• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FYJ | Free Venue | ft Armada, Hbox, Axe?? (5 minutes from Apex venue!!)

ILM

Smash Journeyman
****ing work johns, guess I'm not going to this. Salt.

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
ok so if this is the 5th, im just gonna steal a car and come prob

cant miss the most hype NJ smashfest of all time lmao

LLDL

Smash Hero
11pm. If singles isn't over 12 at the absolute latest.

Niko45

Smash Master
If my group decides to get a hotel for thursday night I'll be interested in coming but I don't know yet (booking soon)

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
yea, 11 is tap time

if you guys are willing to pay $1 venue, my friend in brunswick is down to let this take place in his apartment, with no closing time and infinite food joints nearby.

it's up to you guys

Linguini

Smash Master
i won't make it in time for the tourney but my flight arrives sometime in the later afternoon so i'll prob come by for friendlies!

PB&J

Smash Hero
We defenitely need to m.ake sure people have rides,i wont have a car this apex,but last apex i did and i drove everyone around,including brawl players

:phone:

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'll be giving a few rides, but not that many. Maybe 2 or 3 trips between the hotels.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
Yea I'm not at the hotel I'm at my house for apex pretty sure i got a carpool going but just in case my ride doesn't work out for this it would be nice if someone can help out kinda like a back up plan.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
I plan on going. this will be greater than apex
I so agree this seems so much more chill plus I didn't register early enough so its too expensive now. I'm just spectating and playing friendlies at apex but this I might enter tourny since its 5$ not a additional 40 for venue fee which day 2 of apex I probably wont go.

PB&J

Smash Hero
im pretty sure melee entrants will be more than 300 this year and if that happens im pretty sure day 2 will happen regardless how its ran

oh and this is going to be great. i Just want to drillshine some people all day long

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
good to here maybe I'll stop by on day 2 for some melee friendlies but i really can't stand brawl.... unless its brawl MINUS which should be taken more serious then regular brawl.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
strife messed up the prices. pretty sure i can just show up the day of and pay $10 for friendlies instead of registering and entering for $55. would be nice to see how well i could do but oh well

LLDL

Smash Hero
To be fair it was 40 to begin with, people just don't take advantage of registering early. Most nationals cost more as well, apex is cheap.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
ya i know its my fault. still haven't decided if ill enter cause i do want to

PB&J

Smash Hero
To me,it doesnt make sense to raise the price,i know why they do it,but its still dumb,im pretty sure there would be like and extra 30 plus people if it was the same price,but guess that doesnt matter to at this point

:phone:

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
well the biggest thing to me is the all the price differences at this point. unless i'm reading the registration page wrong on top of the entry fee of $15 (expected) i must to pay the "smash events fee" of $40, or i can just pay $10 at the door (each day maybe?). i'm not gonna win the tournament and doubt i'd make it far, so it just makes sense to pay considerably less for almost the same experience.

oh and controller johns* : p

LLDL

Smash Hero
I understand tho, as long as you don't miss the event!

Top Bottom