• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS8: Revolucion! January 9th 2010, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
to be honest, I still find the venue fee to be bit steep. With the tournaments also being 10-20 dollars each, it seems like something could be lowered

but alas, I've never been a fan of venue fees. Even when I ran tournaments and had to charge one, I got it down to like, 2 bucks a person.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I hate you guys but love you at the same time. Now if you guys came to El Paso it would be easy for me to provide them cause i would have my car, etc. Gness is like razer's age anyways he can't drink :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok it seems about 10 are coming from Houston. i will bring my massive trash bag full of cords and a wii/ssbb

PLEASE BE CATIOUS OF THE WEATHER

Nike.

Smash Hero
So much for Nike wanting to put set ups on his patio D:

Xryo, Houston is confirmed for housing at my place. And I'm housing San Angelo, 2 Dallas Carpools, And Oklahoma carpool since they asked a long time ago. That's all I can house in all honesty. RGV or anyone else, you guys can come over to my house friday to join in on the epic smashfest that always happens, but when it gets late (like around midnight) I'll have to ask you guys to leave and stay at either Castro's of JUJ's.

OH! When are carpools gonna show up? Early or late friday, or saturday? (To everyone)

My address is:
5551 Lost Lane
San Antonio, TX

If anybody needs to contact me, my phone isnt working but my AIM is Ax2ronsilver and you can find me there most likely.

EDIT: I'll MM anybody on friday for melee :3 And I think Beah will be live streaming from my living room.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Party @ Nike's!!! I'm bringing inflatable bed. Let the duelist begin!

I'll be arriving late friday with Monica's carpool.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
We've tried Duelist multiple times and it doesn't get very many entrants.
Duelist sucks. I still have no idea why anyone talks about it anymore.

No dont ban PS2, None of the transmations are broken, and there is no paths that people can take to run, they cant even glide under the stage. Most people just want that stage banned because they dont like it, even in the offical SBR ruleset its on counterpick not counterpick/banned
This.

Why anyone wants PS2 banned at all is beyond me.

Lol my bad. I saw Norfair, Distant Planet, and said screw that.

Honestly PS2 isn't bad at all. Most people just haven't taken the time to learn it, and don't really intend to because we have PS1. Whether you decide to keep it or not, you probably won't see it played anyways.
This.

Anyways, yes, ban Norfair, Distant Planet, and most likely Pirate Ship. Water camping is lame.

Just keep PS2. Nothing wrong with that stage.

I need a partner, espy maybe????????
Sure.

Venue looks legit.

EDIT:

Duelist is weak.
Truth on both accounts.
The stingy-ness still regrets the $12 fee, but the eye-candy looks worth it.
Kyle, my respect for you has just skyrocketed.

Doubt I'm coming to this. Busy with life.
I wanna cry.

=====

I'll prolly show to Nike's place, but I'm out when it gets too late. I need sleeps.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Guys, Infinity and SRS c@t still need housing for Saturday night! Can anyone step up? Nike's is full from what they are telling me.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Kyle, I'm housing 2 carpools from Dallas. I thought they were one of them? I remember:

Zacs Carpool
Infinity's carpool
Dphat riding with oklahoma

And accepted redshadow. $5, best of 3?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
BTW PS2 is no longer banned. I changed it back a while ago, but forgot to mention it.

Norfair is still on however.

Maybe there is 3 carpools? I'm confused. I asked JUJ, and he said maybe, since he was only housing Austin atm.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Who's skipping this to go to Pound 4? I'll be going and I'll take Mouf and Dawn. Can you house all 3 of us S.O.S?
You should really PM him or message him on myspace. He doesn't check the boards too often. As it stands though he should be housing you guys.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ban Norfair Kyle. The players who get camped by UTD, DMG, and other players for 8 minutes, thus holding up the tournament even further, will thank you.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Ban Norfair Kyle. The players who get camped by UTD, DMG, and other players for 8 minutes, thus holding up the tournament even further, will thank you.
Norfair banned. No one was trying to defend it anyways, and you make the best point to convince me to get rid of it.

Everything should be now fine with the rule set.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
El Paso is confirmed for this!
Nike: can we go to your smashfest? (dont worry we got housing) We will get to SA around 2-6 pm though

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'll be missing the smashfest :( I'd totally go if I didn't have to take my sister to the airport on Saturday morning. I still hope people show to the venue around opening time so they can play with me T_T

Xyro77

So much for Nike wanting to put set ups on his patio D:

Xryo, Houston is confirmed for housing at my place. And I'm housing San Angelo, 2 Dallas Carpools, And Oklahoma carpool since they asked a long time ago. That's all I can house in all honesty. RGV or anyone else, you guys can come over to my house friday to join in on the epic smashfest that always happens, but when it gets late (like around midnight) I'll have to ask you guys to leave and stay at either Castro's of JUJ's.

OH! When are carpools gonna show up? Early or late friday, or saturday? (To everyone)

My address is:
5551 Lost Lane
San Antonio, TX

If anybody needs to contact me, my phone isnt working but my AIM is Ax2ronsilver and you can find me there most likely.

EDIT: I'll MM anybody on friday for melee :3 And I think Beah will be live streaming from my living room.

nike, thank you for the housing but we will arrive on saturday and leave on saturday. guve our housing to the need ones. again, thank you so much

btw, if you are making it to the event, im using the HOBO twitter as a fs8 twitter.

http://twitter.com/HOBO_Series

Become a follower and be updated. since i wont be playing in the tourney, ill be able to update this ALL THE TIME.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm pretty sure Jerm's carpool won't be staying the night either, barring some unusual circumstance.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Sorry to disapoint everyone but I won't be able to make it I have to wrk I've requested to many days off recently soooo I'm gonna try and get it switched but idk anyway gl to everyone though.

Xyro77

no. you just have to pay the venue fee. i wont be playing in anything either(broke).

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I feel slightly offended that my name is used with DMG's to express how gay camping is. I have NEVER had a match go to time (Friendlies or Tournament). Yet somehow DMG managed to get a G&W ditto with Hylian to go to time... so gay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom