• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game: Who do you think will be the next character announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, I don't think people want PKMN Trainer to be cut because they want to, but rather because he may be difficult to work with (technical issues, balancing several characters, working the severe limitations of the 3DS, etc.).
This is exactly how I feel. I only want him cut because I would prefer 3 or 4 extra characters. Not because I hate him.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I predict King Dedede this Friday since it's Sakurai's birthday on Saturday and he created and voices the character.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Honestly, I don't think people want PKMN Trainer to be cut because they want to, but rather because he may be difficult to work with (technical issues, balancing several characters, working the severe limitations of the 3DS, etc.).

It seems to me like people want him cut out of spite for the "over-representation of Generation 1".

But yeah, technical difficulties could be a close second... If it were about technical difficulties. I see it more as balancing issues, if anything. I've seen nobody complain about the technical difficulties of Zelda/Sheik so far. :/

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I kinda hope its a fire emblem character just because it is awkward already having a fire emblem stage announced

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
There might be a flaw with the ide of a character one a month on the 12th,because August,12th is a Sunday. I do not think it is a big deal, but it could be a flaw. I expect Luigi in August, A Newcomer in September, Mewtwo in October, King K. Rool in November and Peach in December. Then if any major Nintendo Directs come, then a few characters then.

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
I kinda hope its a fire emblem character just because it is awkward already having a fire emblem stage announced

I don't know about that happening just yet because Fire Emblem doesn't seem to be more important than a Pokemon representative like Mewtwo. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Fire Emblem, but it seems too early to announce yet. If a FE representative is announced, it'll probably be Chrom.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I don't know about that happening just yet because Fire Emblem doesn't seem to be more important than a Pokemon representative like Mewtwo. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Fire Emblem, but it seems too early to announce yet. If a FE representative is announced, it'll probably be Chrom.
true true. I honestly would rather have a character from a franchise not yet shown rather than a second rep of an already shown franchise

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Anyone else expecting a character reveal tomorrow or Friday for Sakurai's birthday surprise to his fans? Sorta like how he revealed the SSE before his birthday during Brawl's development or how he revealed Ike on another similar occasion?(Correct me if I get this wrong plz)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Anyone else expecting a character reveal tomorrow or Friday for Sakurai's birthday surprise to his fans? Sorta like how he revealed the SSE before his birthday during Brawl's development or how he revealed Ike on another similar occasion?(Correct me if I get this wrong plz)

Hmmm maybe....
...NOT!

MOAR OLIMAR PICS INSTEAD! :troll: The next one wil close in on his shoe.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Actually Ike was technically the first newcomer announced after the initial reveal trailer iirc so it wouldn't be that weird if we got a Fire Emblem rep early on. I would like to see a FE newcomer sooner than later honesly. Seems like FE discussion often takes a turn for the angry so getting it out of the way would avail it to an extent. Though I don't expect it to be the next thing but who knows I guess. If Olimar wasn't a one time thing and he often has his announcements set to happen when it's relevant in other ways I'd expect maybe a Pokemon next? I though maybe we'd see Luigi around the release of Mario and Lugi Dream Team but I think that's out in pretty much all regions now. I still think we might see Luigi sometime before years end since it is "The Year of Luigi" but maybe not guess we'll see.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still think Diddy, Zelda, Marth, Yoshi or Wario are the most likely. However, King Dedede or MetaKnight would also work.

Though, Diddy and Zelda would probably get revealed when we get more information about DKCR: Tropical Freeze or Zelda Wii U.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Meta Knight and King Dedede. Maybe.

Sakurai's Birthday is coming up and it would be a perfect time to reveal both.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Cant wait to see Ridley's reveal tomorrow !!!!!
It's tommorow, where's mah Ridley? :glare:

There might be a flaw with the ide of a character one a month on the 12th,because August,12th is a Sunday. I do not think it is a big deal, but it could be a flaw. I expect Luigi in August, A Newcomer in September, Mewtwo in October, King K. Rool in November and Peach in December. Then if any major Nintendo Directs come, then a few characters then.
August 12th is a Monday. In October it's a Saturday though, but they might aswell just make the reveal the 11th Friday then, it's too golden an opportunity to miss advertising X & Y.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And the next character is... Luigi?

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
YEAAH! WOOHOO! LUIGI CONFIRMED!...Alright guys, time to go back to what you were doing.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Well I was surprised today when I saw Luigi. Also it appears release dates in Japan are the key. If so I predict Mewtwo for October.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Nintendo has another Direct next month (especially if it's a Direct showcasing games for next year), I'd say it'd be a prime opportunity to reveal a newcomer, as it will have been several months unveiled since the last newcomer, it'll likely be several months until the one after that (unless Nintendo chooses to promote some of their holiday games with newcomers, but I doubt it), and there really isn't a Nintendo game coming out in September with a blatantly obvious character to promote alongside it. My guess would be Little Mac, but that's obviously just a guess.

When is Zelda 3DS out?
November in NA, TBA for the other regions IIRC.
EDIT: Also November for Europe.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I suspect a veteran with no games planned for September, Zelda for November, a Pokémon rep for October, and Peach for December. The Pokémon rep could be Pokémon Trainer or a new Trainer.

Groose

Smash Champion
You guys seem to be forgetting that Dream Team is over three weeks old in Japan. The launch isn't that close to the character reveal.

Also, Sakurai likes to be unpredictable. I wouldn't expect him to fall into a pattern.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
You guys seem to be forgetting that Dream Team is over three weeks old in Japan. The launch isn't that close to the character reveal.

Also, Sakurai likes to be unpredictable. I wouldn't expect him to fall into a pattern.

Dream team is releasing a few days from now in North America, so it was probably more convenient timing to time it with America's release of the game.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
With Pokémon Rumble U coming out on eShop by the end of this month, I'm speculating that the next announced character will be a Pokémon. Either a newcomer Pokémon or just Jigglypuff.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Luigi was probably just revealed because the Nintendo Direct was timed closely to the NA release, and since Dream Team was featured in the Nintendo Direct too it made sense. Sakurai doesn't completely leave out the outside of Japan (except us Europeans... :cry:)

D

Deleted member

Meta Knight or Wario will be announced next. I can feel it...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Since I have no chance of being right everSince Luigi just pretty much throws the "No unlockables shown beforehand" argument out the window, and with Pokemon X/Y hype being at an all time high by late September/early October, I actually think there's a fair chance they'll show Jigglypuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom