• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS8: Revolucion! January 9th 2010, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think San Antonio has been to Houston at least 5 or 6 times this year (Tomball, Whobo, and a handful of HOBOs) lol. We really have up'd our traveling this year. Big thanks to JUJ for helping to organize our trips.
HUGE ****ing thanks to JUJ. Without him, we'd kinda just rot away stuck inside San Antonio.
I think in total, we've been to about 5 or 6 HOBOs, then Tomball, as well as WHOBO.

Now, if San Antonio would go to a Phase once, that'd be just awesome. *hype*

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
HUGE ****ing thanks to JUJ. Without him, we'd kinda just rot away stuck inside San Antonio.
I think in total, we've been to about 5 or 6 HOBOs, then Tomball, as well as WHOBO.

Now, if San Antonio would go to a Phase once, that'd be just awesome. *hype*
About that. JUJ, and myself are thinking about going to Phase. If not this one then the next one. If your interested in going, get back at me. :)

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
It wasn't just any Ganon, it was Kage. Plus Mango was really hungover, so I don't know how much that effected it. Btw, I'm down for traveling whenever. Especially if there's Melee involved (though I do still want to learn Brawl, or at least attempt to learn it)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I just watched a ganon beat mango.... ****
It wasn't just any Ganon, it was Kage. Plus Mango was really hungover, so I don't know how much that effected it. Btw, I'm down for traveling whenever. Especially if there's Melee involved (though I do still want to learn Brawl, or at least attempt to learn it)
Give me a link plz! I've been wanting to see that match for weeks! :colorful:

If you're renting TVs why do you need us to bring them? o_O
Isn't that why we're no longer getting a discount for bringing set-ups?
We are renting TVs, but it's always, ALWAYS safe to have more than you need. We are getting a big boost for Smash with 14 TVs thanks to DuggFinn, and we're renting more TVs to cover the rest of the games, as well as getting plenty of local support as well. But we can never have too many.

However it should become clear though if we offer the discount it will cost us a lot of money, and we can't be left hundreds of dollars in the red. At this point in time the only people excused from the door fee is people on staff working to run the event. This includes all the TO's I've asked to be a part of the event.

Dojo and UTD: I cant reply to texts on my phone :( Yes, you guys are confirmed for housing.
LOL and you never answer your phone anyways. Well at least I know not to bother texting anyways. :psycho:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hype! It's almost here. :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
So so far Im housing Dojos, UTD's, and Dphats/Oklahoma's carpools.

What's most likely gonna happen is that everyone's just gonna come to my house friday and join an epic smashfest that we always have til daylight saturday morning. However, I doubt I'll be able to have EVERYONE stay the whole night, especially since I have parents who try to sleep. Most likely by midnightishhhh I'll have to have a few carpools leave because I won't have any sleeping space for more than 5-6 carpools.

So where will they go?

JUJ hasnt posted his housing info yet so idk exactly how many he can take. But from what I can tell, he's confirmed for housing. He has a nice house as well :D

Distance between me and him

It's about a 5 minute drive from our houses. ****. But As far as how many he can hold, wait for a post by him or Greyfox.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

?? Plz tell me this hasn't been updated.
Cause Distant Planet, Pirate Ship, Ps2, and Norfair are ridiculous stages. I mean I personally like norfair but... I don't think many will agree with me lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, please update the ruleset...

One week, hype!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@_@ Omg crap. I've totally been thinkin the tourn. was on the 19th for whatever reason. AHHHH get hype it's almost here!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
?? Plz tell me this hasn't been updated.
Cause Distant Planet, Pirate Ship, Ps2, and Norfair are ridiculous stages. I mean I personally like norfair but... I don't think many will agree with me lol.
There is nothing wrong with Pirate Ship, PS2, or Norfair if you actually know the stages.

They only hinder players who don't know them. Pirate Ship's hazards are all countable, as is any legal form of camping on that stage. PS2 is freaking obvious, I don't even know why you mentioned that stage. Norfair can be tricky when only one platform is open, but you an actually PS the lava walls constantly and take no damage with the correct timing, so it's not an issue.

CPs aren't suppose to be nearly neutral: they are good CPs if they grant characters strong, but still beatable advantages. Nothing on those stages are unbeatable.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Not that I know anything about Brawl, but what's wrong with those stages? I remember seeing Norfair at tourneys when I used to play, and Pirate Ship doesn't seem bad at all... some of those other stages I don't even know, so I can't comment haha

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Yeah, things that explode/kill you in one hit in a game that's like crawling through molasses couldn't possibly be bad...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You can't being to imagine the amounts of gay that can be done on those stages. And Texas is known for playing gay...

Don't allow them. Seriously. :(

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I don't feel like fixing the stages just yet.... I'll get to it tomorrow.

But someone give me a good rule that covers stalling/planking. Mine is outdated. I don't exactly want the ledge grabbing rule. There has to be a better solution.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Put a rule limiting ledgegrabs all ALL characters. And ban planking, grinching/scrooging. You must specifically mention them or people will argue.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
General rules:

* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* Matches are best of 3 except in the case of winner's/loser's finals and grand finals.
* In the event of a dispute(1vs1 or 2vs2), controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* First round stage will be determined by stage strike system.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* If sudden death occurs, sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
* Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

Banned Techs

* Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape.
* DeDeDe's Infinite grab if the opponent is over 250%.
* Infinite wall grab if the opponent is over 250%. Does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.
* Stalling, including planking and scrooging, is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. If you are unsure a tactic is considered stalling, ask the TO before using it

Other Rules

* Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
* Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 50 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.
* MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent.
* Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.

this is the phase rule set.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
NO, go away low tier. God ****it everywhere I go low tier this and that. Even in oklahoma.

Yes, im mad lol.

We should just do RC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom