• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FYJ | Free Venue | ft Armada, Hbox, Axe?? (5 minutes from Apex venue!!)

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
a few things...

drinking is no problem, just don't be stupid about it

if this get's packed and you haven't posted about coming/aren't on chain's attendance list, you're gonna be the first to get kicked out

it'll prolly get a little colder at night so bring an extra hoody or whatever, unless someone has an extra space heater lying around, in which case i'll remove their venue fee (lol...)

obviously, bring your own controller, and bring setups if you've got them.

also,
settlers of catan
!!!

LLDL

Smash Hero
It's a suburban neighborhood so just park anywhere, just make sure you're facing the right direction.

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
parking's whatever, like chain said

the max is somewhere between 40 and 50 i'd guess.
not too sure but i'll post when we're about to hit it on thursday so people know.

and yeah it's fine to come after the tournament to play friendlies

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Armada (and a lot of us others) won't make it to singles, apparently, but I bet that he could beat everyone coming to this using Sheik (with the exception of Hbox, but yeah, Ylink etc.).
His Sheik is ridiculous.

AXE 09

Smash Master
If I go to this, would anyone be willing to take me, along with 3 other people (V3ctorman, Tai, YEAH!), back to the hotel after this is over?

:phone:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Ok so one MDVA car of 4-5 may show up to this
Wenbo Winston Bones DKuo Vist(maybe)

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
if anyone has a space heater, hit me up or post here.
they look like this

mine has become kinda useless, so half the space i was planning on using for this is gonna be like 45 degrees.

if nobody has one that they can bring for the day, then i might just use my friends place in new brunswick that's near a decent parking lot. however, if this is the case he'll want a venue fee since someone will probably steal something on some ignorant ****

LLDL

Smash Hero
^

If anyone has a space heater that can heat a relatively large room, than we can have this at smelly cat's house / garage as planned. Post today if possible!!

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
Armada (and a lot of us others) won't make it to singles, apparently, but I bet that he could beat everyone coming to this using Sheik (with the exception of Hbox, but yeah, Ylink etc.).
His Sheik is ridiculous.
strong uair -> soft uair -> soft uair -> strong uair -> gg

PB&J

Smash Hero
I want to play armada's sheik,and the people im coming with are pretty good at this game. Axe- if you get dropped off here. Im pretty sure i can get you to the hotel.

HBK-Dip! I want to play you and Nando in teams alot @ this btw so find me please :)

:phone: and i have a small heater,if no one else can bring one

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
If I go to this, would anyone be willing to take me, along with 3 other people (V3ctorman, Tai, YEAH!), back to the hotel after this is over?

:phone:
I'm getting in around 8 I would check in at hotel then most likely head over for this so I could give you a ride back...

Linguini

Smash Master
what would be the best way to get here from the newark airport? my flight arrives at 5 pm on thursday. and don't just post a link to nj transit. is the closest station new brunswick?

is there any way someone could pick me up from the train station there if so?

LLDL

Smash Hero
At Newark Airport, go to Northeast Corridor #3869, there's a NJ transit terminal.

The train from Newark to new brunswick leaves at 05:58 PM, arrives at New Brunswick at 6:31. Then post / call I'll get you.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i have a small portable heater i can bring. It works pretty well but no guarantee it would be enough

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
lol, yeah please bring your heaters if it's not an ordeal.

if you 2 and shoop bring them we'll have 4 small ones running, and with all the homie heat i'm sure it'll be a feasible temperature

so it looks like it'll be here (22 bartle road) tomorrow until it gets too crowded/too cold in the garage, then we'll vote on moving to my friends place(with fee) or staying or w/e

this **** is staaacked. hype.

ILM

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there around 5ish, with a setup. If I can find my old space heater I'll bring that too, but it's unlikely.

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
We're gonna start doubles at 2, singles at 5.
this

doors open 1ish

park along the road etc etc...
my house is right next to a big field and has pine trees on both sides of the driveway

and everyone who's coming should consider bringing:
a gamecube+melee?
a tv?
a space heater <3
warm as **** layers and **** clothing just in case

and definitely bring:
a controller
money
antiperspirant

and if you wanna save it somewhere the address of my friends place is 30 easton ave, new brunswick nj (backup venue if it gets too crowded. there'll be a dollar or two venue fee)

my cell is 616 918 6098, feel free to text but don't blow it up

the livestream link will get posted if it gets set up, and i'll post when i can't fit any more people

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Hey Smelly Cat my car is taking Armada and europe tomorrow, I plan on being there around 5 the LATEST.

Expecting to leave around 1-2pm (Assuming it'll take a solid 2.5-3hrs to get to you)

I have your number expect a call tomorrow :)

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
Count me in! Assuming there's still room for me!
*shrug*

njz i would make this a league of legends tournament but i know how bad you are at that game D:

Hey Smelly Cat my car is taking Armada and europe tomorrow, I plan on being there around 5 the LATEST.
that's good because singles starts at 5. sharp.
D:<

lol just playing. i'll wait a bit for you guys if you're not there by 5. text me if **** happens

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
silly question: Do you have stuff like chairs and tables, electricity, ext chords etc?

Top Bottom