don't think Lucario will be reveled for X/Y. PKMN Trainer is a possibility. Mewtwo is likely. I think Jigglypuff will be announced.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
This is a difficult one. The thing is, Sakurai is clearly playing with us:

1. Announces Peach unexpectedly.
2. Announces the thought-to-be-cut-by-many-or-at-least-a-secret-character Toon Link instead of the obvious Zelda at WWHD release date.

Sakurai will know we're expecting a Pokemon newcomer to coincide with the X/Y release... But then again, maybe it's too big a release to ignore a little bit of promotion. Mewtwo would make waves, but it may be too early to reveal it. I have a feeling that Pokemon Trainer (like Zelda and Ganondorf, actually) is going to experience some changes, and that Lucario will be cut. So allow me to bet on Jigglypuff too (with Mewtwo as a second choice and PT third).
Well, while unexpected, Peach made sense, as it was the anniversary of Super Mario Bros. on that day. But good bet.

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
Probability of PKMN characters making the cut:

Lucario: 25%
PKMN Trainer: 25%
Mewtwo: 25%
Jigglypuff: Do I even have to...

Sonsa

Smash Champion
The reasoning for Mewtwo is really great but...my gut says he stays an unlockable surprise. Gatta listen to your gut! Besides Pokemon Trainer heading to unlockable would be strange...and Jigglypuff, while Luigi's partner in crime (like Ness and Falcon are for each other) doesn't promote X&Y as much as the others...plus Sakurai has a tendency to break patterns. I think he just likes watching us squirm XD ...oh and Lucario...eh...unlockable...SO! My bets are on...
Kalos Pokemon Trainer. He/She promotes the new games as much as Mewtwo promotes his movie. And seeing the "Wanna learn more about ___? Check out the X&Y site here!" message for any other region Trainer or Jigglypuff would just be...strange. As for the order of Pokemon, Kalos Trainer would have...uhh...I dunno...but it would be a great way of revealing the starters final evolutions! A day before release we finalize our decisions of who we're choosing based on all those final evolutions! "Maybe I'll get that one, he ends up looking reeeally cool in Smash!" Yknow? Plus it's been quite some time since a newcomer, hasn't it? And this one would kinda count as 3, like Megaman, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer did!
So! Again!
Kalos Pokemon Trainer.

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
Character Prediction Ideas:

October:

Week 2: Jigglypuff
Week 3: R.O.B.

November:

Week 1: Sonic

December:
Week 2: Meta Knight?

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Well, while unexpected, Peach made sense, as it was the anniversary of Super Mario Bros. on that day. But good bet.

Oh yeah, there was reason behind it - what I meant was that the Peach announcement broke the previous pattern so we know that Sakurai can move the goalposts around when he feels like it. Probably should have been more clear with that.

Xigger

Smash Lord
It's hard to predict when Meta Knight or King Dedede will be announced...maybe we oughta take a look at their anniversaries...?

King Dedede, Kirby's Adventure, March 23rd.
Meta Knight, Kirby's Dream Land, April 27th.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'd say the concept of ROB being removed is pretty positive
start at 0:04

That's it That's it I am getting sooooo sick and tired of some people saying R.O.B is getting kicked im concluding people who are saying ROB is going to get kicked just Don't want him in SSB4

and for why hes fine
hes retro very loved brawl character his game gyromite was the first ever NES game and October 18th is the NES anniversary also ROBS anniversary not to mention ROB just needs a few adjustments and he would have ben a great product

ps same thing to the people who think jigglypuff is going to be kicked

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Stop talking about ROB being dropped. This thread is about character that you think WILL be in, not dropped. Stay on topic.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Stop talking about ROB being dropped. This thread is about character that you think WILL be in, not dropped. Stay on topic.
Coulden't agree more

Right off the bat we are looking at a pokemon and one of the following is possible
Pokemon trainer mewtwo jigglypuff

All of them can premote x and y pokemon trainer could be the most likely due to a starter back in brawl and char/ivy/squirt probably would get some more balancing and maybe each one will have a seperate final smash this time

If jigglypuff shes a good chance because of a possible pattern and she can present for new fairy type. So clearly can show of some fairy type moves and maybe change the final smash to a extremly powerful fairy type move or her marker from the anime

(ps if it was her this does not deconfirm unlockable because she could get the same treatment the captain falcon and ness got back on melee and thats that those 2 were starters)

Mewtwo is probably the most likely because of being the most ironic of the 6th gen right now and tye first pokemon ever to get a mega form and is the only 1 with 2 mega forms. So those can be easily version exclusive on both versions of smash brothers

And for a second and possibly and extremely rare chance for a 3rd

We could get R.O.B for the anniversary of the Nes and gyromite on october 18th usa version. And this is possible because luigi was announced for the usa release of mario brothers dream team

Sonic is very likely for a October character because for premoting lost worlds for wii u the first sonic game for the wii u and has a great relation with nintendo

Theres a few more but this is all i got for october

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
But I didn't said R.O.B is going to be cut,I just meant that he's a retarted character and deserves to be cut.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Technicalities.

Please don't bring it back up.

Which character were you choosing again? Yoshi?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Jigglypuff is going to be a secret character like he was in every smash game,so I don't think Sakurai will reveal him.

Yep,maybe Yoshi,but I'm also considering the possibilites of a FE character or maybe even (urcc) R.O.B

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Jigglypuff is going to be a secret character like he was in every smash game,so I don't think Sakurai will reveal him.

Yep,maybe Yoshi,but I'm also considering the possibilites of a FE character or maybe even (urcc) R.O.B
Yeah but they just revealed Toon Link (Who will obviously be an unlockable), so Jigglypuff has the right to appear next month..

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow is a Nintendo Direct...

I wanna say Little Mac... but Pokemon X and Y are coming out...

ARGH! I'm still going with my gut and say Mewtwo. It's a big opportunity for Nintendo and Mewtwo's reveal would generate a ton of hype for SSB4 and X and Y, so I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't take it tomorrow. We might get some special movie for Mewtwo since it deserves one.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
My guess: Mewtwo full trailer, followed by Sonic gameplay video followed by a surprise Ridley Trailer.

I'm going all out!

That's a mix of what I want and what makes sense in terms of marketing; Ridley's popularity in the west and Mewtwo in Japan balance out for huge hype, and Sonic just adds a bunch more. I suggest such a big reveal primarily to get people asking for a Wii U for Christmas, but also because given how slow data is coming on the website I think they're going for huge reveals in Direct, for that they need a hard hitting newcomer if there's only really space for one (with two hard hitting veterans to be revealed). K.Rool or maybe another 3rd party newcomer (if picked well) will probably hit harder, but that should be left for really late, and with the other directs later in development likely having 1 vet and 2 newcomers they don't need someone quite as (too) big to garnet the hype. Plus all those Pyrosphere shots have to mean something right?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
My guess: Mewtwo full trailer, followed by Sonic gameplay video followed by a surprise Ridley Trailer.

I'm going all out!

That's a mix of what I want and what makes sense in terms of marketing; Ridley's popularity in the west and Mewtwo in Japan balance out for huge hype, and Sonic just adds a bunch more. I suggest such a big reveal primarily to get people asking for a Wii U for Christmas, but also because given how slow data is coming on the website I think they're going for huge reveals in Direct, for that they need a hard hitting newcomer if there's only really space for one (with two hard hitting veterans to be revealed). K.Rool or maybe another 3rd party newcomer (if picked well) will probably hit harder, but that should be left for really late, and with the other directs later in development likely having 1 vet and 2 newcomers they don't need someone quite as (too) big to garnet the hype. Plus all those Pyrosphere shots have to mean something right?
I see you're expecting the world to explode. Good. Seriously though, this would be the greatest thing ever.

I'm not holding out for a character reveal tommorow since we've just had Toon Link, I'm still gonna guess Pokémon Trainer on the 11th.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I see you're expecting the world to explode. Good. Seriously though, this would be the greatest thing ever.

I am indeed! As I've said it's a mix of what I want and makes sense; it's probably too much really, but would certainly have huge benefits, and would come at a good time to push Wii U sales (with so many good games coming, and Smash looking great it'll be hard to ignore it)... I'm not 100% expecting it, but I expect something big from this Direct given it's the start of the Golden Quarter, and this would certainly be big enough to have a serious effect on Nintendo's sales.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Sakurai intends to be much less liberal with revealing newcomers for SSB4, so it is obvious he has planned a few very particular reveals to tide us over until release.

The real question is whether Sakurai sees Mewtwo as a reveal that would generate hype and satisfy the baying masses, or a surprise that should be saved for the game itself.

If Mewtwo is on the reveal schedule at all, there is no doubt that he would be revealed next.

Please, Sakurai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom