• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS8: Revolucion! January 9th 2010, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
So like, how many carpools are going to my house? I counted the last time everyone was here and floor space = about 27 people and I KNOW there's gonna be way more than that xD

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Kyle, listen to the people.

My wii + stream is teh best. :)
Yes ok I hear ya =P

btw only now did I realize you had changed your account name. I didn't know who this Van Jones person was >.> and I added you on facebook too! Yes, I know, fail.

Also Beah is there anyway you can setup a second livestream? I really don't know any of the workings behind a livestream, but I need one for Street Fighter IV. Or what kind of equipment do I need?

Smoom77

Smash Master
How many people are you expecting?
If you absolutely need it, I can setup a livestrem (assuming I come) with my laptop. Beah taught me so I do know what I'm doing.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Sure. As long as you have another laptop + recording device, I can help you set up another livestream.

Gner: The vids were corrupted. I tried to fix them a couple mins ago, but it was a no go. I can't do anything about it. :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Sure. As long as you have another laptop + recording device, I can help you set up another livestream.

Gner: The vids were corrupted. I tried to fix them a couple mins ago, but it was a no go. I can't do anything about it. :)
Beah's wii on live stream, but my recording device connected to it =)

I'll get the videos up in 1-3 days.
Ok, so does that make two live stream devices between the both of you? If so, that solves everything.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
ozz/kurozero

are you guys going to this? there is a pretty good chance i am and would like to see other falcos.

Gnes

Smash Master

I'm literally speechless. :(

Zozefup

Smash Lord
JesusFreak?!?!?! Hey man! I came to Texas to play smash in like 2005. You weren't there, but I played some of your friends. Do you remember that? Or do you remember who I played?

I played against a really good Jiggs, a Marth, and maybe a Falco? Maybe not falco, I don't remember who he played.

I think the jiggs knew Samus pretty well because his brother mained samus or something?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Haha that was probably fastliketree. He used jiggs at one point. Your name does sound familiar to me. What's up?

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Not to much. I finally gave up melee for brawl :). Do you still main DK? lol

does fastliketree still play? I think I was in Austin? Maybe? And I stayed with an Asian that had a really big house lol.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

We no longer are able to offer a discount on the door fee for players that bring in a console or a TV. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, I don't want that to discourage you from coming to FS8. We've put mountains of effort into this event, and we really want it to be a success. I promise you it will be a tournament experience like none other. With that said.

Please bring consoles and TVs! The more equipment we have the faster and smoother we can run the tournament. And you'll have more time to play friendlies. Please support the scene!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

We no longer are able to offer a discount on the door fee for players that bring in a console or a TV. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, I don't want that to discourage you from coming to FS8. We've put mountains of effort into this event, and we really want it to be a success. I promise you it will be a tournament experience like none other. With that said.

Please bring consoles and TVs! The more equipment we have the faster and smoother we can run the tournament. And you'll have more time to play friendlies. Please support the scene!
my chances of going just drop by a **** load.

Xyro77

bear, its 7 dollars to get in for hobo. not ****ing 12. there is no low tier and meta isnt restricted....yea i am gonna reconsider this event. now if KM needs help running it then i may still go, ill have something to do.

Xyro77

u get a free drink. free drink that you would normally have to buy=discount.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Just go xyro. San antonio has traveled to us more than we travel to them. An extra 7 dollars wont hurt that much. Hell, i'll give you a 5 if your that much in a money slump.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I've spoken with Xyro, and don't worry, he's still coming. Most people seem to have the wrong idea about our sponsorship, so let me clear it up for everyone like I did for Xyro.

While we may say we have sponsorship, we're only getting equipment and advertising out of them (Gamestop and Monster). Trust me, if Gamestop was paying for most of the venue, we wouldn't have the door fee at what it is. We also have other costs to cover, such as TV rentals and promotional costs (high quality flyers and the gas money needed to distribute them).

Again, I promise we are working around the clock to make sure this is going to be worth every cent. However please understand it would be foolish of me to make promises that would hurt me

u get a free drink. free drink that you would normally have to buy=discount.
Ah, this reminds me:

Also on another note, we'll let people bring in their own food. However we'll be providing concessions at a reasonable price so you won't have to leave the venue.

Just go xyro. San antonio has traveled to us more than we travel to them. An extra 7 dollars wont hurt that much. Hell, i'll give you a 5 if your that much in a money slump.
I think San Antonio has been to Houston at least 5 or 6 times this year (Tomball, Whobo, and a handful of HOBOs) lol. We really have up'd our traveling this year. Big thanks to JUJ for helping to organize our trips.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
But note I said MAYBE in the summer.

They just hate the whole idea of it, they are biased against video games lol. VG Nazis

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
But note I said MAYBE in the summer.

They just hate the whole idea of it, they are biased against video games lol. VG Nazis
I hear ya. My parents still call my tournaments "contests" and have refused to see that this is the cultivation of a life long passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom