• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fthrow/Dthrow Chaingrab Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Blah, I can't tell if i'm buffering right or wrong since I have no one to test this with ~_~;; A video about buffering the grab would be nice.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Your only choice is to sabotage the anniversary... for Pikachus everywhere
lulz

You can start buffering the grab on frame 38 of the dthrow, so that's 11 frames to press and release the z button. Not that hard.
So wait. If you can start buffering a grab on frame 38 of the dthrow, could one buffer anything else, such as a fsmash or something during that window? Or does this time window only apply to grabing?

Sei Shin Casios

Smash Cadet
ohoh.. so snake up to 70%, ddd to 90%, mk to 60%..
spacies to over 9000%
and you can finish off with an upsmash?

thx a lot for testing!

what else would be nice to know is, if you really have to start at 0% or if it still works, starting at about 10%. (with mk for example)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
good find on MK, I'd say yay it works on falco. Boo it works on Falcon, Ganon and other cool characters. And a **** it works on Pikachu...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Why does every character I use eventually get broken ****? @_@

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Someone PLEASE make a video. @_@

I really wanna see this. :x

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I was just playing seibrik, and this works on MK and snake. However, snake can nade. But, if you are at the ledge, he cannot do anything since his grenades just fall. So, if you are playing a snake, try to get controller port 4, cuz even if he nades the first one, you still get him to at least 50% (23 + 2 D-throws and a grenade explosion). This is amazing. I was gonna make a vid, but i didn't. Stealth, if you want me to, i will. My brother can help, with at least the confirmed ones.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Awesome.

Seems confirmed. I'm usually a CG skeptic but this seems legit.
Kudos.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
this sounds really good! CG on MK? excellent find OP. vids pending, i assume?

also, why did it take so long to find? (not complaining, as this is really big, but it is strange.)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
because you have to buffer it. normally people dont hit the grab fast enough, so they sheild instead grabbing again. once you get around this it becomes apparent. also the weird mechanics on some of them not being able to work at 0.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does pummeling help with these chain grabs?
Or just with some characters?

Zylar

Smash Ace
I was just playing seibrik, and this works on MK and snake. However, snake can nade. But, if you are at the ledge, he cannot do anything since his grenades just fall. So, if you are playing a snake, try to get controller port 4, cuz even if he nades the first one, you still get him to at least 50% (23 + 2 D-throws and a grenade explosion). This is amazing. I was gonna make a vid, but i didn't. Stealth, if you want me to, i will. My brother can help, with at least the confirmed ones.
Can you please remind us (me >.>) what controller port does to grabbing priority?

BTW, can we buffer anything else during Dthrow's buffer time frame?

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
How great is Pikachu's grab range exactly ?

People may just space much more like when they play Falco.

Although this pretty much means death, so it could be scary O_______o

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Pikachu's grab range isnt great, but he has relatively easy ways of setting up grabs.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
I wouldnt get anyones hopes up or down, but there could be more CGs then what are on this list based on % and dthrow staleness. Its just difficult to test all of them, which was why some of these were missed in the first place. The same could be true with fthrow. For now though we still have work to do on the stuff we just came across now.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So pikachu could possibly have a chain grab on every character?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Video is tomorrow. BTW, pikachu's grabe range is his head basically...also, the easiest way to do this is with your C-stick to grab. With it, you will never ever shield, it doesn't have that function. So, if you don't use the C-stick, put it to grab, it helps tremendously. Video up tomorrow, i went out. Sorry. I will have it on the 4 confirmed characters. BTW, controller port 4 is the best for grab priority in this sense. If player 1 and player 2 grab, player 1 will grab. But, if a grenade goes off and player 1 and player 2 are in the hitbox, player 1 will get hit. I will show it in the vid tomorrow.

Top Bottom