• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fundraising for M2K's Australian journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok guys. So, as most of you would be aware, M2K will come to Robocop if we can get some money together for his flights.

I reckon we'll need about $1500 to get him a return flight out here.

Luke and Nova have already pledged 200 bucks each which is like almost a third of the way there. If other people are willing to pledge, or have any ideas about how we can get money together, post here and we'll see what we can do.

I'm willing to put in another $100, so that 500 bucks already boys!

It would be so easy for every tourney to in the next couple of months to give a percentage of the pot to this cause.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I'm donating $200 just because I know nobody else from this CHEAP state I live in won't (besides I'd just gamble it anyway).
AND I want to get ***** by the guy at least once.
I'll MM him for $7. Hahahaha.
Ugh, but yeah. This boosts the hype potential extraordinarily.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
good on yas
surely we wouldn't have to raise the entire flight money
he'll win at least $600 prizemoney so....

tedeth

Smash Master
Yeah that's true.

What we should do is do that sponsored visitor idea so that we pay for him to come over, but whatever he wins goes back to those who payed for it kinda thing.

I mean he'd be getting free housing and everything so it would be a super cheap trip for him.

+ he'll win like every MLG.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah i wrote in the other thread, soz.
ill give 50 bucks =)

Nova

Banned via Warnings
'Kay so we have $600 up front so far (Vlade and Tibs $50 each).
So, it's all looking good. I think the rest could be sorted through some sort of pot crap (my family are ******* btw) and give him incentive enough to come here.

Vermy

Smash Champion
This is an awesome idea, now let's get Reflex down here. =D

Will pledge $100 for Reflex to come to Robocop. <3

In a month's time, depending on my financial status, I may pledge to the M2K fundraiser.

Would rather see some international PTs down here, tbh.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I think most people would rather have a notable main of their character travel here, however M2K is the best brawler in the world, he is showing interest without having to be approached, and is actively doing something about attending.

Nova

Banned via Warnings

Vermy... seriously.
It's better than Sadwhorelame (barely makes sense, w/e).
ANYWAY what Conor said; as long as they don't use Kirby I'm happy.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i can't believe people are actually saying "i want x to come"
you don't get a ****ing choice lol

unreon

Smash Ace
Holy @#$% at this entire affair.

Put me down for $50 at this current moment; but I can easily ramp it up to $100 or $200 if push comes to shove.

M2K coming omfg, time to get ***** Australia.

Cao/Kas/SD/Dek/Em better step up their game.

i can't believe people are actually saying "i want x to come"
you don't get a ****ing choice lol
lol so true, so true. Guys we should sponsor Arianny Celeste gogogo

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lolol ted nice one.

cage? no way, if anyone would be in a cage, it would be...

wow theres so many choices

unreon

Smash Ace
Only thing holding me back from this is a feeling that M2K should not be allowed to win prize money if we sponsor his flight tickets. It's just free money based on his fame in the community.

But that's up to Cao to decide and such.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
so hurtful

and yes unreon dw i will stomp mew2king
get at me mewking
, i will show you that there's only ONE KING AND HIS NAME IS DEKAR

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i agree unreon btw

free flights and accommodation to the best country in the world with the best people in the world is a prize good enough what stuff not for want it

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If the Australian Smash Community manages to cover the full or majority of M2K's flight cost, then he won't be allowed to win any slice of the pot.

However, a better proposition would be to use that money instead to boost the pot, in which he would claim in his performances. I'm fine either way and he seems to offer both options as well. Just a preventative measure against sandbagging.

Since people are serious about this, I'll donate $100 or $200 for the time being, and get a Paypal setup for the M2K fund - and update this on the Robocop thread in the next day or two.

Dekar289

Smash Hero

However, a better proposition would be to use that money instead to boost the pot, in which he would claim in his performances. I'm fine either way and he seems to offer both options as well. Just a preventative measure against sandbagging.two.
mm this is what i thought would be suitable
but looks like with everyone donating generously we could get flights covered quite easily
paypal account is good idea!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Also - this all depends if M2K is actually free on Robocop dates. We'll find out soon enough I guess

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
if anything i propose we lose the pot for the rest of the cw meets till robocop, and put them towards the m2k funds

unless cao/dekar really want their money, but its a way to make the general community commit 50~ dollars each over a long period of time

otherwise ill pay-pal some cash in once its set up (8

also say m2k isnt free, what other smashers are appealing to try bring over?

aka: are there any good smashers that will add to both the melee AND brawl community worth bringing over?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
once m2k is coming we announce the tourney as "the tourney to find out who the best brawler and best meleer is ever of all time and stuff, mew2king is coming i guess he's the best of all time.."

then ****in EVERYONE comes

unreon

Smash Ace
Cao, I like the second idea alot. But weakpoint of the idea is that M2K will still win by sandbagging....remember Ken's G&W?? +__+

also LOL @Deks trash talking M2K; loving it so much.

M2K will be introduced to Australian wubs! (PS. M2K I can hook you up with Asian girls if you like :D)

Will also be interesting drilling his brain about his thoughts on the game.

OMGOSH I request a 2hr Smash Bros 101 lecture! :O

tibs7

Smash Champion
wtf...thats gay
dw we wont do that to you =). btw you are staying in Melbourne, and are teaming with a person called tibs. k? awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom