• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Game and Watch Q&A Thread

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
O.O omg, I'm gonna add that into my game, what a way to punish CCers, dtilt > jab reset > usmash > nair would be like 50% haha, hell the usmash could lead to a grab against fast fallers too, hmmmmm *tinkers*

Dax

Smash Journeyman
it's not always that easy. Yesterday I was playing a friend, he was Falco, he CC'd my down tilt and managed to immediately D-tilt me without falling at all D: :sad:

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
lol, hmm, i should look into what %'s G&W's dtilt being CC'd will lead to tripping, make a list for each chars since this wouldn't be a bad thing to look into

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
Double post for awesomeness

Following %'s are when the opponent is crouch canceling, after the dtilt connects

Tested in NTSC v1.0

CC'd Dtilt > pratfall (ending %'s) {to see what % to start at, a fresh dtilt does 12 %, so bowser would be 29 - 70 if you hadn't used dtilt in a long while}

Bowser 41- 82

CF 38 - 77

Doc 38 - 74

DK 40 - 76

Falco 34 - 69

Fox 33 - 68

G&W 30 - 59

Ganon 39 - 79

IC 35 - 67

Jiggs 30 - 57

Kirby 32 - 63

Link 38 - 76

Luigi 38 - 72

Mario 38 - 70

Master Hand Cannot Pratfall

Martha 35 - 68

M2 35 - 67

Ness 37 - 67

Peach 36 - 69

Pichu 29 - 57

Pika 34 - 67

Roy 35 - 69

Samus 40 - 76

Sheik 36 - 71

Yoshi 39 - 76

YL 35 - 67

Zelp 36 - 69

Hope ya enjoy this =D

Thanks also to rocket33r for CC'ing >.>

Dax

Smash Journeyman
thanks a lot. So we can say that, in general, you can safely punish a CC on d tilt if you're doing it at around 26% (% of your opponent). And 6x% is the last time you can do it.
Cool.

j00t

Smash Champion
I CC'd his nair, used d-tilt, and he CC'd and fell over. Then I used jab -> grab -> hammer

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
he didn't go through the jab reset animation O.o and the pika was too low of a % to pratfall O.o

all i can think is that you hit him when he was still moving then SDI'd down right away into a pratfall, idk though

j00t

Smash Champion
Well, he was clearly lying on the ground after I dtilted him. He might of smash DI'd the jab upwards, but I dunno.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
O.o hi? hahaha. I don't know if I'm the best person to have this thread >.> but I'll accept the responsibility and abuse it =D

Guess I need to step it up eh?

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
O.o hi? hahaha. I don't know if I'm the best person to have this thread >.> but I'll accept the responsibility and abuse it =D

Guess I need to step it up eh?

i give you the totem to hold for now, my current living situation prohibits me of internet so i have to go the library.and i no longer have smash in my possession, but G&W will stay in my favor as always.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
@ noct the CG works from 0-35 on fox, if he DI's up and shines out of it, falco a little longer, then you can go to dthrow according to everyone who tries telling me G&W ***** falco... ugh haha.

@keeper, my van is working again, so we'll be up monday to **** you/gage/eggz =D also there is a way to tell apparently, I've heard that each throw makes the person/balls G&W juggles move in different directions, though i've never actually needed to know that in battle so I can't tell you which is which haha

keeper

Smash Champion
@keeper, my van is working again, so we'll be up monday to **** you/gage/eggz =D also there is a way to tell apparently, I've heard that each throw makes the person/balls G&W juggles move in different directions, though i've never actually needed to know that in battle so I can't tell you which is which haha
I'll figure this out and edit back in a couple minutes.

LThrow- Ball moves left to right, character always starts in right hand no matter which side you grab them from.
RThrow- Ball moves right to left, character always starts in left hand no matter which side you grab them from.
Dthrow- Ball moves from opposite hand you grabbed with to whatever hand you grabbed with.
Uthrow- Ball moves from opposite hand you grabbed with to whatever hand you grabbed with.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
@ noct the CG works from 0-35 on fox, if he DI's up and shines out of it, falco a little longer, then you can go to dthrow according to everyone who tries telling me G&W ***** falco... ugh haha.

its also easy to gimp spacies with d tilt and chair in front of ledges i enjoy that lots.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
I'm not the master of this matchup (I usually go zelda vs a marth) but stage wise, go brinstar/FoD against him. Brimstar ***** against marth =). DL64 I assume wouldn't be bad since it messes with him, getting under platforms is always nice, ruins his game.

Baiting moves works well, up b OoS is good if you get stuck and he is in the air at the normal up-b punishing spots/%'s (low % if close to ground, high % if higher in air, only use if there's a top platform to safely land on)

The matchup for G&W relys almost solely on getting in on him, via baiting his attacks and QUICKLY punishing, which can be hard, though if you get a grab/dtilt(low%)/fair(low%)/nair(mid-high)/bair(if he DI's up or away) you can usually get a free hit/combo in. once you get in on marth you can just destroy him, trick is baiting, and WATCH OUT FOR THE DASH DANCE CAMP.

I wouldn't mind hearing how other G&W's take the matchup, i have issues if they dash dance camp well =c

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Alright, thanks. And what is your opinion vs. doc?

I realize, since I main doc mostly, he WILL pill spam. So maybe wavedash and immediately light shield while still sliding to get closer, or maybe duck under his pills. Probably take him to battlefield or a place w/ platforms? I know I hate going to stages with platforms when playing Doc, since he relies on chaingrabbing. Does this sound good, at least to you guys?

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
@nocturnalist just hold down when he grabs you...

@cash Vs doc is stupid, don't even try light sheilding his pills unless you have to, they eat your already pathetic sheild quickly, ducking does work as long as you're moving, I personally believe G&W is stupid without platforms in general, Doc won't grab you. Try to get port priority, (port 1) otherwise if doc grabs you he get's a free fair... ouch

Doc won't chaingrab you, he's too lame like that. Pills **** you, cape is good, but you can sweetspot, nairs are your friend in this matchup imo, like... throw out random short hop nairs if you think he might run into it wavedashign all over the place. If he camps, just bair pills and stay way back? I'm not that good at this matchup

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
@nocturnalist just hold down when he grabs you...

@cash Vs doc is stupid, don't even try light sheilding his pills unless you have to, they eat your already pathetic sheild quickly, ducking does work as long as you're moving, I personally believe G&W is stupid without platforms in general, Doc won't grab you. Try to get port priority, (port 1) otherwise if doc grabs you he get's a free fair... ouch

Doc won't chaingrab you, he's too lame like that. Pills **** you, cape is good, but you can sweetspot, nairs are your friend in this matchup imo, like... throw out random short hop nairs if you think he might run into it wavedashign all over the place. If he camps, just bair pills and stay way back? I'm not that good at this matchup
lol you still get F_Smashed ><

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
yea, the marth matchup is SOOO much easier if you DI throws down and all attacks (about 70% and down) away from him. He can't combo you and it changes from a 90-10 to like a... 70-30?

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
yea, the marth matchup is SOOO much easier if you DI throws down and all attacks (about 70% and down) away from him. He can't combo you and it changes from a 90-10 to like a... 70-30?
im a sucker when it comes to di.. thats approach against marf is ugly

keeper

Smash Champion
A lot of it comes down to knowing where the throw puts you and what the animation even looks like so you can react. You don't even need to react super quickly if you can recognize the animation VERY early on and react in time before they release you. It's what really shows amongst scrubbier players when they don't exactly know what to expect. They just know that "oh no, this sound and movement means he will try x, I better do y because I know that his plan won't work as long as I react."

That's just my opinion though... I got tired of getting fthrow->fsmash long ago. An explanation I once heard from M2K during doubles was "I heard the Jiggs uthrow sound so I just knew that if I jumped and hit *move here* I'd knock my partner and the Jiggs away saving him from rest."

Edit: Holy **** rambling. ^

Top Bottom