• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[FR] Bushido Brawl Impact (23,24,25 July)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Placed terribly, took a game against Ally on Smashville. I'm happy. Great job Ally, Gluttony, Kaos, Leon (Ramin :( ).

I'll do shoutouts etc. later.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Glut too good, unlucky for Ally tho, im pretty sure every1 thought he'd win after winning WF and a MM against Glut 3-0.

Epic tourney and was fun meeting every1. French keyboards suck also.

Staco

Smash Champion
Placed terribly, took a game against Ally on Smashville. I'm happy. Great job Ally, Gluttony, Kaos, Leon (Ramin :( ).

I'll do shoutouts etc. later.
Your set against Ally really was something.
You played so well. :)

Whos this Neath guy that took out T, Anaky, Joanett and you? Oo

TreK

Is "that guy"
Neath ?
The leader of the best French crew, aka mine.
The second best French Metaknight.
A guy that placed top5 in every tourney he went to until BBI.
That 14 years old looking blondie boy.

He doesn't go to many tourneys, that's the only reason he's not known outside of France. He's going to GBG 3 next week, you'll see his bracket results were everything but luck :D

Staco

Smash Champion
Neath ?
The leader of the best French crew, aka mine.
The second best French Metaknight.
A guy that placed top5 in every tourney he went to until BBI.
That 14 years old looking blondie boy.

He doesn't go to many tourneys, that's the only reason he's not known outside of France. He's going to GBG 3 next week, you'll see his bracket results were everything but luck :D
Nah, I didnt think he was lucky or sth.
I just didnt know him and didnt get to know him at BBI.
I didnt know much about the french scene except Gluto, Kaos, Leon, Zulu and Manko before the tourney.

Btw, arent Kaos and BJay the two best french MKs?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
looool no, I placed terribly for reasons id rarther not explain :(
My placing was amazing.
Not even out of pools.....................

I got horribly nervous and choked really badly against people I shouldn't have lost to, but more importantly, I suck at this game and should really start practicing seriously if I don't want this to happen to me again next time.

The grand finals and Glutonny winning really made me forget about my own catastrophic performance and I had lots of fun all in all.

Shoutouts later.

cenel

Smash Apprentice
France was awesome even though i placed horrible *inserts no sleep for 3 days john*. Anyway the bracket was pretty insane. There were so many good players it could have went any way. French scene is really strong atm. Glut 2 gooooooood!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Was really cool that Ally flew all the way to Europe. Mad props to him and he is a really cool guy 2 bad he was sleeping at the venue all the time and he looked really grumpy XD, but can't blame him jetlag is really gay i guess. Now it's our turn to go to the usa. It's a shame Kaspr had to face Mr-R early in losers and Ally in winners otherwise he would have placed alot higher. His falco is really 2 good hope matches got recorded. 2 bad Leon lost vs Kaos. I wanted to c Ally vs Leon. So much HYPE. Was nice seeing everyone again I'll give some shoutouts later.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Nah, I didnt think he was lucky or sth.
I just didnt know him and didnt get to know him at BBI.
I didnt know much about the french scene except Gluto, Kaos, Leon, Zulu and Manko before the tourney.

Btw, arent Kaos and BJay the two best french MKs?
It's okay, most foreign people tend to get confused and think French scene = Paris scene when it really isn't the case (Neath Jujux Ciaw Inter Yass Kitsune etc all aren't from Paris and ****, you just don't know about it till you get to play them :V)
Neath even had to ask T 'are you hyped enough to take izaw and haze off that freeplay wii so we can play ?' :/

I couldn't tell by this tourney who's better between Bjay and Neath and I don't really care cus I love both MKs. I usually say they are both 2nd. Kaos is obv. 1st.

edit : Oh, btw, here are my shoutouts to the non-Frenchy-talking-dudes, C/P'd from the BI website :V
I'm ¤TreK, btw, I'm just not rich enough to change my username.
Gheb : GET *****, UNFAITHFUL TRAITOR ! *excessively angry yamasoura smiley* We should have bet about the winner haha
Chiiiiiiiii : really, really clean MK, I enjoyed playing you a lot. I wanted to ask you ; which Diddy did you train against ? You play the matchup better than most MKs I know and that's embarrassing cus they all second Diddy x)
Mr-R : I had a blast playing you. Come again soon please :D
Joan, Istud, LP, Cong : you guys are TOO GOOD ! You really motivate me to get better with Diddy Kong, and I swear to you I'll be up there with y'all soon D:
Players from everywhere : you all suck for not being on the group photos I took on Sunday... We definitely weren't 140 on it, not even the 60 I personally asked to. Well I say that for you, cus you'll regret all your life not being part of it. Huhuhu.

Laem

Smash Champion
I (T) 'd say neath is ****ing legit (in the d3 MU at least :p) and probably even with bjay for 2nd best mk in france.
and props to staco for placing way higher than he should have (lol salty me)

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
The grand finals and Glutonny winning really made me forget about my own catastrophic performance and I had lots of fun all in all.
This.

It's a shame Kaspr had to face Mr-R early in losers and Ally in winners otherwise he would have placed alot higher. His falco is really 2 good hope matches got recorded.
And THIS. I was mad impressed after our set in brackets, he really know his character.

Btw Staco, you know if your set vs Ramin will be uploaded? One of the sets I want to see again the most tbh.

Teneban (Trek right?): I used play leffen a lot. To the point where Diddy is second nature to me without even playing him. It's definitely one of my favorite, if not THE favorite matchup. :)
Our games in pools was way fun though, you did a great job keeping me from taking your bananas. Shame you didn't make it out of pools though, it was mad stacked.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
some shoutouts:

Ally: It was too awesome that you came to this event! You're a pretty cool guy. I messed up CG's all the time during our MM - **** was I nervous :D. Next time we'll meet, I'll be better.
Glutonny: GOOD ****! When you beat Ally in GF's it felt like I had won too lol. Insane Wario. Someone said that you wanted to do a MM against me, but unfortunatly we were thrown out of the venue. But next time definitely.
Kaos: We just played some friendlies. You got a pretty good MK :D Congrats on winning teams with Ally.
Leon: I didn't play against you. DAMMIT! Your set against Kaos was kinda lulzy :D
Charby: We met in Brackets. You looked so annoyed :O.
Achoral: Thank you so **** much for everything. You're such a nice guy. Thanks.
Ramin: We didn't do our MM! Ohnoes! But we'll definitely meet again so.. next time :p.
iStudy: It was very nice to meet you again. I think you'll place better next time.
Gregs: Why did I suck so much with those CG's against your TL? I absolutely don't know. It was perfectly fine against that TL in my pool :/. This won't happen again. It was pretty cool to meet you again.
Kaak: He plays a 2D-Character. He's awesome. Nothing else to say.
T: We didn't play this time but it was very nice to see you again. I actually expected you'd place higher in teams with kaak.
Jumpman: Always a very nice guy. Was nice to see you again =).
Cenel: Our set was pretty close actually. I shouldn't have messed up this Chaingrab :/. You're a prettty cool guy.
Staco: We finally met. Your MK is awesome and your set against Ramin was pretty close. You're able to beat him. Keep it up.
Biggad: We played lots of friendlies I think. I'm glad that we finally met you're a pretty cool guy. You were a bit unlucky during the brackets :/.
Semifer: Awesome Wolf! Btw you're very nice too ^^.
Bloody: The first Match against iStud was too close :O. If you keep getting better with your Wario you're going to get very good.
Yika: Lol lowtier :D. You're awesome. It was very fun to meet you.
Crysis: You beat Marcbri! :O Awesome. You're pretty good.
Luigi_Player: Too bad you lost against Leon :/. Beat him next time. And thank you very much for everything after the tourney :D.
Kasper: The most epic match at this tourney. Definitely :D. You're such an awesome guy. Seriously. You're epic ^^.
Anaky: You were SO unlucky during our set. Tripping into my grab in the first match and getting ***** by fregate's platform during the third match. It was very nice to meet you. You got an amazing marth.
Calzorz: I wanted to play you but I forgot :/. Maybe next time.
Miquel: You got an awesome Pikachu :O. I saw your set against Cenel and it was pretty close. Nice.
Greward: Holy **** that Olimar. Seriously. Colour me impressed.
All the others: Thank you for making this event as epic as it was.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Teneban (Trek right?): I used play leffen a lot. To the point where Diddy is second nature to me without even playing him. It's definitely one of my favorite, if not THE favorite matchup. :)
Our games in pools was way fun though, you did a great job keeping me from taking your bananas. Shame you didn't make it out of pools though, it was mad stacked.
Oh, everyone keeps telling me about Leffen. Def. need to meet him/see him play.

Actually, it's the first time I don't make it to the brackets, and it motivated me more than anything ; I don't want to let that happen ever again.

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Well, well, well…

Once again, organizing a Brawl tournament at Bushido Impact was intense, especially for such a big attendance. The Bushido Impact staff includes a lot of nice and cheerful people, the only big difficulty to host a tournament during theirs is that their point of view of organization is not the same as mine at all…
Anyways, I'm thankful to them for giving us the opportunity to make such a great event.

It's the second time in my life I lose at pools. Having not played brawl in a while (and having to host a tourney at Bushido) deals some huge damage on the way I play, but this tourney made me want to come back on SSBB. I was actually considering quitting SSBB after this tourney, but the community is still holding me there, and the fact that the community of the other games I try suck make me want to go back on Brawl.

I hope the pools and brackets were not so bad, I felt like I was going to explode when I was doing them, especially with the Bushido staff having some pressure on me and trying to convincing me to make one top-seed for each pool and to put everything else into random, and to not care about doing some location seeding as well. Some of them were really angry at me kept on telling me I was consuming time and that I was trying to sabotage the final ranking.
An other barrier I had was the fact that the guys taking the inscriptions either were forgetting some people on the list (explaining why some people like Cp2 or Bjay were missing), or just writing what they heard when they asked for a "name" during the registrations. It explains why S1-14 was called "Bank" in the Low tiers pools (in Singles too but I fixed it before it started), they probably didn't understand "Bart". Because of all the nicknames that were miswrote and that I sometimes couldn't even read, the seeding was messed up, and some players were forgotten. I'm really sorry for that, and I can't hide (and some people probably noticed) that I was turning mad.

I was so glad to meet this community I enjoy so much too, especially to meet player I had never seen, like the Norwegians, Austrians, Germans and Ally. You all are awesome.

Trivia:
-There was no livestreaming
-A French player found his bag left open in the venue. Checking its content, all his stuff didn't get stolen…except a bag of carambars.
-In Germany, Yoshies don't wear the same shoes as in Switzerland (Yikarur vs Zudenka's plushes)
-There was no livestreaming
-I've been told several times that Luigi_player was amazing. Sounds like everyone was underestimating him.
-Staco didn't like Oasis D:
-Driving with Austrian and German people in my car makes wild animals appear on the way (one deer, one hare and two wild boars)
-Greward moneymatches CPUs
-There was no livesreaming
-UK players showed they were legit, not like in TSL

Players/countries :
Germany: 6
Austria: 2
Canada: 1
Spain: 13
Luxembourg: 2 (omg)
Norway: 2
Holland: 15
Portugal: 1
UK: 7
Sweden: 2
Switzerland: 3
France: the rest

shootouts later if I'm not lazy, because I just want to be lazy after such a big event D:

PS: I shall remind that I never had any involvement in money during Bushido Impact events, so I have no idea how the fork the cashprize was splitted. I say that because a lot of people told me the low tiers cashprize was odd, and I have no idea why.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I knew neath was good but I hadn't seen vids of him, he really impressed me as well, although I was also impressed to see T. vs Neath in a laggy 50hz tv xD.

Btw Crysis is really good and has the most original playstyle ever, too bad he had to forfeit, although I would have been happy if our set hadn't ended in brinstar T_T

Edu.

Smash Cadet
hi :3

well im not proud of my matches but hey nice tournament very funny ^^ !

shotouts for people i faced in singles:

pools:

Mr.R: Marth is my worst matchup but man now YOU are my worst matchup lol. Too good.
Hope: Good snake but next time you have to strike camping stages! I love FD vs Snake.
Trek: I now the diddy matchup pretty well but i was scared when i played your luigi because i didn't know what to use (zelda or sheik) finally sheik was the best option :3 so now i use sheik/zelda against luigis not zelda only. Thanks! =D
Other diddy guy: Just the same thing: not bad but i know this matchup.
Wario/rob guy (don't remember the name): Nice wario im not used to that planking style xD
Felker: You should had stayed G&w! Link is eaaasy with sheik :ohwell:
marth guy: oops you need to improve :/
MK guy: WTF one of the the most simple and most efective MKs i have played lol good games

brackets:

kira: I hate you and i love you man! you ***** me and i have no johns you've improved a lot since last year! And other players from spain are agree with that. Best falco no doubt :p
Chair: Good wario you're better than the other warios in my country but i think i knew the matchup better. Even.
Charby: Hey dude the delay thing was 100% true! there was people playing only in TVs with the "Udux Aproval" seal no joke :laugh: and nice zamus ^^ !

Biggad: I didn't played you but i was been watching all your matches nice sheik keep improving. :)

TreK

Is "that guy"
Trek: I now the diddy matchup pretty well but i was scared when i played your luigi because i didn't know what to use (zelda or sheik) finally sheik was the best option :3 so now i use sheik/zelda against luigis not zelda only. Thanks! =D
I saw that T_T
Actually, Luigi hard counters both Sheik and Zelda... But I know why he ***** Zelda, while I don't know why he supposedly ***** Sheik :/
...And I still don't know after our matches XD

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
there was people playing only in TVs with the "Udux Aproval" seal no joke :laugh:
haha, so true, lots of laggy tvs, we had to use the better ones xD

btw i didn't appear in the photo, I thought it didn't happen until I was told later :/ I brought my sun glasses xD

Kasper!

Smash Lord
This tournament was the best tournament ive been too in my entire life!!!

Bushido impact for the win!!!

Shoutouts to come later.

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Leon apparently said on the Swiss boards that there was going to be 2 BBIs a year.
I just hope that if they do that they won't confirm a number of TVs they don't have or will suceed in renting the Gym I was talking about and in which BBI was supposed to take place. At least they'll avoid money problems, and if the venue fee/tourney fees will be as high as it was today, it will just pump the cashprize up.

Also, something else that me and Slhoka figured out during the tournament :

English-speaking tier list

God tier
British people & American people

Top tier
Canadian people
Dutch people
Scandinavian people

High tier
Austrian people
German people

Mid tier
British people & American people (ability to be understood by non native speakers)

Low tier
French people
Spanish people

Bottom tier
Geneke

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Leon apparently said on the Swiss boards that there was going to be 2 BBIs a year.
I just hope that if they do that they won't confirm a number of TVs they don't have or will suceed in renting the Gym I was talking about and in which BBI was supposed to take place. At least they'll avoid money problems, and if the venue fee/tourney fees will be as high as it was today, it will just pump the cashprize up.

Also, something else that me and Slhoka figured out during the tournament :

English-speaking tier list

God tier
British people & American people

Top tier
Canadian people
Dutch people
Scandinavian people

High tier
Austrian people
German people

Mid tier
British people & American people (ability to be understood by non native speakers)

Low tier
French people
Spanish people

Bottom tier
Geneke
Fricken hell im mad legit god tier ftw

K@0S

Smash Ace
British people are definitely harder to understand than most non native speakers. Dutch people are the easiest for me.

We don't deserve to be in the same tier as spanish people though :/

Laem

Smash Champion
why is geneke bottomtier xD i could communicate normally with him..
..unlike a certain spainiard (cough greward) who after winning a MM yells MANEYZ MANEYZ and looks at you with a crazy scientist face

also, for the record, this should really be called Achoral Brawl Impact
Achoral > Staff

Edu.

Smash Cadet
i think it should exists an "achoral tier" after bottom tier because i had to say "what" like 9000 times before i understood him :mad:

but i only have to say "what" one time when i talk with british people :)

kidding, my inglish is just horrible :/

K@0S

Smash Ace
Two BBIs a year isn't possible imo. French holidays schedules are kinda ****ed up so a huge tourney like this one can only happen during summer.

However if what you call a "BBI" is just a Brawl only tourney, it can be okay, but you can't expect that many entrants.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
Actually the british people were the easiest for me to understand cause they speak so fluently (obviously).

Top Bottom