• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
its probably been asked thousands of times but any advice on multishining??? I don't know when to cancel the jump with the shine, i always mess up and just jump.
SCOTU's got a more definitive answer on this, but I'm pretty sure the earliest you can do the Shine is five frames after jumping.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
frame 1: press jump
2:
3:
4: press shine.

as for advice on it: slide your thumb from y>b lift and repeat.
better advice: don't use it unless you're perfect at it.
comment: it's not hard to do, it's only moderately difficult to do it as fast as possible multiple times in a row.
Best Advice: Don't bother wasting time on it at all. It's not good for anything.

dawn001

Smash Ace
Z sucks, if you mess up you'll grab the air and become very vulnerable (sames aplies if you mess up an L-cancel >_>)
dude i was watching your combo video not bad at all but what i notice is that when you were drill shining it was to slow your apponent could have DI off of it but i see fasters drill shining but not bad you have a good fox..:)

Oskurito

Smash Lord
dude i was watching your combo video not bad at all but what i notice is that when you were drill shining it was to slow your apponent could have DI off of it but i see fasters drill shining but not bad you have a good fox..:)
heh heh, its thnx to brawlpro, for editing.

Ckit

Smash Rookie
yea, bp, he's good editor, he's currently making a XIF combo video =O

so SW, does thunder's work on any character that falls from a shine?

Ckit

Smash Rookie
alright kewl, i just found the thread so never mind =D thnx for helping anyways!

dawn001

Smash Ace
what can i do to mind game other than dash dance, help plz?
not sure dude but this is what i do hmmm try doing well not sure what is the proper name for it but javi the best in mexico does it alot but is when you shor hop then you waveland i think but yeah i use it alot!! or combine it with dash dance and shor hop laser...ill send you a video of it hold on

Oskurito

Smash Lord
frame 1: press jump
2:
3:
4: press shine.

as for advice on it: slide your thumb from y>b lift and repeat.
better advice: don't use it unless you're perfect at it.
comment: it's not hard to do, it's only moderately difficult to do it as fast as possible multiple times in a row.
Best Advice: Don't bother wasting time on it at all. It's not good for anything.
CAn you give frame data for double shine pillaring? I was able to pull it out with decent consistency after a lot of hours of practice, I just wanted to know if it's really ungrabbable

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
You can do it when going down, just don't hold down when you are in range of grabbing it.
*Ding* I think the lightbulb just went off in my head. I was wondering why sometimes I grabbed the ledge and sometimes I didn't when I ff diagonally down. I could've sworn that I have grabbed onto the edge before while still holding down, but it only works from what would be know as a "sweet spot"

SCOTU

Smash Hero
CAn you give frame data for double shine pillaring? I was able to pull it out with decent consistency after a lot of hours of practice, I just wanted to know if it's really ungrabbable

Check my sig for frame data Q & A, or find that thread on fox's shield pressure (linked in SW's sticky). They have the info on it, so i've already given it. It can be "escaped" by spot dodging. i put escaped in quotes since it still leaves them right there w/ vulnerability, jc a usmash if they spot dodge.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
how do you up-smash of the shine?
Shine then press the control stick and the c-stick UP at the same time (almost at the same time the c-stick should be pressed a little after) and you should get it

Button Smash

Smash Rookie
Isn't it easier to JC Usmash with control stick and A? It works for me.

Doraki's Instant Wall Jump is really confusing to me. Maybe someone else can explain better. No? I'll try reading it over a couple more times.

Killress

Smash Ace
Hey guys. I was wonering if SHDL was worth learning? I'm alright at everything else, but i can't seem to SHDL and I'm not sure if i should spend my time practicing SHDL or spend it on somthing else. Thanks in Advance

-Killress

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Hey guys. I was wonering if SHDL was worth learning? I'm alright at everything else, but i can't seem to SHDL and I'm not sure if i should spend my time practicing SHDL or spend it on somthing else. Thanks in Advance

-Killress
SHDLs are not that useful. They are worth learning if you have all of the fundamentals down, but SHDL is more for situational spatial control. A tip to doing it is sliding your thumb from y -> b and pressing b twice quickly. The most important part of getting a SHDL is the slide from y -> b. Do it too slow and it is impossible to get both lasers to come out on time.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
SHDL are very useful but only if you've mastered the technique completely. Otherwise your lasers won't come out fast enough for both to hit most characters, you'll screw up and get punished, etc.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
This has prolly been asked before, but im not going to go through 64 pages to see if anyone has asked it.
So, im just wondering who is the "best/a good" team partner for Fox?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Isn't it easier to JC Usmash with control stick and A? It works for me.

Doraki's Instant Wall Jump is really confusing to me. Maybe someone else can explain better. No? I'll try reading it over a couple more times.
For the instant walljump you can press(while you're grabbing the edge) the c-stick away from the edge to drop and then press(right after you'd press the c-stick) the control stick away from the edge to do the wall jump. Another method is to do the same but with the control stick only, is a little more harder tho. I don't see to many uses for fox exept maybe for double shine spiking....... stupid things...idk you can edgeguard effectively without it

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
lol its where you tap the control stick back and forth from left to right, it looks as if he is dancing, but time the dance well, and do it at a nice spot, good for mindgames.

LOL i use it alot but i didnt know that was the term for i... i thought it involved wavedashes or other stuff

THX

---------------------------------
SPACE ANIMALS RULE ALL
YOU THINK IM LYING
LETS BRAWL!!
:chuckle:

Oskurito

Smash Lord
there is something called a wave dance, dash forward > wdash back is an example, just dance with wdashes.
wave dash dancing is supossed to be with wavedashes only. I believe Surf wavedashing is the term for what you've said(mixing dashes and wavedashes or doing them across the level)

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Please answere me question =)

I didnt find any guide/faq on it at the other Fox guides so im asking here ^^
who is the "best/a good" team partner for Fox?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I have a question

what are the best counter and neutral stages to fight falco on.He's my hardest matchup with fox.

Top Bottom