• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I'll play more HoN as soon as I get back to G-ville. The Internet connection at my house has been way too flaky lately

Oh, and greetings from Greece. Wi-fi cafes ftw

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
SMASHFEST CANCELLED! ALSO MY ROOMMATE APPEARS TO BE "DOING IT" RIGHT NOW AND IM GLAD IM LEAVING

mastasniparicky can host at his place, probably.

Give him a holla he won't pick up for the best 7th best Pit in FL (me)

RockCrock

Smash Champion
If you only watch a single competetive HoN game in your life, please watch this one. It is ridiculously entertaining. It's from the Dreamhack HoN tournament semi-finals in Sweden.

MATCH LINK

And to supplement the commentary stream, download the match from this link by clicking the "Download Replay/Start Download" button beneath the green bar (save it under documents>HoN>game>replays). There are a few great plays that the commentators overlook because they can only follow a single perspective at a time.

You will thank me. :smash:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
dewdadash said he'll wreck you all in melee
:laugh: lol tru story. used to play w/ rockcrock on a regular basis long back. But now I just feel its so dead as ****. Like i just dont care for it anymore. Ill still **** the majority of you in melee tho that say that brawl sucks Ha.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Well I say Brawl sucks compared to Melee. So bring it.
Oh ok challenges I see. Lemme just brush the dust off my melee controller nd ima bring 06 back to ya.

oh and mooney, marth ditto lets go. If im feeling unrusty, mm?

Oh and u know what? I'll just go out and say it, Melee sucks, game belongs in a museum rofl

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I'm afraid you're underestimating Gainesville's melée scene. Ask RockCrock, he'll vouch for us

:edit: The fact that the game is old and the scene is still so robust is testament to how good it is. Case in point: MvC2

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Oh ok challenges I see. Lemme just brush the dust off my melee controller nd ima bring 06 back to ya.

oh and mooney, marth ditto lets go. If im feeling unrusty, mm?

Oh and u know what? I'll just go out and say it, Melee sucks, game belongs in a museum rofl
I think you're taking your signature just a little too far out of context, buddy.

But yeah, sure, if you're in Gainesville I'll MM you for any amount.

Brawl sucks.

ughh, please tell me you're not another Marth main in Melee....
Yes, he mains marth.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lol ive been maining marth since ya'll been in diapers. ****, ill make marth top tier again in gville and not the random *** cfs and or ganondorfs that i see now lately at brawl tournies.

lol @ brawl sucks. ughh soo many ppl pretending like melee is better. ya'll werent good then and ur not good now. Getting ***** by hbox is the norm and losing to shiz and the guy doesnt even play anymore.

ill probably contact linguini sometime just to get back in shape and **** y'all.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Completely random flashback, but I wish that GSCA set RockCrock vs Raistlin was recorded (the one where Rock edgecanceled at Mute City after making an amazing recovery). That was 60 % of the reason I picked up Ganon in the first place. Renth contributes the remaining 40%.

ewww, yuck....
that upB slide was off the mothah ****en chain suhn

Renth

Smash Hero
lol ive been maining marth since ya'll been in diapers. ****, ill make marth top tier again in gville and not the random *** cfs and or ganondorfs that i see now lately at brawl tournies.

lol @ brawl sucks. ughh soo many ppl pretending like melee is better. ya'll werent good then and ur not good now. Getting ***** by hbox is the norm and losing to shiz and the guy doesnt even play anymore.

ill probably contact linguini sometime just to get back in shape and **** y'all.
Well.

If you want to argue about brawl vs. melee for the millionth time feel free to take it else where.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Well.

If you want to argue about brawl vs. melee for the millionth time feel free to take it else where.
I'm not arguing about it. I just think y'all should be open minded. I was just joking saying that melee sucks. I've played the game since it came out and played competitively from like 04-07 lol. It's just a bit old for me really, and no1 plays it in naples anymore. Shiz and spdn stopped like in 06 and 07 so those were like the only ppl to play with in naples + they moved. I come in this thread and usually i just hear from ppl that brawl sucks blah and what not.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I wish you the best of luck in your attempt to "****" a small minor community in the middle of nowhere. You are very cool.
well seeing as how this is the only community in Florida that really gives a **** about melee, besides orlando, but I'm pretty sure this is more melee dominant than orlando and anywhere else in FL. The community isn't minor, u got rockcrock, linguini, me, phanna, and other ppl.
That's a pretty solid community if you ask me, well for melee atleast.

and what do u mean eww marth? u mained marth back in the day. Hypocrite lol.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Eh, I guess I still main marth, but hes boring, so I switch between ganon, falco, and fox now.

lolol, I'm not a hypocrite, I'm just undecided ):

Also, Harriet the guy can be added to that list.

Wow, I guess you're right. Didn't really think about it that way. Gainesville is going to be pretty great for melee. A shame I'm not going to be around.

So you're gonna play melee again right? Help get me back into Brawl and I'll help get you back into Melee. Sounds like a fair trade to me :p

But yeah, Gainesville definitely isn't the most melee dominant lol. Our maybe 10/15 consistent players with no tournaments are hardly better than Orlando's 30+, which has tournaments often, or even SFL, which has ZP, and a pretty strong community.

Hell, I'm sure even the panhandle has a more consistent melee community than us, lol.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I'm not arguing about it. I just think y'all should be open minded. I was just joking saying that melee sucks. I've played the game since it came out and played competitively from like 04-07 lol. It's just a bit old for me really, and no1 plays it in naples anymore. Shiz and spdn stopped like in 06 and 07 so those were like the only ppl to play with in naples + they moved. I come in this thread and usually i just hear from ppl that brawl sucks blah and what not.
I'm not sure where you came from with this.

I respect your decision to play Brawl and I totally understand playing it over Melee as Melee IS pretty old (which is why so many good players quit; they felt it was time for a change). I also know that Naples has been a deadzone for Melee recently.

HOWEVER, this is Gainesville's social thread. If you see us saying "brawl sucks blah and what not" it's because all of us who post in here are friends and we like to joke and stuff.

I also hate the phrase "open-minded." People mistake it for meaning "love everything." I am open-minded to other things, I simply have my opinion on Brawl. Personally, I don't play Brawl because I don't feel as though the current metagame favors the attacker enough. BUT THIS IS MY OPINION. I ask Max all the time if he wants to play brawl and he responds "you don't wanna play Brawl w/ me" and gives me that award-winning Masky smile. Until he says "sure, let's play" my opinion on Brawl probably won't change.

*end r-r-r-rage-post*

Are you even IN Gainesville? I don't remember hearing about you from the locals. I know who you ARE, as I've seen your tourney placing (which are pretty good, congrats).

What I REALLY wanted to know was which region you mean with "rockcrock, linguini, me, phanna." I know Rock is here most of the time, but Phanna hasn't been in Gville for a few years (though he is returning, yay!), Linguini is just starting this coming Fall, and I didn't know about your Gainesville-presence until just now. It was pretty apparent you don't know much about Gainesville's smash scene by this phrase alone.

Regardless, I look forward to playing you in the future. If you're as good as you say you are, Gainesville would benefit greatly from a great Marth, even if it is now and then.

AAAAND: Don't listen to Eikelmann, he has no idea what he's talking about. Gainesville is not to be trifled with. I'm not sure Orlando even has 30 players who PLACE at tournaments

Top Bottom