• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS8: Revolucion! January 9th 2010, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
The only people really interested in low tier usually play a lot of or main low tier characters >.>

My top priority is singles and teams. We'll be taking signups for both of those at the same time. I'm pushing for RCRS, because it's unique to San Antonio and when it comes to side events low tier is overdone. (Duelist is also another possibility.)

This being a one day event, I don't want to plan for something that may not happen. Especially with all the other events that have to be managed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Don't announce any side events until the main ones are done.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
FINAL SMASH 8 MONEY MATCH EVENT:

MANLIEST MM EVENT THIS DECADE!!!

takeurlife (DK) vs. donkey bong (DK)

$5 and the title of "BEST DK IN TEXAS" is on the line.

watch that ****.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yeah, things that explode/kill you in one hit in a game that's like crawling through molasses couldn't possibly be bad...
Nothing on any of those stages are OHKO except for the ship hull. And you have to be severely outplayed to get hit by that. As in: forced into the water. Unable to get back onto the ship before the other guy jumps off. Unable to jump back onto the ship while the guy is recovering from the landing in the water lag. Unable to stop the guy from hitting you towards the ship's hull several times. Unable to DI high enough from the earlier hits to propel yourself upwards so you can get back onto the ship. All while never having the wind or rock occur. The only move I can think of that can skip most of that is Ike's dtilt. The angle of the spike knocks you into the hull. Of course, on any other stage the spike would have killed you anyways, and you had to of been playing badly to get hit by that slow spike without grabbing the ledge.

Do I have to go dig up my research on Pirate Ship yet again, as well as try to dig up other things about that stage? The bombs have two hitboxes: the larger one has a set knockback. It will never kill you unless you DI towards the boundries. The stronger hitbox is tiny in comparison and only lasts a frame or two: you'll only get hit by it if you aren't paying attention, or your opponent is able to force you into it, which means you were outplayed.

The catapult has very low knockback grow: you basically have to have bad DI to get killed by it, and you can actually DI your self into the ship and tech it safely. Rudder Stalling is banned so that isn't an issue either. Water stalling is beatable provided your aren't clueless about the stage.

We've had these stages legal at every single FS, and every single tournament in San Antonio. Never had a problem. Every time I've used these stages, I won against people I had a chance of winning against on normal stages, and lost against people I always lost against. I beat Nike at Pirate Ship, at the time he had a problem against Ike. I had already beaten him at FD that set. I took Espy to Norfair as it's suppose to be Sonic's worse stage: still lost. I took a Snake player to Pirate Ship, the first time I had ever gone up against a Snake. I lost. I've played friendlies on both of those stages, and neither of those stages caused me to suddenly beat people I was always loosing against.

Grow some balls people, the stages are fine. Stop crying like the North East Coast people do who have like, 9 legal stages total. CPs are suppose to be just that: COUNTER Picks. Not Nearly-Neutral Picks.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Ike main wants Pirate Ship legal? Well, this is a first.

Kyle, please don't let all the stupid stages be legal.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
@Dphat: I've updated the front page with the PHASE basic ruleset you posted. It's very organized.

However stages are still open for discussion.

Here are the stages that are being considered for a ban:

Poke stadium 2
Norfair
Pirate Ship
Distant Planet

Those are the ONLY stages I'm considering banning. Start voting everyone.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You have to be pretty stupid to think the first three are ban worthy. Particularly PS2. I mean, just who does that stage favor? Seriously. The changes are so different that every character has at least one "meh" area.

However, there are a few things at Distant Planet that make it borderline. One spot in particular...ban.

However, I already know all four will be banned because everyone will be crying about the stages being "gay" without bothering to actually study them. Much like the NE players.

EDIT: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7164168&highlight=ship#post7164168 Info there. The post under it has the knockback info.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Well, it's not so much me thats complaining... as I'm betting most of my opponents are going to hate the fact they have to play on either Norfair or Green Greens.

Sucks to be a non-G&W user ;)

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Ok, let me put it this way:

If Norfair is legal, I'm gonna poke my opponent for 2% damage and then run away the entire match.

Same for for all the other gay stages.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ok, let me put it this way:

If No-fair is legal, I'm gonna poke my opponent for 2% damage and then run away the entire match.

Same for for all the other gay stages.
Fix'd

I honestly dunno why Distant Planet is on CP.

I vote the same way Dojo did.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Prediction if gay stages are allowed:

Nidtendofreak, whoever he is, will never show up to another Final Smash again.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Prediction if gay stages are allowed:

Nidtendofreak, whoever he is, will never show up to another Final Smash again.
Dude: I got reverse water-camped last FS. A Toon Link was on the ship, I was in the water. I got bomb spammed to little itty bitty pieces and struggled to make it back. The FS before that, I had 3 D3s, Jerm, and Hylian in my pool. No amount of "gayness", either in stage selection (even though there has been none yet), or brackets/pools is going to keep me out.

I'm trying my hardest to make it to this one, though some family issues have come up. I much prefer tournaments with good CPs like Pirate Ship and Norfair over boring ones that only have the neutrals and 4 other stages. Bring on the planking: I'm surprised I haven't been planked more yet.

Again: grow some balls Van Jones, whoever you are, and let actual CP stages be used. Heck, I bet if they are legal and you lose on one of the "gay" stages you'll john about it the entire time.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Van Jones is Bear...

Also, the people who are campaigning to get the stages banned KNOW how to play gay on those stages and are trying to do people a favor. Seriously. <_<

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Yes, lets add a bunch of stages that are high skewed in favor of certain characters. No one wants to play on even ground. :p

An Ike main who is lobbying hardcore for stages like Pirate Ship and telling me to grow balls makes me lol.

I love my new username. MM please. :)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yes, lets add a bunch of stages that are high skewed in favor of certain characters. No one wants to play on even ground. :p

An Ike main who is lobbying hardcore for stages like Pirate Ship and telling me to grow balls makes me lol.

Seeing as I've only won one tournament match at Pirate Ship, I don't see what the deal is. The better play still wins: I'm the worse Ike in Texas. It's not going to magically make me able to beat people better then me. You'd have to be stupid to think that.

I don't have a job, so the MM would have to be like, 50 cents. I'll lose, but I'll play. I could use the MK experience, seeing as I've never played against one yet. Nobody in SA really uses MK.

As for the highly skewed stages: if that's the criteria, FD needs to go. Diddy, ICs, D3, Falco: FD favors them all heavily. Particularly the first two.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Believe me, there are few people that know how to abuse every stage in this game as well as UTD Zac. I know a lot of dirty tricks on most of those stages as well, and we both vote to ban all of them. The amount of abuse that can happen on them is larger than should be allowed.

P.S. PhantomX and Hylian looking for housing for Saturday night, please :)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258820

FD is one of the most skewed stages of all, people just seem to dislike the same effects when it helps out low tiers.

I vote for the stages to be unbanned but it seems everyone has made up there minds already.

Also I'd like to mm you bear since we never get around to it, hope el paso can make this!

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Distant Planet, Pokemon Stadium 2 and Pirate Ship are now banned.

Still on fence about Norfair. Start making your cases for or against it now.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Norfair

I've effectively outcamped Ninjalink game 3 at CoT4. Like 20 ledgegrabs and I didn't glide under at all. Just ran.

I did the same to Flip at Hobo 16 with KIRBY. Won both sets. :]

Magik0722

Smash Champion
No dont ban PS2, None of the transmations are broken, and there is no paths that people can take to run, they cant even glide under the stage. Most people just want that stage banned because they dont like it, even in the offical SBR ruleset its on counterpick not counterpick/banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom