• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fundraising for M2K's Australian journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirias

Smash Champion
He's scared the same thing will happen with us?
Though I don't know how.

I'll put in $50 - 100, since all the fanboys here are so desperate.
Although then I might not have the money to go to Robocop, ololo.
We'll see. c:

tibs7

Smash Champion
I think he's a little scared we are gonna only donate like 900 and then he will have to win to get the flight payed off. And he's scared that if he doesn't win he has to pay more. Tibs knows

but m2k shouldn't worry bout teams since he has me

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
that is pretty gay, government is leaching off your skills jason, start a revolution!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I said in the other thread I'm not donating, but instead challenge M2k to a best of 15 $50 money match. Brawl, and he has to use MK.

tibs7

Smash Champion
well if i dont verse him in brackets im 20 buck MMing him =)

megapup

Smash Apprentice
guys he said host a tourney with a huge pot OR pay for his flight. just host the tourney so he comes and then when i beat him and win the money it will be his fault

MTGod

Smash Champion
I think I have to pay like 700+ in taxes for winning Orlando actually :\
That's pretty ****... I know in Aus you don't get taxed on tournament winnings (even if your career is a professional sportsperson - the only thing that gets taxed is your sponsorship money since that's "income" according to the govt :p)...

Did the MLG tell you that directly :O???

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
(This info is posted on the first post of the Robocop thread - direct all future discussion there)

THE INTERNATIONAL SPONSORSHIP FUNDRAISER
Ever since one of the world's best Smashers, Mew2King, expressed his desire to attend an Australian tournament through a sponsorship organized on our behalf, the Australian Smash Community has thrown in support to try and bring him over here. However, as much as people are excited with the prospect of having a player of his calibre to come and play, the goal cannot be achieved unless certain conditions are met -- and that a level of organizational competence is demonstrated by the selected sponsored person. These conditions have been drafted to protect you, members of Australian Smash Community.

Below, I have created a list of pre-requisites that the sponsored person will need to complete before May 31, so that the deal is legitimized:

The sponsored player will need to present before May 31:
- A proof of Passport
- Proof of a commitment to purchase travel insurance before the fly out date (this may be covered by sponsorship money)
- Written expression that Robocop do not conflict with any significant events in the sponsored person's calendar (this includes any contractual agreements with MLG, school deadlines, or significant personal events), and that they are able to attend.

Donor information

Firstly, for the donators, I need people to make a PayPal donation into an account I will be setting up within days (WATCH THIS SPACE). Donations will primarily help Mew2King to attend Robocop in Melbourne, however, I will endeavor to ensure that any significant interstate pledges will have to right ownership of his presence in their city. It it my assumption that the visitor will be able to visit both Sydney and Melbourne.

If Mew2King is able to comply with the above pre-requisites within the alloted time period, his flight purchases will be processed with the funds, or the funds will be funneled completely into the 1st place pot of every single Melee and Brawl event in Robocop, whichever the Smash Community decides as a majority. If he fails to comply within the May 31st deadline, we have three options: a) to refund all of the donation money to those who have pledged, b) create an open tender through Smashboards, globally to invite other expressions of interest from other professional players - sponsors would then vote on who to sponsor, and c) extend the deadline at our own risk. Option b) would take place during the month of June. This early deadline is necessary to avoid a surge in international flight costs.

In the event the raised funds does is not enough to sponsor a player over, even if amalgamated with the existing estimated $3500 offered at Robocop, all donations will be returned to the pledgers in full.

Pledging is encouraged to be ongoing, but the faster, the better. A sizeable contribution before July 1 is most preferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom