• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You just hold your hand in a way that you have access to all the buttons you need. If I ever were to go claw, I'd have my thumb on C-Stick, then one finger at each of B, A, and X; but I'm sure there's several other ways to hold it.

dawn001

Smash Ace
You just hold your hand in a way that you have access to all the buttons you need. If I ever were to go claw, I'd have my thumb on C-Stick, then one finger at each of B, A, and X; but I'm sure there's several other ways to hold it.
thanks cause am going CLAW OH YEAH!!!! am trying go get some edvice from the man him self JAVI but all he speak is spanish but i speak it too but i dont know how tell him well my spanish spelling suck's but yeah thaks...

Randizzle

Smash Ace
i used to occasionally go to a claw grip with certain characters. when i did it i usually go with just using my index finger over x and my right thumb between the c-stick and b.

dawn001

Smash Ace
i used to occasionally go to a claw grip with certain characters. when i did it i usually go with just using my index finger over x and my right thumb between the c-stick and b.
oh ok well i know where my fingers go but i dont know how to grab you know the fast grab but i dont know i think is by pressing the L +X+A while dashing but not sure does anyone know?

Chained Up

Smash Cadet
If you activate the shine the same time as a Jigglypuff using rest does are you protected from it?

darkshy

Smash Ace
you could also do the drillshine which is alot harder, but really racks up damage:

shine>waveshine>sffld dair>shine>waveshine>etc.

Adi

Smash Lord
Anyone, seriously it's really all about preference. You shouldn't make a character choice based upon someone else's opinion. Do what works.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
that way also deals damage a lot quicker, but it's probably a bit tougher to pull off consistently in succession (and in a way so that your opponent cannot escape).

Oskurito

Smash Lord
that way also deals damage a lot quicker, but it's probably a bit tougher to pull off consistently in succession (and in a way so that your opponent cannot escape).
lol. Is very easy when you get used to it, just remember you don't need to do it as soon as you activate the shine, you can wait a little(before the stuns dissapears) and short hop afterwards. Obviously just be sure that it still comboes, for that purposes you can go to training mode.

Is easier to pillar with the c-stick imo or at least that's the way I pillar

Randizzle

Smash Ace
that's how i do it too, i was merely making a comment on the difficulty of it.

in regards to a good secondary, just play whatever character you have fun playing or just play something to counter whatever matchups are giving your fox the most difficulty.

Yomi

Smash Cadet
A couple of questions:

1. I'm playing against a Samus and wondering about the U-throw U-air combo. At what percentages should I be able to pull this off? If they DI? If they don't? Also, since not every percentage is going to work out, are there any other suggestions on what to do with a grab a certain percentages?

2. I'm getting chaingrabbed a lot by Peach. What percentages should I be able to get out of this, and how?

If anyone feels like giving me some information on grabbing, or getting grabbed by characters other than Peach or Samus I would also be interested.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
A couple of questions:

1. I'm playing against a Samus and wondering about the U-throw U-air combo. At what percentages should I be able to pull this off? If they DI? If they don't? Also, since not every percentage is going to work out, are there any other suggestions on what to do with a grab a certain percentages?

2. I'm getting chaingrabbed a lot by Peach. What percentages should I be able to get out of this, and how?

If anyone feels like giving me some information on grabbing, or getting grabbed by characters other than Peach or Samus I would also be interested.
1. you can't a good samus will usually jump away and use her bombs to return safely, if you grab them on 0% you can upthrow>uair but she can up-b you out of it(not jump I believe) otherwise it won't work. If you grab them at any other % just upthrow/back throw> run away and shoot some lasers to rack up damage

2.You can shine out of peach cg at very early % if they don't pivot grab(?)

-PM-

Smash Ace
two questions here that i know have been asked before

1. who do you thinks better fox or falco cause i need to make one of them a secondary im pretty sure that im at the same skill with both

2. i have problems beating that dumb luigi with fox =[ any help?

dawn001

Smash Ace
two questions here that i know have been asked before

1. who do you thinks better fox or falco cause i need to make one of them a secondary im pretty sure that im at the same skill with both

2. i have problems beating that dumb luigi with fox =[ any help?
for your secondary go with fox,fox alway ***** falcos well not just any you have to be good but my opinion fox ***** falcos ....and your second question about beating luigi well not sure how i never had problems against luigis hmmm maybe u-throw and u-air that should kill him and up-smash....also shine spike because it send luigi far off the stage then you could edge hog and from there do what you need to go to keep him off..

-PM-

Smash Ace
the luigi i play wish juggles me to no extent and he abuses foxes heaviness and chain grabs me to death.... not to mention he seconds him so he knows how to play with him =[[[

Miharu

Smash Hero
for your secondary go with fox,fox alway ***** falcos well not just any you have to be good but my opinion fox ***** falcos ....and your second question about beating luigi well not sure how i never had problems against luigis hmmm maybe u-throw and u-air that should kill him and up-smash....also shine spike because it send luigi far off the stage then you could edge hog and from there do what you need to go to keep him off..
He's not asking about how to counter Falcos; he's asking which would be better as a secondary, Fox or Falco. That doesn't have too much to do with the Fox/Falco matchup. Fox is more versatile as a secondary, and fares much better against Luigi as well.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
do you think its worth the trouble to double shine opponents? I'm at the skill level where I can get it more than half the time but it also takes away from way waveshine upsmash game

-PM-

Smash Ace
well with the lugi its a tough choice because the blasters from falco work extremely well against lugi. but then again the shine spike is extremely easy to get off against luigi so idk who to pick but i do better with falco on most match ups

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
do you think its worth the trouble to double shine opponents? I'm at the skill level where I can get it more than half the time but it also takes away from way waveshine upsmash game
Maybe you should just stick to trying to double shine when someone is shielding then. From what I have seen, double shines are most useful against shields because smart people will wait till after your first shine to grab, since people rarely double shine. But don't do it too often, because then they will catch on and just grab you after the double shine. Oh, and for damage, waveshine -> usmash is much better then a doubleshine.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Is that combo called something?

and it isn't all that pointless.
I don't know if there's a name for it, really.

Try it against competent opponents, and you'll find out how pointless it is. There's stuff that's way more practical, such as uthrow to usmash, without the flashy waveshine in between.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
what should I use to edgeguard a samus? if they use the grapple I usually multishine like 9 times to make sure that he gets hit when he is in lag mode after he gets up.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
what should I use to edgeguard a samus? if they use the grapple I usually multishine like 9 times to make sure that he gets hit when he is in lag mode after he gets up.
Would that actually work? I can multishine myself but never really found a use for it. :dizzy:

Top Bottom