• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game: Who do you think will be the next character announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
King Harkinian is the next character who will be announced :
-The King of Hyrule, his replacement when Harkinian is in vacation appeared in Wind Waker HD (the latest Zelda game released) as an important character.

-The Zelda series will maybe pull a Mario and reveal all of their character one after the other (yup, that means no new rep for the mario series, sorry).

-Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and Link: The Faces of Evil were both released the 10 october 1993, it's time to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the 2 best Zelda games ever created and the party will last 10 days until the date is reached.

You heard it here first MAH BOI.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
I have always thought it would be Marth because Arena Ferox is shown without a fire emblem character
I think Sonic will be revealed around Oct. 29 because of Sonic Lost World
I think Diddy Kong will be revealed around Dec. 6 because of Tropical Freeze

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
I expect Jigglypuff, Yoshi, or ROB announced next. Not because I don't like them or anything but because I want Mewtwo and Sonic, and I know what I want isn't what Sakurai wants. Instead I expect something obviously anticlimactic. It sucks because as much as I want this game, I have VERY LOW expectations that Sakurai will actually deliver on his promises for hype. :urg:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Congrats to all those that said sonic would be next. I'll have to go through and sort out which ones actually said he'd be next rather than him being the one after the next.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Okay, a slight setback thanks to Toon Link and Sonic, buuuuuuut Pokémon Trainer really has to be next now. (inb4Jigglypuff.)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Gonna pick Mewtwo.

Pokemon Trainer doesn't fit the "Want to learn more about ____________? Check out the Pokemon X&Y site!"

Jigglypuff potentially does. But Mewtwo fits it better due to appearing on the game's boxes.

It's like with Wind Waker. We were all expecting Zelda because she's been around longer. But Toon Link fit the advertisement better.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Wow. Sonic. Okay. Should've seen it coming with the Direct I guess. Anyway, gatta be Kalos Pokemon Trainer now.

D

Deleted member

You know what? I'm glad that I was wrong about my prediction! I absolutely love Sonic! I'm extremely glad that he is returning!

But anyways, I'm sticking to my gut and say Mewtwo.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
I am gonna preemptively assume we will get a small break from character announcements now, and will get a Pokemon sometime around XY release. Not a new Pokemon, as from what I see Sakurai keeps revealing Brawl veterans. Although no veteran is out of equation, I'll go for Pokemon Trainer, as he was a starter character, so he's probably still a starter character, so I think this slightly shifts chances in this direction.

Of course, Sakurai may go for something crazy, like R.O.B. because American release of Gyromite, but I'm not paying with my head for that prediction, huh?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I no longer expect a Diddy reveal for this year. Instead, I expect mewtwo in later October, Zelda (and maybe sheik) in December , and a newcomer or random vet (like ness or ice climbers or C. falcon) in December. Then in 2014 Yoshi (whatever month yoshis new island is released) diddy (February) and wario (whatever month Mario kart 8 is released)
:mewtwomelee: :sheilda: :popo: :yoshi2: :diddy: :wario:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I'm still sticking with my gut and saying Jigglypuff. Nothing against Mewtwo, (Mewtwo is a beast), but I think Sakurai knows how much hype Mewtwo would cause, and I am thinking he will save Mewtwo for later. Lucario and Pokémon Trainer aside from the MegaEvolutions do not have as much promoting power as Jiggly or Mewtwo. For November, I think Zelda. Then December, a random veteran.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im now 50% sure theres going to be 3 characters in october i thougt it was going to be for x and y pokemon first but looks like lost worlds went first thats why sonic was confirmed for lost worlds

Sonic
A pokemon
Possible a character for the usa anniversary of the NES

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Im now 50% sure theres going to be 3 characters in october i thougt it was going to be for x and y pokemon first but looks like lost worlds went first thats why sonic was confirmed for lost worlds

Sonic
A pokemon
Possible a character for the usa anniversary of the NES
Maybe Ice climbers or ROB.

Xigger

Smash Lord
The only reliable thing to listen to is.... it's normally NOT what you expect.

Still, we're obviously getting a Pokemon for X/Y. Mewtwo would probably cause more hype than Trainer...

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hey, what do you think will happen in December? We all thought Diddy would be revealed then, but that has been debunked. Any thoughts on who it could be now?

Xigger

Smash Lord
Nearly every Donkey Kong game has been released on November 24th. That's my guess for Diddy. I personally expected a Donkey Kong newcomer in December.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
I like how Sakurai constantly throws our expectations about character reveals. I'm still predicting Jigglypuff on the 11th, followed by a drought of character reveals until mid-late November (when we will see Zelda or maybe a Mario newcomer).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im still on pokemon trainer(or charizard alone ever since charizard X got confirmed) or Mewtwo since he would be the most hype for smash and x and y

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My guess is... Mewtwo.

Put it in the record books!

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to go against the grain and say Lucario will be revealed. Lucario is getting his mega evolution and is being used promotionally.

I believe Mewtwo is returning, but as an unlockable character. No way they'd reveal him already unless they want to build up hype.. Which in that case it'll be him haha

Xigger

Smash Lord
Might as well guess: I predict that we will get Mewtwo AND Pokemon Trainer, for Pokemon X/Y, the release of the newest Pokemon movie, and the Pokemon Origin anime special.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
let's see, pokemon trainers are the main characters so it would make sense for it to be him

jigglypuff was used to promote new type

lucario and mewtwo are both being used to showcase mega evolution

so in a sense all 4 of them are being promoted

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
you guys do know there's a kirby game coming out in december, right?

anyways, next i bet is lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom