• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox on Tier List 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
lol, what. Fox is not better than ZSS.
dont hurt my ape heart rooki3 ^^
idk, I feel he´s in a good postion now...
To all those arguing that Fox isn't better than "X" character:

Quit Hate'n
Paris: Fox definitly is better, people just don't know how to fight ZSS that's the only advantage you got.

Crifer: I'm trying to say that DK belongs in the high tiers DK is way better than mid tier status

Knux: Thank you

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Wolf is right below fox, meaning....it doesn't really make a difference. I personally think wolf is better than fox though

About sonic:
He really is good. I play shadow and sm5 and their sonics are beast. All that spin canceling and stuff really works. They really have taken advantage of their speed.

Its too funny though how diddy and olimar used to be lower.
SM5 is too good

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I used to play as fox all the time, but slowly became less enthusiastic... I dont know why, because back in the day when I would attend KDJ's brawl parties and play against him, I would usually kill his MK easier and his wario easier with my fox than any other character... then again that was a very very long time ago.... I know saying that I could beat a great MK is very fishy but its true... Unfortunately, as I slowly digressed from fox, I lost a lot of my skill... I guess it's just not as fresh as it used to be... I used to love shining, the neautral air kick, and u-airs... but again I haven't even played brawl in so long... Thats why it took me forever to find this site. lmao.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
fox will keep moving up, it's almost a guarantee. He's a very combo friendly character, which is unusual and helpful in brawl. He also has several tools that allow him to be both an offensive and defensive character. Heres to another +3 in another few months.

Zephil

Smash Ace
fox will keep moving up, it's almost a guarantee. He's a very combo friendly character, which is unusual and helpful in brawl. He also has several tools that allow him to be both an offensive and defensive character. Heres to another +3 in another few months.
your number of posts is scary

Jupz

Smash Master
Imo Fox should be around 19th, top of C tier. Hes better then Luigi or peach IMO but not as solid as the rest of the cast above him ;)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Paris: Fox definitly is better, people just don't know how to fight ZSS that's the only advantage you got.
If anything that's Fox's one advantage.

The only thing this applies to is potentially the Fox vs ZSS matchup where an inexperienced Fox gets ***** but a good one we'll have trouble with. But the reverse is true in nearly every high and to tier matchup where a ZSS with experience has an advantage on Snake, Dedede, and will go nearly even wiith Diddy or MK. Our only bad top tier match-up is Falco at 35:65. How about you?

Fox is top of mid tier, ZSS is A tier.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master

The only thing this applies to is potentially the Fox vs ZSS matchup where an inexperienced Fox gets ***** but a good one we'll have trouble with. But the reverse is true in nearly every high and to tier matchup where a ZSS with experience has an advantage on Snake, Dedede, and will go nearly even wiith Diddy or MK. Our only bad top tier match-up is Falco at 35:65. How about you?

Fox goes mostly even (from 6-4 to 4-6) against MK, Snake, Diddy, DDD; has (imo only) a nice advantage on Falco.

Against higher tiers....Fox is one of the better choices in the game. Don't know that I would pull that example.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Fox goes mostly even (from 6-4 to 4-6) against MK, Snake, Diddy, DDD; has (imo only) a nice advantage on Falco.

Against higher tiers....Fox is one of the better choices in the game. Don't know that I would pull that example.
Still, ZSS has only three or four hard disadvantageous matchups in the entire game (40:60 and worse) being Falco, Sheik, Luigi and arguably MK (we go back and forth on this one a lot). Every other high or top tier match is even or better, every other mid tier match is even or better. ZSS v Fox is polarizing, but it's probably 55:45 Fox if Fox has a true advantage at all. Some of us claim more success than others, but one Dsmash is still a stock, so I don't know.

We also argue a lot about Pit, but the general consensus is it's similar to the Diddy Kong matchup in which it gets easier as you gain experience. Fox can in no way claim that solid a matchup spread.

I'm not even saying he's not underrated, just that ZSS is not a good character to claim superiority to, because like Fox, she's one of the most underrated characters in the game right now.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Still, ZSS has only three or four hard disadvantageous matchups in the entire game (40:60 and worse) being Falco, Sheik, Luigi and arguably MK (we go back and forth on this one a lot). Every other high or top tier match is even, every other mid tier match is even. ZSS v Fox is polarizing, but it's probably 55:45 Fox if Fox has a true advantage at all. Some of us claim more success than others, but one Dsmash is still a stock, so I don't know.

We also argue a lot about Pit, but the general consensus is it's similar to the Diddy Kong matchup in which it gets easier as you gain experience. Fox can in no way claim that solid a matchup spread.

I'm not even saying he's not underrated, just that ZSS is not a good character to claim superiority to, because like Fox, she's one of the most underrated characters in the game right now.
I actually agree with you...they are both underrated. I only responded to your post to talk about the matchups.

Personally, I don't really know which character is better... so I'm not going to get into that one... lol

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City

If your gonna look at the entire game then both fox and zss belong higher on the list but the list is based on characters in order of whom is better, MK is better then the entire game so MK is at the top. Snake is better then everyone but MK so he's number 2 etc etc etc.

so the fact that luigi peach zss etc is above fox is something i dont agree with, if fox goes up in the tier list so will zss that's a fact and i'll be happy to see that for the zss mains

Jenkins

Smash Lord
If your gonna look at the entire game then both fox and zss belong higher on the list but the list is based on characters in order of whom is better, MK is better then the entire game so MK is at the top. Snake is better then everyone but MK so he's number 2 etc etc etc.

so the fact that luigi peach zss etc is above fox is something i dont agree with, if fox goes up in the tier list so will zss that's a fact and i'll be happy to see that for the zss mains
iunno, i think peach is much more solid of a character than fox is.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I think Snake is a Solid character, and thus why he's second on the tier list.

Point being, SBR voted on the spots.

B0x

Smash Apprentice
I dont care how high fox is on the list hes still the funnest dude in the game.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
now foxes need to start placing CONSISTENTLY.

Uchiha just got somewhere around 17th at tourneyplay 2 using fox/marth, and placing higher tham Sky`and t0mmy, tying with T1mmy & Bladewise.

now we need to do better.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Just place in top 8 because thats what Ankoku wants to see in tourny results, as long as fox place in the top 8 or better our position will change on the list
lol yeah.

**** i love how r00kie comes in here, posts a billion times, and then leaves haha

RPK

Smash Lord
now foxes need to start placing CONSISTENTLY.

Uchiha just got somewhere around 17th at tourneyplay 2 using fox/marth, and placing higher tham Sky`and t0mmy, tying with T1mmy & Bladewise.

now we need to do better.
Sky isnt even power ranked anymore. And he's fooling around with too many characters. Though, hopefully he sticks with the one he has right now.

t1mmy is a really good kirby. though he isnt...up there imo...

bladewise...I cant say anything about him since I dont know him...

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Ankoku requires that you at least use the character majority of the tourny. So if you had 7 rounds, go fox 5 out of the 7 and Ankoku will accept that Fox will get his recognition from that tourny placing
yeah son, cuz you really need a solid secondary to make the best out of fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom