• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS8: Revolucion! January 9th 2010, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
um we are, we are just deciding on the counter/banned category
distant planet, green greens, luigis mansion and norfair fall into this category

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I don't understand why people just don't take the SBR stages...
distant planet, green greens, luigis mansion and norfair fall into this category
In general, Tx tourneys don't. And for some reason Kyle wants PS2 banned.
Didn't you say to ban PS2 along with the others? Others are voting against it. I dunno why.

Also last I checked, the SBR ruleset leaves many things open, as Niddo brings up.

Luigi's Mansion shouldn't be allow in any tournament IMHO, with or without Metaknight. It still is very easy to abuse the inside of the house for combos as well as run away.

I can put PS2 back on. I can understand why some of the others are debatable.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Lol my bad. I saw Norfair, Distant Planet, and said screw that.

Honestly PS2 isn't bad at all. Most people just haven't taken the time to learn it, and don't really intend to because we have PS1. Whether you decide to keep it or not, you probably won't see it played anyways.

The other stages should def be banned. There's a reason most people are complaining about them. I've seen ****ty stuff happen on most of these stages and have personally either done some or had them happen to me. They're for the most part unbalanced and rely more on taking advantage of the stage. They do open up new strategies and opportunities, but most people don't see it fit for competitive play and neither do I. This is all just my opinion so take it for whats it worth.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I would actually love it if this tournament followed an SBR rule set as pirate ship is a strait out counter in there.

That stage should not be tied in with distant planet and norfair, it is a stage at the level of jungle japes except that instead of buffing characters with vertical recoveries it buffs characters with no recoveries.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I just realized I need a partner too. Lol. I play Wario/ICs in Teams.

Edit: My parents wont' let me go until I give an estimate of when it'll be over. Can someone tell me? :/

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Check out our venue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D8gu0e2ZLc

@Smooooooom

We have to be cleared out by midnight. As for the tournament, just tell that it depends on the attendance. It's really impossible to give them a set time because many things can make it take more or less time.
My eyes have never seen such beauty!

You have my $12!

If we have time can we do a Duelist side tourney so I can win my venue fee back =)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
If we have time can we do a Duelist side tourney so I can win my venue fee back =)
Yes, of course. We can have it running in our bar area.

Also, in addition to food, for the over 21 crowd, beer, wine and margaritas will be served at the bar. ID required of course.

Glad everyone likes the venue! Like I promised, it'll be worth your 12 dollars.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Dang, SA has a super legit tourny when i leave

on purpose- FS8 Suspect Left! YAY!

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
if a stage is being questioned THAT much then just ban it. If someone cant win on a somewhat reasonable stage then they obviously dont deserve to win.

Also, im up for letting bear in on the DK-ness

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
GAME ON magazine wants to cover my tournament! They'll be bring video cameras and a 5 speaker PA system to my tournament, and they'll be videotaping it and interviewing players. Get hyped!

This is Castro. I can house four to five players on Friday night. A few things though: I am in the process of moving out of that apartment, so there is only the one couch and the dining room table and chairs left. I have no food at all, so whoever stays with me will be on their own for food. I do have a water filter though. I also won't be at the apartment all day, so we will have to coordinate when we get there. There is a shower available to use in the morning, just bring your own towels; i have none. I have two tvs in the living room but no wii. Also you'll have to be pretty chill, my roommate still lives there. I will let Kyle coordinate whoever is staying with me, he has my number. I guess this means I'll also be having a smashfest the night before, can i call dibs on espy?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
The venue looks ******. Now El paso has to come to this. The most interesting thing you said on that video was BAR. Now all we need is details

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Umm actually I'd hate to say that I may not be able to promise the alcoholic drinks anymore. It's a big risk, and there's too big of a chance of someone handing their drink off or something happening. If this was an 18 and up event, then maybe. With such a huge crowd of people the other organizers would rather not deal with it.

After all, we did advertise at Gamestop, so there will be noobs and little nublets there too. At this point you'll just have to wait until game day to find out. The possibility is there, but the decision is not final.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Except PS2 and Pirate Ship are both on the "Counter" list, and not the "Counter/Banned" list. It's people crying about stages they don't like.

Seriously: PS2 is more fair then FD, and yet it's being banned? lolwhat? The more I look at it, the more I struggle to even see why FD is in the neutral list. So many characters gain huge advantages, and anyone without a projectile/reflector is instantly disadvantaged.

And every legal strategy I can think of on Pirate Ship is beatable. G&W watercamping? I know how to beat it. Wario air camping? Same way I would tackle it on any stage. MK planking? See before. Ike watercamping? lol easy to beat. I'm surprised people haven't figure out how yet, it's fairly easy to do. Nothing there is bad enough for the stage to be banned, quit crying because a large number of characters get an advantage there. (Ike, Ganondorf, DK, Lucas, Ness, Zelda, G&W, Falcon, heck I think it would be easier to list characters who are disadvantaged here, and not advantaged/neutral. That list would be D3, Jigglypuff, Mario, Diddy Kong and maybe Wario depending on how you looked at it)./late

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Doubt I'm coming to this. Busy with life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom