• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox on Tier List 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
All i can say is that if you plan on picking up fox make him your main otherwise dont use him, fox isnt meant to be a secondary or 3rd 4th character. it takes alot of time to get amazing with him
Heh, he's almost been my secondary for a few months now. I just haven't been to the Fox boards in a while. So you're saying that it's all or nothing? Just Fox and nothing else is going to be a tough move.

T0MMY

Smash Master
now foxes need to start placing CONSISTENTLY.

Uchiha just got somewhere around 17th at tourneyplay 2 using fox/marth, and placing higher tham Sky`and t0mmy, tying with T1mmy & Bladewise.

now we need to do better.
Sky isnt even power ranked anymore. And he's fooling around with too many characters. Though, hopefully he sticks with the one he has right now.

t1mmy is a really good kirby. though he isnt...up there imo...

bladewise...I cant say anything about him since I dont know him...
Sky is "fooling around" with other characters, because Peach doesn't cut it in a lot of matchups. That doesn't put him at a disadvantage, that's giving him room to improve in brackets. He took 1st seed in his pools, and I believe he's ranked 13th in NorCal.
t1mmy is arguably the best Kirby player, both him and Chu fall somewhere in the 17th - 33rd slot of brackets.
Bladewise is a really good Marth player, he teamed with DSF a few months back.

So, yes, these are really good players. But placing higher than them in a SINGLE event doesn't mean squat, you have to look at the matchups they played (btw, Uchiha did NOT place higher than me at Tourneyplay 2, and in the previous one I think nearly 3-stocked him in finals).

Consistency.
If you want to see Fox higher on the tier list, you Fox players need to ATTEND notable tournaments and then CONSISTENTLY place high (top 4 placements) in those events. I've placed top 4 in big events, but where do you see R.O.B.? Falling down that tier list.
So good luck.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
maybe if people took canada seriously id go fox more :p
agreed... but seriously speaking my opinion... i dont think fox will move up next tier list unless we win some shiyat... and i can't attend tourneys because i have a bloody turbo controller so i need to find something legit before Canada Genesis if i manage to go

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
agreed... but seriously speaking my opinion... i dont think fox will move up next tier list unless we win some shiyat... and i can't attend tourneys because i have a bloody turbo controller so i need to find something legit before Canada Genesis if i manage to go
No player nice enough to borrow from? Every once in a blue moon there's that nice guy who doesn't mind. And if a GC controller is too hard to find switch to classic. It's almost the same!:bee:

DarkAura

Smash Lord
switch to classic. It's almost the same!:bee:
woooaaahhh no nononono im NOT switching to a classic those things... i played with one once and i couldn't stand it... idk why i just really don't like the feel of them if i decapitate the turbo button on my controller, think they will let me in?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
For controllers, I suggest you to import them from
http://www.play-asia.com/

They are rather cheap (for the fact GCN controller aren't produced anymore, that is, haha), are no 3rd party crap and most of all they're frigging white.

Zephil

Smash Ace
me too... is great and works excellent... and the cable is soo useful, no more stupid bateries for wavebirds!

2Sko

Smash Cadet
Fox, is a boss..... But really, Fox deserves B tier, once you spam does lasers > upsmash, ur done!!!!! No it's really not that simple.....
But really, good job guys!

2pac29

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, Fox Should be Very low A Tier Or high B Tier...

Consistency is the problem ... Who knows maybe After genesis!!!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Seems like a good # of people here overrate Fox, he's really not that amazing for A or B tier, probably ever. Everyone above him is just plain better.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I'd keep him where he is tbh. I'd put him above Luigi, but below Peach and Wolf.

You have to remember that the tier list is relative. For a character to rise, they have to prove themselves better than the character's they're surpassing.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I don't think he'll move up or down much he seems at a good spot for right now maybe +2 spots but anything more I don't think so.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
That wasn't a very necessary bump. >_>

Should I lock this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom