• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

SCOTU

Smash Hero
use whatever one you want.

Teeman: just try to figure out what your brother is trying to do, then punish him for it.

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
Ill try the bairs and edge-invincibility, but as far as shine-spiking a fox while hes charging the fire-fox, whats the easiest way of doing it without getting burned.

In the head?Around the sides?Is there any difference?

And any other tips you have...

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
hey um, any advice when it comes to reverse waveshining into either uptilts or even more drill shines, i find that when i wavedash backwards i have to wait that extra bit longer to do it otherwise i just turn around in the shine, its kinda annoying.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Shine > JUMP > angle control stick > air dodge.

Make sure you are jumping before you angle the control stick, otherwise you'll turn around. Practice.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Shine > JUMP > angle control stick > air dodge.

Make sure you are jumping before you angle the control stick, otherwise you'll turn around. Practice.
thats what im finding hard... should i be practicing jumping first on normal waveshines aswell? just to get used to it?

Brookman

Smash Hero
Yea, just up smash. shine to shine only works on several characters, and it only works as long as the stage goes (unless you do an inverse drill shine) and then repeat going in the other direction ad infinitum. Doing that for more than a few repetitions requires a great deal of precision that not too many players have. Doing a few waveshines into a grab or up smash is much more practical.

If you don't know how to waveshine you'll have to be more specific with your problem.

L.O.P.L.

Smash Cadet
Nobody answered me ffs. How do you double shine? Not sure if it is the correct name but it is when you shine twice really fast in one place.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Or we could just answer his question. Not like it's hard or something.

To do double (or multi) shines you just need to shine (or shield) then jump and shine again before you leave the ground (you can shine after leaving the ground and it covers you just as well, but then you can't combo if you hit with the second shine.

you don't NEED to do it any particular way, it's just that most people prefer y>b cause they are so close to each other.

Brookman

Smash Hero
why not just shine turnaround? Its not significantly slower, and will still combo on every character.
Personally, I find turning around in the shine and then wavedashing out to be weird, and not good looking. This is one time where I think looking good is also functional in melee.

Scotu i just finished watching your combo vid again and...

You said jc shines are useless, but you seemed to use them for shield pressure effectively, oh and they also looked cool.
People who can grab after your first shine just love getting hit by the second one. Everything has a use in some situation or another. It's also good to just mix **** up.

better way to pressure shield = grab
Can I get an amen from the choir?

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Just so people know this, l-cancel means lag cancel, not the button that you press to do the l-cancel. So it is still called l-canceling.

dawn001

Smash Ace
Like what?
hmm well this is my style i use it in many ways like i said so one of them is like yeah pressuring them but not just jc all the time i use it in in SH-A and jc and if there shielding well right after the drill then again jc or in the same style but instead of SH-A use the drill and follow by the same format the point is eather break there shield or lower ther shield to the point where you can him them..thats really it thats all you can really do but from there you can be creative like using not multi shine just 2 all the time like dash towards them when they are on the tip of the edge and you double shine them of the stage or when they are all upon you like in your face! instead of using one shine use two or more,i use 2 all the time but yall use the jc different then i do i dont use the y and b thing i use the control stick but you can only do 2 on the control stick well so far but i have experiment on both style and the way i use it seems faster..thats why i was telling yall that when i try using the jc with y and b the second one does not hit them but with the control stick is hits them all the time when i do SH and A or drill it hits them all the time so is double the damage but only works when your apponets % is lower well in between 60 or 50% of damage...thas all i got now,,,:urg::urg:

Top Bottom