• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS8: Revolucion! January 9th 2010, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
where are the smashfests the night before going to be?!? i really want to friendly everyone.
Dphat is going to quit work just to team with me

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I feel the same way about Melee doubles, but there aren't enough people who still play Melee to make it worth it. Part of me really wants to learn Brawl, and then I play it, and I start to hate it with a passion... it seems like it could be fun in theory, but idk. Melee is too good.
I'd gladly do Melee doubles at $20 per team. Doubles isn't a side event. When was Melee doubles ever a side event? I've never entered it for less than $10 per person.

Brawl teams officially moved to 20 dollars.
Awesome. It's nice to see that doubles isn't considered a side event anymore and instead a legit event

I'm glad DuggFinn has been able to give us a big boost with 14 TVs, which I promise that most will be put towards Brawl (which need the CRTs the most).
*DugFinn

You'd think by now the TX scene would spell it right...

Anyways, I hope you talk to my lovely princess about those TVs. She talked to me last night about going to some New Year party with old college friends instead of this tournament and seemed pretty set on that (and I agree with her, lulz). She did say she'd be getting you the TVs anyways, at least some of 'em, so you should be fine.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Brawl teams officially moved to 20 dollars.

As for people asking about low tier events, we're in the process of determining our total equipment. I'm glad DuggFinn has been able to give us a big boost with 14 TVs, which I promise that most will be put towards Brawl (which need the CRTs the most).

Can people start posting what they can bring? (the non San Antonio people, I already know what to expect from them.)

At this point I've decided that you get 6 dollars off the door fee for either a wii/brawl or a TV, and completely waived if you bring both. BUT DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.

I'll probably have to make it to where only a full setup (tv+wii+brawl) warrants a waiving the venue fee.

Anyways, I promise if we can hit the appropriate amount of setups, we can add more events. I always like to play it safe because I unfortunately usually have had trouble with time issues. It's usually due to having less setups than a HOBO.

Remember, this is San Antonio, so I vote for RCRS because I thought were more fun to watch than regular Brawl singles :)
The breakdown. :)

Red: Good.
Blue: Excellent if you can pull it off. :)
Yellow: You do realize that Prime is aiming to destroy everyone if you do that. That's like letting Sonic into LT for a SA only tourney. >_>

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
We still consider it a side event Inui. If people ask, we bump up the price. But it's still a side event, and will be bumped aside for singles if needed. Not that it has happened before, but it could, and would if required.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
We still consider it a side event Inui. If people ask, we bump up the price. But it's still a side event, and will be bumped aside for singles if needed. Not that it has happened before, but it could, and would if required.
Well, you're the only people that do, and it's extremely disrespectful towards the event and doubles players. When I started in Melee, doubles was already important and it was always the same price as singles. MLG even had doubles as the main event before and it was awesome. I don't see why Texas's Brawl scene takes a dump on doubles so much. It's the only area that does. I figured with so many good doubles players, doubles would matter...

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I happen to prefer doubles. I tend to place highly consistently in doubles, even when I place not so highly in singles. Some people are just better at teams than singles. I also like the dynamic of teams a lot because many of the good singles players don't appreciate it or understand it enough.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Well, you're the only people that do, and it's extremely disrespectful towards the event and doubles players. When I started in Melee, doubles was already important and it was always the same price as singles. MLG even had doubles as the main event before and it was awesome. I don't see why Texas's Brawl scene takes a dump on doubles so much. It's the only area that does. I figured with so many good doubles players, doubles would matter...
Because more people travel for singles then doubles? If you had to name one event as the main event, it would be singles. Thus, everything else is a side event, the only question would be to what degree. Obviously, normal doubles would be the last thing bumped away. People like doubles, we keep it when we can...which has been every time.

As long as half of the TVs don't suddenly explode, we're good. :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Doubles is slightly less important than singles, but it's still a main event. ~_~

Also, your sig's San quote lies. Lee Martin once mained Ike, and he's cute. Doom once mained Ike, and he's so hot I'd do him in a heartbeat LOL!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Main implies one normally. Doubles is the biggest side event by far, no doubting that (Low tiers probably being second biggest, and that's miles behind doubles), but it's still a side event.

About Ike mains: To your mind maybe it's wrong.

In reality it's correct. They are both EX Ike mains. :D Unless you mean Mr.Doom, who still mains Ike. There is both Doom and Mr.Doom out there.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
GreyFox, random character and random character random stage are VERY different. The former KPrime *****, the latter... he certainly didn't the one time we've done it, lol.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'm enjoying all the attention this thread is getting :)

Btw, I'm thinking of going premium again and naming my account KMsomething because KM by itself is too short.

Or Kyle. Because, seriously, that's just what 99% of the players call me. Only other TO's call me KM or Mosquito.

So: Kyle or KM? What should I pick?

btw KM is ironically also my initials: Kyle McClusky.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
RSRC would be amazing though.

Secondaries? What's a secondary, Phantom?

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
i thought that the reason you went by King Mosquito was because they matched your initials.

Suspect

Smash Hero
GreyFox, random character and random character random stage are VERY different. The former KPrime *****, the latter... he certainly didn't the one time we've done it, lol.
i dont even recall him entering that event or even bring there...

i prolly would of won that event btw if i had known how to use pikachu like i do now :mad:

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
I'm enjoying all the attention this thread is getting :)

Btw, I'm thinking of going premium again and naming my account KMsomething because KM by itself is too short.

Or Kyle. Because, seriously, that's just what 99% of the players call me. Only other TO's call me KM or Mosquito.

So: Kyle or KM? What should I pick?

btw KM is ironically also my initials: Kyle McClusky.
make it MC Kyle

AustinRC

Smash Lord
If you try to fail and succeed. Which have you done? I'll be going if I can get off work. SOS are we still teaming? Three is a charm. Two is not the same. I don't see the harm. So are you game?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
If you try to fail and succeed. Which have you done? I'll be going if I can get off work. SOS are we still teaming? Three is a charm. Two is not the same. I don't see the harm. So are you game?
You sound like the Cheshire Cat. XD

heytallman

CTALL
Well, Infinity just sent me a message asking me if I was going to this. In essence, he inspired me to try to go to this. So I will try to go to this.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
im down. i just feel bad for jf because he wanted to team with me. but he can wait till next tourney i guess :p

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ALL WHO PLAY ON 360!

(I know most smash players won't care about this but if you were interested in the other games....)

I will make sure there will be at least a few 360 stations for casuals at Revolucion. But if your opponent allows it, you can opt to play your tournament match on there as well. But PS3 has priority.

Regardless, I recommend that you plan on using a PS3 stick or pad for most of your matches. If you can, find a friend to borrow from at or before the tournament. Or dual mod your stick.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
venue fee is waaaay to much
Says someone who's throwing a major tournament at Anime Matsuri? Not everyone is interested in Anime conventions >.>

(although plenty are, myself included ;))

It needs to be that high so we can at least cover the cost of the venue, among other expenses.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
venue fee is waaaay to much
Says someone who's throwing a major tournament at Anime Matsuri? Not everyone is interested in Anime conventions >.>
DANG~.

Clusky has a point, but as much as I COULD complain about a thirty-****ing-five dollar preregistration fee, I won't, because I'm going to go either way (I don't wanna hear ANYTHING about "it's just $35.00". I technically shouldn't even be spending that kind of money right now).

I have to meet my Sonic babies anyways.

At least it can be waived, unlike at Fun Plex.
FINISH HIM!!

=====

Clusky, WAS it gonna be waived slightly if I were to bring a Wii+Brawl? It IS a bit high, and I'd pay for it either way, but I was just curious, is all.

Heck, I'll try taking a TV too if it gets bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom