• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
For everyone in Gainesville, we are trying to have a Smashbeque this Saturday in honor of Ricky's birthday (it was this past Wednesday). We will be getting some stuff and grilling outside at a pool and just hanging out for a while before going inside to play some smash later in the evening.

This one will probably be a small test run for locals, as I can see something like this getting pretty big and having other regions coming to hang out and play.

Anyway, is anyone interested/would come if we had one this Saturday?

Renth

Smash Hero
For everyone in Gainesville, we are trying to have a Smashbeque this Saturday in honor of Ricky's birthday (it was this past Wednesday). We will be getting some stuff and grilling outside at a pool and just hanging out for a while before going inside to play some smash later in the evening.

This one will probably be a small test run for locals, as I can see something like this getting pretty big and having other regions coming to hang out and play.

Anyway, is anyone interested/would come if we had one this Saturday?
I'll see what's going on around here, to see if I can even get out because of ya know the baby and all. I would need a ride, we can hammer out the details you know my contact information.

Saturday? bahhhh. I don't want to miss that for the world, but I'm going to be in orlando for WATO 9.75 Saturday :(
Honoring friends, bonding with people you don't know as well as you think you do. Definately beats going to Orlando.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Oh yea, I forgot to post on here about my birthday. Mark thought up the idea of a smash bbq a few weeks back and I thought it sounded like fun. So, I'm trying to set up a get-together of some sort in my apartment complex. It will mpst likely be sometime this weekend (Saturday or Sunday). You guys are all invited to come.

It's nothing guaranteed yet; just an idea. So, I'll keep you posted on details and whatnot if we decide to have it. Should be confirmed by tonight.

Saturday? bahhhh. I don't want to miss that for the world, but I'm going to be in orlando for WATO 9.75 Saturday :(
Ian, I say go ahead and go to the Orlando. I appreciate you weighing your options between my event and WATO. But I won't mind if you go ahead to Orlando; especially since I'm posting an event on such short noticed and that the smash bbq isn't even confirmed yet. Good luck with WATO if you decide to go.

I might get rejected from UF because I failed my only non-ap class(which was a joke) because I didn't go for 2 weeks lol.
What?!? But I need someone to show me how to bait Josh to run into my f-airs.

EDIT:
Also, Josh are we having a smashfest at your house today?

Renth

Smash Hero
@ Matt Thanks not only for the ride but an all around great time, from the jokes swimming and so on. Today was great.

@ Ricky Nice way for us to honor your birthday, can't wait to do it again.

@ Nick, Jenny, and Chad..? (i'm bad with names). It was nice to chill with you guys and get to know you, thanks again especially for the ride to walmart.

@ Josh Sorry you got hit in the eye with the ball, we had a lot of fun you should have came swimming.

@ Chris it was nice hanging out and playing you

@ Masky thanks for coming out and head butting basketballs across the pool into peoples hands.. pro

@ Alex you have your moments of glory harness it!

@ Ian . .. Hello

@ whoever I forgot thanks for coming out

Had a great time guys, can't wait to get to know you all more in these type of places, outside of just playing a game together sometimes.

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
@ Ricky Nice way for us to honor your birthday, can't wait to do it again.
yes

@ Josh Sorry you got hit in the eye with the ball, we had a lot of fun you should have came swimming.
i agree with Dennis on this one.

@ Chris it was nice hanging out and playing you
lol Kris

@ Masky thanks for coming out and head butting basketballs across the pool into peoples hands.. pro
HAHAHA

@ Alex you have your moments of gl-- OH MY GOD reverse-moonwalked-falcon punch to the face!!
:edited: Serving suggestion. Actual contents may vary.

@ Ian . .. Hello
hey i said the same thing on facebook!

Haha looks like i missed out on a LOT od fun. thanks for summing it up Mark. (i hope no one forgot to turn off Josh's light, seeing as i wasnt there to fullfill my duty...)

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I joke about it a lot, but I'm actually a very patriotic person when I want to be.

I wrote a rather expansive paper for my AP American History class about being Patriotic. My country is very important to me, but so is my heritage.

And lol, the free man part should be at least a bit understandable, Mark. Jeeze.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
:colorful::bee: Thanks everyone for an awesome weekend. I owe it to you guys for making my birthday weekend a sweet success.

Ian: Congrats on finishing school. I can't believe you're going to the military though, you will be missed. You're a legit smasher.

Mark: You crazy-***, you were diving into the pool with Ganondorf's falling reverse up-airs , lol. I can count on you to hype up smash parties with crazy hype stunts like that I guess.

Nick (Waza): Thanks for the huge contribution. That barbeque sauce was good, I'll be sure to save it for the next smash-be-que if we have one again. And thanks for bringing your friends along; they're nice peeps. Aww yeah, and you beat me in the swimming race, good stuff.

Matt: Thanks for keepin' the food coming, I can still taste those burgers. Next time I'll flip (CAPE) the burgers.

Max: Thanks for showin' man. Brawl's not a bad game, but we gotta convert you to melee.

Alex: Next time, I wanna see you out there in the pool with us. Once you learn how to swim, you'll have hella fun in there always.

Josh: Thanks for your contribution man, I know you tacked on most of the grocery expenses. Your guitar and piano skills are legit. And thanks for bringing a TV set. BTW, I gave that girl her card back ;).

Mo: Wow, I didn't know had a legit signature. Sorry you missed out on this though. Maybe next time.

James (Onyx): I hate that you ever had to leave Gainesville.

More shoutouts to come because I gotta go to dinner with some friends... Gotta bounce yo.

Renth

Smash Hero
I joke about it a lot, but I'm actually a very patriotic person when I want to be.

I wrote a rather expansive paper for my AP American History class about being Patriotic. My country is very important to me, but so is my heritage.

And lol, the free man part should be at least a bit understandable, Mark. Jeeze.
I'm teasing, don't get mad.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Lol, I can never sense when you're joking over the internet.

Also, I doubt I can go to Miami anymore. Smashfest this weekend, I would hope?

Seeing as school no longer exists for me, somebody should just house me for like a week and let me smash with them forever hahaha

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
lol the internet has that effect on text. sarcasm is hard to convey.

yo but i feel you on that Ian, i sound like a frikkin terrorist sometimes but at heart, i love this country. But Puerto Rico is also pretty darn nice! :p

yes, maybe SBQ once every 2 months? dunno. but Matt's SMV sounds great (how does Smash Movie Night get shortened to SMV? ask Alex cuz i sure as hell dont know...)

Renth

Smash Hero
Smash movie night, i'll pass.

No one would watch the movie anyway i'd gladly play smash OR go to the movies. Unless, you mean go to the theaters and watch something then come back and smash well i'm all for that.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking just having some people over to watch a movie, but we could go see one then play smash after. I'm just thinking of ideas for us to spend time together outside of smash.

We may have to go see Inception together when it comes out.

Renth

Smash Hero
I was thinking just having some people over to watch a movie, but we could go see one then play smash after. I'm just thinking of ideas for us to spend time together outside of smash.

We may have to go see Inception together when it comes out.
You are literally becoming my Social Savior - although.. that abbreviates to SS which is too close to Silent Spectre.. but it'll do for now (like your new title? that's you forever now.. until you get ranked up to something more raype)

Anyway, you let me know ANYTIME you want to hang out. I have HoN also if you ever want to come over and play

Top Bottom