• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game: Who do you think will be the next character announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
It would be cool if they coincided character reveals with their new games.. like Olimar announced with Pikmin, Luigi with dream team, diddy for Tropical Freeze, Mewtwo for pokemon...stuff like that in nintendo directs

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I don't think Pacman will or should be revealed until closer to the games release. As in very close. Kindof a "And all hope was lost for another third party.....but then PACMAN!" type of deal. The next character revealed I think Luigi. If a returner then Mewtwo. (Can't wait to see that CGI) And if a newcomer I think probably one of the obvious ones, like Ridley or Little Mac.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
I don't think Pacman will or should be revealed until closer to the games release. As in very close. Kindof a "And all hope was lost for another third party.....but then PACMAN!" type of deal.
I agree. It wouldn't fill up the hype-o-meter to the max, as Sonic did with Brawl... but for casual gamers who can relate to Pac-man (there has to be SOME out there) it might actually spark up a lot more interest for SSB.

Who would be a 3rd Party to get in that would cause as much hype as Sonic did with Brawl/what Mega Man has done already?

The only reasonable answer is Pac-man, IMO. Someone give me a different name. I DARE YOU.

Perhaps THREE NEW (meaning Snake and Sonic make a return as well) 3rd-Party characters... Mega Man, Pac-man, ???

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't think Pacman will or should be revealed until closer to the games release. As in very close. Kindof a "And all hope was lost for another third party.....but then PACMAN!" type of deal. The next character revealed I think Luigi. If a returner then Mewtwo. (Can't wait to see that CGI) And if a newcomer I think probably one of the obvious ones, like Ridley or Little Mac.

Speaking of which...

"A Hero arrives late" ... was that supposed to relate to Sonic, back in the Brawl days?
And I agree, Pac Man should be the late arrival this time.

Gah! Can't stop thinking about Little Mac getting announced next! His trailer will give me goosebumps all over, I just know it!

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I really find it surprising that so many people think Luigi will be the next character unveiled. I mean, hasn't he been a secret, unlocakable character in every smash bros? I personally think that the next character will be Yoshi, Zelda, and Little Mac.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Who would be a 3rd Party to get in that would cause as much hype as Sonic did with Brawl/what Mega Man has done already?
You're getting way too specific. You don't need a third party character to cause a lot of hype. Confirming Ridley or Mewtwo or King K. Rool would cause near identical or more hype than Sonic, especially Mewtwo.

I physically doubt there are any Third Party characters left that can beat Mega Man on the hype-ometer.

D

Deleted member

The thing is: Literally hundreds of thousands of people have predicted the roster. The trainer from Wii Fit, while uncommon, is certainly something I have seen at least a dozen times. Mega Man, like Sonic, is something people expected to be in the game, and the villager from Animal Crossing is an entirely reasonable assumption to be made from people who do not read every single article posted about Smash Bros. In short: people are heralding that one post as some kind of prophecy. It wouldn't be the first time the sheep went into the slaughter.
Are you sure you've seen one person that seriously predicted that Wii Fit Trainer would be in? I did look back and see a couple of suggestions (one on the Brawl board and one on the Wii U board) on GameFAQs, but none of them seriously said that Wii Fit Trainer would be in.

Also, another thing to note is that Sakurai added Wii Fit Trainer because no one expected her.

Hong

The Strongest
Also, another thing to note is that Sakurai added Wii Fit Trainer because no one expected her.
He said no one expected her, but unless I am missing something (going over both Japanese and English audio), he never said that was the reasoning.

The reason Wii Fit Trainer was added is because there is no fighter like her. It is as simple as that.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
The only 3rd party I can see beating out Megaman at this point if they were to be revealed would be Banjo and Kazooie, but as we all unfortunately know, they have no chance in hell anymore, unless Nintendo decides to buy up the rights in secret and keep it that way until their reveal trailer, at which point I feel like the entire internet would explode.

As for reveals, Yoshi, Peach, Zelda and Little Mac sound like safe bets to me. Maaaaaybe Palutena or Isaac or Shulk if they're gonna get a little more out there. As much as I'd kill for a Ridley or K. Rool or Samurai Goroh announcement, all three of those guys will almost definitely be unlockables if they hopefully make the cut.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The thing is: Literally hundreds of thousands of people have predicted the roster. The trainer from Wii Fit, while uncommon, is certainly something I have seen at least a dozen times. Mega Man, like Sonic, is something people expected to be in the game, and the villager from Animal Crossing is an entirely reasonable assumption to be made from people who do not read every single article posted about Smash Bros. In short: people are heralding that one post as some kind of prophecy. It wouldn't be the first time the sheep went into the slaughter.
I think you're imagining things. I've been scowering these boards all year and I never, not once saw someone predict the Wii Fit Trainer.

Find me "a dozen" examples of people predicting WFT before she was announced and I'll change my name to "Lunadis's slave".

I certainly have here and there (what, with how this game is talked about on every corner of the Internet), and the rest of the predictions are certainly common enough.

Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you really, honestly, without a doubt, think some teenager from America really knows the roster from a vaguely developed product. Really.
He's not a teenager. He's a well connected and respected guy who is involved in running a gaming website.
It is not at all surprising that an E3 leak would be from an american given that it's held in LA.

It's very unlikely that someone just guessed all three Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and Megaman. More likely that he had inside info in my opinion.
But all we can do is wait and see if Mac, Pac and Mii get in.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
He said no one expected her, but unless I am missing something (going over both Japanese and English audio), he never said that was the reasoning.

The reason Wii Fit Trainer was added is because there is no fighter like her. It is as simple as that.
It's never as simple as that.
There's also no fighter like the Pokemon Ditto. But he isn't added.

There were many factors which contributed to WFT making it in. Probably the most important factor being the popularity of the Wii Fit series and trying to cater to that newer more casual side of the market.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You're getting way too specific. You don't need a third party character to cause a lot of hype. Confirming Ridley or Mewtwo or King K. Rool would cause near identical or more hype than Sonic, especially Mewtwo.

I physically doubt there are any Third Party characters left that can beat Mega Man on the hype-ometer.
Mewtwo might beat Mega Man on the hype meter, but that's it. No way any character left can ever amount to the Sonic hype, it felt like the whole internet just exploded. Even if I wasn't hyped it was impossible to go anywhere without hearing about Sonic in Smash Bros.

Mewtwo is the one who can cause the most hype now, and I'm expecting him to be unlockable and be revealed with the rest of the game leaking. Other than that K. Rool and Ridley are the only ones I can see causing a lot of hype from here to release via a trailer.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Honestly I can imagine three new characters being announced at the end of July or early August....Mewtwo, Olimar and Luigi
(To promote Pikmin 3,Extremespeed Genesect:Mewtwo's Awaking and M&L Dream Team)

Then towards November/December King K. Rool, Zelda and Peach (To promote Zelda Wii U, Super Mario 3D World and DKCR:Tropical Freeze)

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
Master Chief, Kratos, anyone from GTA, Pong ball, Geno, B&K, Reggie Fils-Aime, Shaq (from Shaq Fu), Teemo, Crystal Maiden, Monkey King, Sam Fisher, Sora, Cloud, Simon Belmont, Shepard, Ryu, Ken, Scorpion, Batman

3rd party? Yes. Likely 3rd party? Not really.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Master Chief, Kratos, anyone from GTA, Pong ball, Geno, B&K, Reggie Fils-Aime, Shaq (from Shaq Fu), Teemo, Crystal Maiden, Monkey King, Sam Fisher, Sora, Cloud, Simon Belmont, Shepard, Ryu, Ken, Scorpion, Batman

Reggie ISN'T 3RD PARTY! :laugh:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Megaman is far more exciting than any of these listed third parties in my opinion...

The only third party character that can personally excite me more than Megaman is Professor Layton.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If it's a new character to be revealed next, I think that it would be Lil' Mac. But if it's a veteran character I can see it being either Peach, Yoshi, or Zelda.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I think either another 3rd party character (because Sonic and Snake were both early for Brawl) or a veteran who has always been a starting roster character (Peach, Diddy, Yoshi, Wario, Zelda, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Lucas, Ike, King Dedede, Pokemon Trainer)

grizby2

Smash Lord
my theory is that reveals might be based on the difficulty of putting the character in the game. ness has an energy absorber, a weird two step action recovery, a side smash with reflective properties, ect..
mega man was for promotional purposes, so he NEEDED to be somewhat complete for the trailers and such. but as for other high-technical characters, my guess is that they might be shown near the end or the middle of the game's release.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I really doubt that there'll be any third party reveals. I think Sakurai will wait a while if there are anymore.

However, if there is another then i would say it's probably a Namco rep.

Veterans:
Yoshi
Zelda
Peach

POSSIBLE Newcomers that could be shown:
Shulk
Palutena
Little Mac
Chrom

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I assume we'll see a veteran reveal next. Yoshi seems the most logical since I believe he is the only character of the original 8 unlocked characters that isn't confirmed. As for newcomers I agree Little Mac is a prime candidate. I also think Chrom/Whoever the FE rep is stands a good chance of being revealed early. I believe Ike was the first newcomer who was revealed that wasn't in the initial trailer and we've already seen Arena Ferox at this point so an awakening character seems very likely.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace

Lol.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
PIKMIN & OLIMAR CONFIRMED!
Yay Alph/Charlie/Brittany to replace Olimar rumor debunked.
Not quite. The picture only proves that Olimar has a presence in the new game.

He has no character page, so he could be an assist trophy or part of the scenery.

I hope this is a confirmation but as it stands he's no more confirmed than Toon Link. Let's try and stay calm.

Reznor

work in progress

He has no character page, so he could be an assist trophy or part of the scenery.

I hope this is a confirmation but as it stands he's no more confirmed than Toon Link. Let's try and stay calm.
the site says Challanger Approaching hes playable

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

check it again he has got a page he's defiantly a playable character

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
check it again he has got a page he's defiantly a playable character
Quite right -

At the time of my post the Australian site only had the daily pic, no character page, hence the confusion.

Great news!

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
If Olimar was revealed because Pikmin 3's release in Japan tomorow, I predict, based on this logic, Max from Scribblenauts will be revealed in September.

On record.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Well nobody expected Olimar except for the people that went with the "For each release of a new game comes a reveal" idea, so I'm gonna hold that one close and expect Luigi next. Then a LoZ character. Then Diddy. Then a Pokemon character.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well nobody expected Olimar except for the people that went with the "For each release of a new game comes a reveal" idea, so I'm gonna hold that one close and expect Luigi next. Then a LoZ character. Then Diddy. Then a Pokemon character.
nintendo is sly with their marketing. I'm actually going to maybe buy pikmin 3 now that it's out.

it IS out, right? (EDIT: no it's not. awww.)

also the only reason I could think of other than sakuri not choosing yoshi first was if yoshi had a green background, like so many people already have. and then olimar gets announced with a green background. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom