• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G6: 3, Echoes! May 14th! Regional? Doctor PP! Craig! King Nima! Druggedfox

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
BOTTLES>ICE>BLIZZARD
A New Era in Smash.

Well guys this is it! Volume 3 in the G6 monthlies series. Come out and support the North carolina smash scene. The new venue is 100 percent legit and approved. Much like the Herb 3 venue, this tournament will be held in a hotel, Butt OOS fear not! I offer some housing :D
G6 monthlies is going to be NC's premier tournament series, leading into a regional tournament sometime in the future called S.L.A.M Ill need all of your help and all your support but together I know we can do this!

Location!

The Wingate By Windham hotel
7841 Gateway Lane NW
I-85 exit 49 Speedway Blvd
Concord, NC 28027 US

Plenty of parking, loading deck for setups and HELLA FOOD nearby.

Times. (NEW)
Doors open at 10am
Registration for all teams events closes at 11:30am
Melee and brawl doubles bracket posted before 1.
melee pools up before 5
Braw singles bracket up before five
M2k DQ'd by 7:30

Anyone interested in being a pool captain feel free to post! otherwise you will be chose at random

Project M side tournament at 7pm, 2 dollar entry fee. singles only.
Doors will close at 2am.

I NEED SETUPS

Entries (NEW)
Melee singles 10 dollars
Melee doubles 20 per team
Top 5 payout BOTH EVENTS
[collapse=Stage List for Melee and brawl]

Melee

Singles

Starter Stage List:
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle
General melee rules
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

[/collapse]

Food.

This venue is located Hella close to loads of places for food, Within 0.3 miles (Walking distance...even for me..)

[collapse=convenient food nearby]

[/collapse]

Snaps Final thoughts and rules.

My gas rule.

The car coming from the farthest distance, as determined by google maps, gets a gas bonus, of (at the time of G6 monthlies round 1) 20 dollars, If this gets bigger, this amount may become forty

My sponsor, XS energy will be out in full affect selling drinks and promoting themselves! show some support for a company looking to stimulate the melee scene!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Dude I had an XS energy root beer once, and it was honestly the best root beer I've ever had.

Obviously no promises on this, I will most likely be in NJ, but if I can make it I'll be there.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
hmm. this sounds interesting for now. got 2 let the rest of the pembroke crew know about this.

*CT*

Smash Lord
I might go.....maybe? Just because of the sound of pools and me playing more than two sets; that and a lot of fun people are in Charlotte, which isn't far away.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah matt, if i do end up back in wilmington, maybe i'll drive to your place and we'll roll together or something. gotta keep the greensboro **** train intact.

0Room

Smash Lord
Okay I'll legitimately try to go to this one
Also, I'm assuming there won't be any kind of side tournies, like MVC3

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't miss this. I'm definitely coming back to this tourney

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
WV should be there. Probably at least 2 or 3 of us. Looking forward to it.

Zone

Smash Champion
If my money is looking good I wanna come to this. I need place to sleep though. If i have to i guess i can sleep in my car. I will probably be coming solo, cuz North Florida Melee players are uber lazy at traveling. Sometimes too lazy to even travel 2 hours. let alone a 8 1/2 hour drive lol.

If any GA people want me to pick you up otw I think my fastest route is through atlanta I'd have to recheck. Any save on gas would be Super sexy. considering Gas costs your first newborn child nowadays.

Top Bottom