• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Game and Watch Q&A Thread

DualCats

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure that's the second, weaker hit of the fsmash because I'm fairly certain I hit with the tip of the flame often. I even try to space it as such. Perhaps it's just a mystery of opponents' hurtbox(es).

Also, I didn't know we had a shield.

j00t

Smash Champion
I know that's the second part, but that's the part I tried to use the most. lol

DualCats

Smash Ace
Oh god, it's like Christmas morning when all you get is a bunch of socks and arduous literature.

j00t

Smash Champion
Something I found out only a short while ago, but there is a jab in GnW's rapid jab that doesn't have a hitbox. I think it is around the 7th or 8th jab. And after that the pattern repeats. Just something small I thought I should point out.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Something I found out only a short while ago, but there is a jab in GnW's rapid jab that doesn't have a hitbox. I think it is around the 7th or 8th jab. And after that the pattern repeats. Just something small I thought I should point out.
Well that explains it not hitting, sounds right. I always wan't that jab to hit!

DualCats

Smash Ace
As of tonight, technically confirmed. BUT IT GETS WEIRDER. G&W's jab hits are actually not synced up properly with his hitboxes, it appears as if the seventh jab hitbox occurs slightly before the jab animation. Where there should be an 8th hitbox, there is not. G&W's jab animation occurs seven times before the cycle repeats. I'm not sure why this happens. All the hitboxes are there and all the animations are there.

QERB

Banned via Warnings
deng i never knew about the rapid jab thing, probably cuz i really never use it.. ever. Is there any real practical use for it? I usually just single jab and either grab/do something/gtfo

DualCats

Smash Ace
Trolling people with bad DI. :troll: I almost never rapid jab, though. In general, I find it more useful to either jab > grab or jab > dtilt. I'll rapid jab if I can lock someone against a wall who can't nair out of it. Against people who don't know better, it almost always leads into an up tilt. :3

donny!

Smash Cadet
Hey question!!!

why is Game and watch so low on the tier list?

i think hes freakin great

okay hes light, hasnt really got a sheild or defense,

is that it?

is there like an impossible match up or what?

j00t

Smash Champion
Hey question!!!

why is Game and watch so low on the tier list?

i think hes freakin great

okay hes light, hasnt really got a sheild or defense,

is that it?

is there like an impossible match up or what?
Falco and Sheik can technically be considered impossible. Fox and Marth are really hard as well.

donny!

Smash Cadet
Dude....

that blows
even with the chain grab on falco/fox, ugh!

and another thing,
you guys probobly know

i was in training mode messing around, and i was..

dashing, then shorthoping, then reverse pan-ing, with momentum from the shorthop.

could this be used as a realistic move in a match?

and also, how do you do it?

im hitting b, then slamming the control stick in the opposite direction hoping he will turn around during the shorthop, and its freakin tough. advice for my achey thumbs will greatly be appreciated!

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure you hit the control stick right before you do the pan.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Well hello G&Ws, I've decided to pick this man up as a side character, what are the important things I should know about playing as G&W?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
ok..

so for approaching, I'm mostly using shffl'd fair and wavesmashing a bunch.
I'm kinda having trouble getting a kill though.

QERB

Banned via Warnings
ok..

so for approaching, I'm mostly using shffl'd fair and wavesmashing a bunch.
I'm kinda having trouble getting a kill though.
shhl'd fairs are good, space em as well as you can. wavesmashing can be a good trick, i wouldn't use it as a main approach strategy. Mostly f-airs with mixed in d-airs from above is usually pretty safe.

n-air is probably your main KO move. F-smash is good if you can predict when ppl are jumping out of your shield, i really like it especially for killing puff.

f-air is also a good edgeguarding/ko move, and your d-dilt is good for setting up comboes/edge guarding against certain chars.

Just general stuff =P

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I love my d-tilt :p

and I'll start using nair more then, because I really don't use it at all...
are there any fancy g&w tricks :3

SnakeMan

Smash Cadet
Hey aesir!
Im glad you wanna play a lil gw, he is fun as ****!

Yes, dtilt is the his most awesome move. Dtilt > nair can ko pretty well and if not, will give a nice edgegard setup. Throw > nair works well, too. Basically anytime its safe to nair the opponent, do it. Not does the 'chute do pretty good damage(16%), but the knockback is great for both offense AND defense: you don't want the enemy in your face because your shield is terrible. :-(

Shffl'd nairs are the standard approach with g-dub, just make sure you are hitting with the strong part of the move during the first few frames of the animation.
Also its a good idea to mix in a empty short hop every once in awhile as to not become to predictable, and maybe score a grab.oppurtunity.

Grabbing is good for you, bad for them.
Throw > judgement hammer 9 is teh secksynezz.

:phone:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
BOMBSOLDIERYEAH!!!

and I've discovered this pan spiking whilst playing, its pree funny.

And OHAI SNAKEBOY.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Shffl'd nairs are the standard approach with g-dub, just make sure you are hitting with the strong part of the move during the first few frames of the animation.
Also its a good idea to mix in a empty short hop every once in awhile as to not become to predictable, and maybe score a grab.oppurtunity.
:phone:
This may be bumping but I have a Q about this statement. I always thought that SHFFL'd nairs were bad cuz of the fact that G&W can't L-cancel them...

Pi

Smash Hero
just watched kuya take 9 stocks from notable marth players here in central FL with g&w
was the hypest streak of the crew battle

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
appreciate the shoutout kniht, but it wasnt anything that amazing

oh and draft crews are basically when two captains split the entire venue into teams

Top Bottom