• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Oskurito

Smash Lord
lol yeah and Eggz mixes music too... He did the song for chillin's combo video

Shök

Smash Champion
yeah what is the name of that song in chillins combo video, its awesome

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Please explain to me why chillin is your favorite smasher. And who the hell was that pikachu that was ****** him a new *******.

dawn001

Smash Ace
that pika was azen...

and wtf is it to you if chillin's my favorite smasher
**** calm down brawlbro dont get all hostel and **** lol but funny but still calm down.... why is it that everytime i see a video of a fox vs a jigglypuff fox alwasy loses because of that **** u-throw them rest move can fox DI of of that?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
For the same reason that Fox can uthrow > uair so many people. The throw is really fast, and you can't DI after you've been thrown, so you either have to see it coming once you get grabbed or have reasonably good reflexes.

dawn001

Smash Ace
For the same reason that Fox can uthrow > uair so many people. The throw is really fast, and you can't DI after you've been thrown, so you either have to see it coming once you get grabbed or have reasonably good reflexes.
ahh i see good point like your style lol!!! ok ok does double reflect is it anygood? at all

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
i like it how your a good help even though you don't play fox.
ahh i see good point like your style lol!!! ok ok does double reflect is it anygood? at all
umm dbl shine?

its not that much of a help but it is flashy!

dawn001

Smash Ace
i like it how your a good help even though you don't play fox.

umm dbl shine?

its not that much of a help but it is flashy!
but if you master it would you take double the damage instead of just one?? i mean i was doin this thing where i will run towards you then drill and if you are shielding i would do the double shine after the drill and after the duble shine another drill and double shine a so fort

brawlpro

Smash Master
but if you master it would you take double the damage instead of just one?? i mean i was doin this thing where i will run towards you then drill and if you are shielding i would do the double shine after the drill and after the duble shine another drill and double shine a so fort
mastering it? thats too much practice for somethin that does 10% damage instead of 5%...

dawn001

Smash Ace
LOL might as well shoot them a few to get 5%

btw, dawn ur fox, i gotta play it, because its so even with mine imo...
well am close of mastering the double shine and is to late to stop my fingers wont stop trying to do the double shine i try but now is instinct so yeah oh and about your fox and mine well dont judge my fox cause of the video but who knows but i seen your fox and it look like you need alot of work but like i said dont judge videos ontill we play .....:grin:

dawn001

Smash Ace
here are my new vidz, watch me vs fred #1(not the new one) because i do my best there.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=117741

btw i mastered the dbl shine, its simply jc shining, LOL hold down the control stick, and alternatly press y > b > y > b > y > b etc.

you can crouch cancel to dbl shine doing that!
nope you are wrong i knwo that one but it does not hit them well maybe for me i try doing it as fast as i can the only way you will know is by going towards your apponet and shor hop and A attack then L canceling it to the double shine but i doint with the control stick and it hits my apponets with both of the shine but if i do it the way you do it .. it does not hit them with the 2 shines is to slow i mean i do use that way the whole hold down th control stick and alternatly y>b>y>b and so on but in a different stragactly i dont think i spell it right i just woke up *YAWNS*

brawlpro

Smash Master
nope you are wrong i knwo that one but it does not hit them well maybe for me i try doing it as fast as i can the only way you will know is by going towards your apponet and shor hop and A attack then L canceling it to the double shine but i doint with the control stick and it hits my apponets with both of the shine but if i do it the way you do it .. it does not hit them with the 2 shines is to slow i mean i do use that way the whole hold down th control stick and alternatly y>b>y>b and so on but in a different stragactly i dont think i spell it right i just woke up *YAWNS*
doode, i can't understand, but what i said was some what right.

well check out my new vidz and leave advice or what ever, anythins nice:)

and its fast enough for me to hit em!

btw my class is over, i'll reply in a few hours when i get home.

dawn001

Smash Ace
doode, i can't understand, but what i said was some what right.

well check out my new vidz and leave advice or what ever, anythins nice:)

and its fast enough for me to hit em!

btw my class is over, i'll reply in a few hours when i get home.
what i mean was that the way you said it does not work the 1 shine hits them but not the 2 one is too slow for me i try as fast but nothing..and the way i do it is with the controll stick and that way it does hits them with the 1and2 shines sorry for that other post is am still sleepy but yeah oh and i saw you vidoe not bad at all :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lolwut? Doing two shines with the control stick isn't any faster than two shines with Y and B. Are you the same guy who tried to sell me that bull**** about how even if I SDI, I can get hit by exactly three drillshines? You most likely can't hit with both shines unless they're against a wall, shielding, or for some reason CCing/DIing toward you.

dawn001

Smash Ace
lolwut? Doing two shines with the control stick isn't any faster than two shines with Y and B. Are you the same guy who tried to sell me that bull**** about how even if I SDI, I can get hit by exactly three drillshines? You most likely can't hit with both shines unless they're against a wall, shielding, or for some reason CCing/DIing toward you.
to sell you?work are your gramar lol but yeah is me and the whole thing about the drillshine i have to peach,captain falcon,dk,gano,link,yoshi, hey but thats just me

If other character like marth and mario don't smash DI/DI your drill behind you, you can drillshine combo them too. if they start DIing behind you, nair in place of dair.
I wasn't just talking about your posts, dawn.

dawn001

Smash Ace
If other character like marth and mario don't smash DI/DI your drill behind you, you can drillshine combo them too. if they start DIing behind you, nair in place of dair.
I wasn't just talking about your posts, dawn.
hmmm but if they do DI behind you cant you just reverse drillshine and get them thats what i do but it work sometimes have not master it yet

You would have to guess right or know if they're going behind you. If you dash too far forwards, they can get out from behind you. If you hardly get them, they can DI away. Then when you shine or even before that you can get grabbed. Same concept for getting out of Falco's shine combos, except you smash Di the dair.
Also, that red text is really hard to read. :p

dawn001

Smash Ace
You would have to guess right or know if they're going behind you. If you dash too far forwards, they can get out from behind you. If you hardly get them, they can DI away. Then when you shine or even before that you can get grabbed. Same concept for getting out of Falco's shine combos, except you smash Di the dair.
Also, that red text is really hard to read. :p
oh ok i see hmmm what is the best way to get out of or what to do when falco is doing his pillars on you while you are shielding what can i do to get out of it before my shield breaks ?

If they dair too early you can grab after it hits your shield sometimes. You could also shine out of sheild I suppose. Might be hard to do it fast enough with hitlag and such, untill you're used to it at least. If you roll, a good Falco can just instantly react and dash and dair you. :p

dawn001

Smash Ace
If they dair too early you can grab after it hits your shield sometimes. You could also shine out of sheild I suppose. Might be hard to do it fast enough with hitlag and such, untill you're used to it at least. If you roll, a good Falco can just instantly react and dash and dair you. :p
oh ok thaks for the tip

samdaballer

Smash Ace
ok, im having trouble setting u for a waveshine. I know you can dair into it, buta what are some other options? thanks

samdaballer

Smash Ace
one more question, is there any trick to sweetspotting the ledge with firefox, i have alot of trouble doing that

Yomi

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble successfuly getting up from the edge with Fox against my friend's Marth. He finds this perfect distance where I'm not sure what to do. If I roll, he smashes me towards the opposite end. If I just get up, I will often have time to put up my shield, but his smash sends me back onto the edge. If I hop I might get hit with an F-smash. If I hop and Illusions I might get F-smashed. If I jump off the edge I will often be smashed or hit with a U-tilt. Do I need to wavedash onto the stage with shield on? There must be some other options.

Top Bottom