• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Video Archive

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
watch jman vs vanz (you have it above) then watch cactuar vs king from genesis.

jman spends his time full jump lasering to fulljump nair (********?) and cactuar chooses to do laser laser dash dance (much more effective)

cactuar is just as campy, but i think he is smarter with it. I don't watch jman vids much, i just remember him being a more technical styled player.

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
All great suggestions. Cactuar seems the most wanted :laugh: but Col Bol is amazing.

Your Fox is **** too. Old school but awesome lol
Thanks, I'm just getting back into it, but I'm learning all the new tricks :laugh:

I plan on being much better by Pound 4, and hopefully I'll have more videos by then as well :)

The only video of me right now is like me vs hax LOL

As for the debate on how each player plays:

Cactuar proves that you don't have to do double shines and all these other fancy tricks to win matches (although he does have really good tech skill). He outsmarts his opponents and focuses a lot on spacing.

Jman is campy as ****, he admits it. He proves that you can win matches by being really gay :laugh:

Col Bol is definitely the flashiest fox player. He's very patient and picks his moments. When he goes in for a kill his combos usually lead to death.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I generally agree that watching vids of me isn't really the best way to learn. The only real exception to this is if I'm discussing the thought process with you as you're watching it. Cactus stuff only really works for cactus. It's been said repeatedly. It's not because of the random BS. Smart play styles generally just don't transfer as well as technical play styles via vid watching because you need to know how the player thinks.

Tag$ is going to inherit everything I know about this game. :)

Also, I'm not a campy player at all really. When I want to win vs Puff, I laser camp, but only because that is the nature of the matchup. HBox ***** me when I don't laser him. Laserless Fox vs Puff is hard as ****.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Cactuar.... What if i watch your videos and can see what you think...

IM IN YOUR HEAD WATCH OUT!

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
Yea, BIG LOL @ Cactuar being campy... GTFO. He doesn't camp. It's called spacing, something a lot of players do not put as much thought into as they should and something I don't think anyone does as well as Cactuar.

As good as fox's pressure game is, it requires a great deal of concentration and an ideal mindset to be able to constantly play without messing up button input throughout the day, let alone the day of a big tournament.

There are many many external factors that go into playing well for a whole day. Consistency is a very big issue, especially for fox/falco players. Playing patiently and focusing on spacing is the smartest way to play to minimize this issue.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I've decided, gonna try for Cactuar and Forward lol. They're 2 of my favorite Foxes so regardless of how helpful they are to watch, gonna do them next :)

If anyone disagrees let me know :p

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
I've decided, gonna try for Cactuar and Forward lol. They're 2 of my favorite Foxes so regardless of how helpful they are to watch, gonna do them next :)

If anyone disagrees let me know :p
Both those foxes are legit. I'll be happy either way.

D20

Smash Lord
Nice thread. I know this might be a bit tedious, but you should consider adding dates next to each of the sets. I don't think they need to be terribly specific, but something along the lines of *Fall 2008* might be helpful.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I've been really busy the last few days, and I still have a bunch of smash videos from our last fest to upload, but, to make it up to everyone for waiting (not like anyone cares I'm sure XD), I'm gonna do Forward because he's my favorite Fox, Cactuar because everyone wants him, Mew2king because he's a great model to learn from, and then 2 or 3 more. Something like Shiz, RaynEX, and Lunin.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
First off, who cares if there are far better Fox's than Lunin? Not only is that a little rude but nowhere did I say I was picking the best Fox players. Hell, if I did that, there'd probably be only a handful of players in the thread in the first place.

Secondly, I'm picking Lunin for two reasons. I like his Fox a lot, and he's my friend The Lake's favorite Fox. So I'm doing it for him, too. But seriously, coming in and saying something like that is completely uncalled for.

Sorry for overreacting a bit, and I hope you didn't mean that how it sounds, but blatantly insulting another Smasher's just so unnecessary :\

Anyways, I just got back from vacation. I'll put videos up when I get the chance.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
First off, who cares if there are far better Fox's than Lunin? Not only is that a little rude but nowhere did I say I was picking the best Fox players. Hell, if I did that, there'd probably be only a handful of players in the thread in the first place.

Secondly, I'm picking Lunin for two reasons. I like his Fox a lot, and he's my friend The Lake's favorite Fox. So I'm doing it for him, too. But seriously, coming in and saying something like that is completely uncalled for.

Sorry for overreacting a bit, and I hope you didn't mean that how it sounds, but blatantly insulting another Smasher's just so unnecessary :\

Anyways, I just got back from vacation. I'll put videos up when I get the chance.
Erm, chill. I'm just stating the obvious, there are a lot better Foxes then Lunin. It makes sense to do better Foxes first. I don't see it as insulting Lunin that I think Cactuar/M2k is better then him.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I don't know if there are even any Silent Wolf vids on the internet, but if there were, I'd be stoked to see em. +1 for SW, goGoGOgogoGOoGoGOOGoGOGOoGoGooGoO

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
After RaynEx, I vote to have some vids put up of Fox being played really well in teams. Teams advice in general, I guess. Don't think it's worth another thread.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Do you mean Tang is the best teams Fox?

He's good but a bit inexperienced to be called the best. Its definitely a player from SoCal though. Jman is legit, but I don't think he shines as much in doubles.

Top Bottom