• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

That wouldn't work vs anyone who mains Samus...
She can back up after pulling up with the grapple. Also, samus players usually sweetspot and press Z to grab the ledge before you can do anything, if youre in the position to multishine (If youre on the ledge).
If you couldnt punish samus while she wasnt near the ledge, hang on the ledge, and use standing up on it to your advantage. Anything further, learn from experience.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
watch the beginning of this video... i want to know how peki pulls off the upthrow to shine to upsmash. Does he just perform a perfect wavedash?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN30cf8ejVU
you waveshine>dash>jc usmash. it's kinda dumb to do out of a uthrow, but works if you hit them w/ a shine other times, and don't feel like thunders'ing

A couple of questions:

1. I'm playing against a Samus and wondering about the U-throw U-air combo. At what percentages should I be able to pull this off? If they DI? If they don't? Also, since not every percentage is going to work out, are there any other suggestions on what to do with a grab a certain percentages?

2. I'm getting chaingrabbed a lot by Peach. What percentages should I be able to get out of this, and how?

If anyone feels like giving me some information on grabbing, or getting grabbed by characters other than Peach or Samus I would also be interested.
about peach's CG, if you're DIing full, her CG starts at 30%, if you stop DIing, it ends at 100%.

edit: no, it's not worth it to doubleshine your opponents.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
What's the best way to DI when you find yourself being up-tilted by a Falco at low percents?

Miharu

Smash Hero
What's the best way to DI when you find yourself being up-tilted by a Falco at low percents?
If you're in the air, you can't do much. At low, DI away and hope for the fsmash, at high, DI up, get ready to DI the bair, or tech the dair.

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
2. i have problems beating that dumb luigi with fox =[ any help?
hehe my friend mains luigi so heres a couple of tips....

My friends pretty aggressive so i get a lot of shield-grabbing opportunities
i U-throw and U-air but i do the U-air really early and even if he manages to get a N-air i still hit him with the strong kick of the two, or you can B-air, it has a long range and he barely ever hits me when i do it.

Shine-spiking him is way easy, evry time i do it he only gets back when he manages to get a MISFIRE. If youre not that good at it you can edgeguard him pretty
easily with the B-air.

LOL first time im the one GIVING tips instead of getting them. Good luck with that.

-----------------------------------
SPACE ANIMALS RULE ALL
YOU THINK IM LYING
LETS BRAWL!!!
:chuckle:

4 Aces

Smash Ace
multishining is not the same as jc shining. It's composed of jc shines. you jc a shine out of a shine.
Well, yeah, that's what I meant. I guess I wasn't very clear about that. So, FoxFTW, you basically either call it multishine or infinite jc shine (well, if you can do it that long), or just multiple/repeative jc shine.

By the way, thanks Brawlpro! You're awesome!

Oskurito

Smash Lord
you waveshine>dash>jc usmash. it's kinda dumb to do out of a uthrow, but works if you hit them w/ a shine other times, and don't feel like thunders'ing
you don't need to dash you can catch up with them before they touch the ground but you'll need a fast and long wavedash(not perfect) well I've been doing this on comps lately:

Upthrow x 3 > turn around >waveshine>upsmash>uptilt>nair/grab>uptilt(if not nair then grab)>grab>nair>grab...

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
I play some foxes and falcos and im having trouble shine-spiking them in the midst of their
fire-fox/bird. Any tips ??

---------------------------------
SPACE ANIMALS RULE ALL
YOU THINK IM LYING
LETS BRAWL!!

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
how do you multi shine? Whats the best fingering? When do I use it? (lots of Q's cuz I'm noob!)
I have a question related to this one...

Whats the difference between infinite wallshining and multishining?
In what situations do you use multishining?

-------------------------------
SPACE ANIMALS RULE ALL
YOU THINK IM LYING
LETS BRAWL

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Multishining is really only useful when you're shield pressuring. Infinite shining is just using repetitive grounded shines against an opponent when they're against a wall and unable to escape. Most people just shine, wavedash in place, shine, and repeat because it's a lot easier to infinite that way.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
If you're talking about catching them while they're doing their attack and not the charge, I myself suck at doing that so I can only recommend practicing and trying to get a feel for judging the timing.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
how do you multi shine? Whats the best fingering? When do I use it? (lots of Q's cuz I'm noob!)
you multishine by jc'ing a shine out of a shine. slide thumb from y>b lift, repeat if necessary. you don't use it. It's no good.

I play some foxes and falcos and im having trouble shine-spiking them in the midst of their
fire-fox/bird. Any tips ??
use invincibility from the edge, or just don't. you could always use a bair instead.

I have a question related to this one...

Whats the difference between infinite wallshining and multishining?
In what situations do you use multishining?
infinite wallshineing is any way of pinning an enemy to a wall infinitely, these include: waveshining (in place), drillshining (shffld/ full hopped), empty shining (shine>empty shffl/ shl>shine), or multishining.

There are very few situtations where multishining is the most optimal thing to do, and the 2nd choice is usually almost as good, and easier to do.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Okay, Jc shining failures are getting to me...

I Hold down on the control stick and alternate between y and b while my index finger is on B and my middle finger is on Y...and can only do 3, four if i'm lucky...i asked SW how he does it and he said he alternates between y and b with his thumb so i wuz like -_-

do i just need to move my fingers really fast, because at 13, its a pain :(

and don't gimmie "jc shines are useless", cuz i already know...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
well, they are useless. anyway... you slide your thumb from y>b lift, rinse, and repeat. It's not a pain because you're 13, it's a pain because your fingers aren't fast enough yet. Getting more technical will let you move your fingers faster, and w/ practice and time, you'll have much faster fingers.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
well, they are useless. anyway... you slide your thumb from y>b lift, rinse, and repeat. It's not a pain because you're 13, it's a pain because your fingers aren't fast enough yet. Getting more technical will let you move your fingers faster, and w/ practice and time, you'll have much faster fingers.
ty:)

Play StepMania and get really good at it if you want faster fingers.

Or practice what you're trying to get god a to get fast fingers. That's always the best way.

I'll practice it, when I get bored of practicing eveerything else, thnx guyz

InsaneMonkey

Smash Cadet
I'm learning how to Waveshine (In the process of learning to Wavedash), so, does it matter if ny sheild pops up after I hit R, but I do a successful Wavedash? Thanks!

Yomi

Smash Cadet
You're doing it right, you are just holding on to R for too long. Press it faster. I think most people have that problem when they are first learning to wavedash, so just keep practicing.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
i lost 5 stcok matches just now,against a shiek,marth,luigi,gannon,mario main(my bro in other words),man, i dunno what to do,i tried playing as marth,shiek,but its not working...i even lost a 5 stock against luigi! and my bro doesnt bother playing me anymore..."its not worth a challenge he says"

i tried ALOT of shield grabs,and ducks,but its not effective,how can i smash my bro out,i miss 80 percent the time,i do "jump behind him,and bairs" he figured it out, somehow,doing a series a firefox's help slow him down,i dont think its smart.my bro knows NO techs btw

i know short-hop,fastfall,tech roll(my fav),shine spike(just learned),shine cancel jump(just learned), edgehog

i love the shine spike though,i miss it alot against shiek and marth

can someone help get better,

InsaneMonkey

Smash Cadet
Try setting up bombs for traps. Do lots of dash attacks and smash attacks. Be sure to juggle him a lot, it's what helps me...kind of. >_>Just practice, practice makes perfect. :O

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
Try setting up bombs for traps. Do lots of dash attacks and smash attacks. Be sure to juggle him a lot, it's what helps me...kind of. >_>Just practice, practice makes perfect. :O

he insta-nair me alot when i try to juggle,bombs??, i dont like doing dash attacks,it feels...dirty,and im unable to practice because my mom bans video games during school days

InsaneMonkey

Smash Cadet
You just have to practice a lot. Get all your homework and studying done, then ask if you can play.

In order to Waveshine, how fast do you have to be going? I can shine then wavedash, but Link get's up before I get to him to shine him again. Does it matter if you just hold the control stick down and right/left and Fox keeps Wavedashing, or is that bad? Should I use X or Y for Wavedashing/Shining?

Top Bottom