• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Instead of rolling, run towards the ledge and grab
then hold Z for lightshield
and tilt the stick towards the ledge

The trick is that your character looks toward the ledge --> when he is pushed off the stage, he won't grab the ledge and you can do moves.

Like shineand stuff

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
Im having some problems waveshining back, i think all of you in some point of your smashers life maining fox had the same problem. Sharing experience can be helpful, some tip, how you have managed this problem, all is welcome :). srry the english is poor.

Totodile

Smash Rookie
usually I just waveland over and over again on ledge then grab ledge, then ledge hop uair that trick

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I said edge-guard, not flat out kill. Especially at lower percents, I have trouble gimping Peach or keeping her off because of the high priority up+b.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
chase her far off the edge with b-airs so her 2nd jump is used. you can either repeat with this or depending on positioning go for a shine. e.g. if she's too high b-air some more. and if she tries to sweet spot thats perfect you can just roll cause her up-b sucks at clearing space.

... thats just me tho.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
If you want to edgehog her, but you think the upB will it you before you can grab the ledge it's not that bad to move away and let her grab the ledge. Peachs options from there aren't that great anyway.

When she floats back at a rather low height, it's probably better to stall at the edge and see if you can gimp from there, but unfortunately she'll often come from the sky with those fastfall-or-no-fastfall-mindgames.

However i'd recommend to edgehog with run off - shineturnaround- upB or run to the ledge - shineturnaround - wavedash back.
If the Peach sees you running to the ledge she'll more likely expect you to edgehog and will try to intercept you with her upB --> then you can just shield her upB and shine out of shield and then go on with the gimp.

Hope that helps =)

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
For Peach, I would just go for vertical kills. Waveshine>grab> Uair and such. One of my favorite Fox combos is shuffled drill> waveshine> Usmash. Looks too good. Works great on Peach.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Since you mentioned Peach's Up B having too much priority, I can only assume the Peach is coming up from below. That being sad, grabbing the edge for invincibility would be the best option. You can also stay on the stage and space a back air since it's rare to see a Peach sweetspot the edge.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I don't spam frames on the edge enough vs. Peach. I always get antsy when she floats close because I always expect her upb to beat my moves. I should probably just be more aggressive on the edge vs. her.

So, I'm sure every Fox in here has faced a decent Sheik at one time or another. I was wondering what you guys normally do to keep up with her onstage. Edge-guarding her is pretty simple so I'd rather not talk about it much. This is what I do:

Vs. Sheik:

-CC tilts to grabs, dtilt, or usmash

-DD alot and always keep moving. Never stay on a platform too long because if she trips you up on one its an easy techchase for her.

-Look for grabs and drills, uthrow->uair ****

Anyone have anything else to add?

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
i have been practicing shuffling with fox and i can keep doing it good but the only problem is its impossible for me to short hop...some ppl use y to jump and some ppl u x ..which one should i use..?

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
i have been practicing shuffling and drill shining with fox and i can keep doing it good but the only problem is its impossible for me to short hop...some ppl use y to jump and some ppl u x ..which one should i use..?

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
fox

i have been practicing shuffling and drill shining with fox and i can keep doing it good but the only problem is its impossible for me to short hop...some ppl use y to jump and some ppl u x ..which one should i use..?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Anyone have anything else to add?
Retreating triple lasers are amazing, especially on FD.

When she full jumps + double aerial, spam them just outside her Fair/Bair range as much as possible. So many lasers hit, it's amazing.

Good examples can be in the KDJ vs M2K FD match where M2K doesn't get ***** and maybe even an old teh spammerer vs Inui match on FD.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lol if you're telling me to watch vids of a guy called 'teh spammerer'...

I can already predict how the match is going to play out: Laser X10000223300

I'll try the triple laser thing.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
^ lol the vid is actually good. i completely stole the match move for move in a tourney and it worked out i was like wow....

it worked from youtube lol.

thats 100% my game vs sheik on fd now.

jboy whichever button you normally jump with or get more comfortable just use. most use y i think. but its preference. just keep practicing. and remember it's how fast you press it not how lightly.

GOTM

Smash Champion
lol if you're telling me to watch vids of a guy called 'teh spammerer'...
lmao. spammer is actually a very very good player. hes not just some random fox, haha. he beat chu in tourney right after brawl came out and chu was still mad good.

oldmankungfu

Smash Journeyman
In a house... in Miami,Fl Close to MD South Campus
i have been practicing shuffling with fox and i can keep doing it good but the only problem is its impossible for me to short hop...some ppl use y to jump and some ppl u x ..which one should i use..?
which ever one feels better for you. i started out using x but as i got better at it i could do it with both y and x but of course x is better for me. i just used the edge of my finger to "flick" the button. try it with both of them and see which one you fell better with...

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lmao. spammer is actually a very very good player. hes not just some random fox, haha. he beat chu in tourney right after brawl came out and chu was still mad good.
He also beat Vidjo. Kashif = teh ****

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
THATS DISGUSTING.

Alright its not that bad but still...my holy god the amount of camping in that match. I clicked the link expecting to be able to go down and have my dinner afterwards. My spaghetti got cold dammit.

7 ****ing minutes of camping. Fun, Fun, Fun!

GOTM

Smash Champion
THATS DISGUSTING.

Alright its not that bad but still...my holy god the amount of camping in that match. I clicked the link expecting to be able to go down and have my dinner afterwards. My spaghetti got cold dammit.

7 ****ing minutes of camping. Fun, Fun, Fun!
LMFAO. i knew someone was gonna post that video, hahahaha. thats def. spammer for you, although other than that, hes a really technical smart fox that doesn't camp that much ALL the time, lmao

GOTM: Are you coming to Kansas this weekend?

Is anyone in here coming to Darkrain's tournament?
yes i am. me, scar, cactuar, and m2k are going and getting housed at darkrains. you?

Top Bottom