• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Dash dancing = tilting the control stick rapidly in both directions very quickly(it has a diferent timing for each character)to create a totally screwed animation that is supposed to confuse your opponent, you can also slow it down to space your self better plus is exellent for mindgaming people.

Waveshining means reflector and then wavedash out of it.

To silent wolf(I hope you'll answer this...): Can you waveshine>shl>waveshine>shl...(etc.) and make a combo with it ? I mean... in training mode the counter goes up 1 ,2.. etc. if you waveshine someone can you make it with a shl between each waveshine? and how many can you make?

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
dash dance = tap control stick back and forth left to right, dd

waveshining down = shine > wave dash down > shine > wave dash down . repeat, its like an infinite when your opponent is against a wall and don't fall when you shine them.

btw: double post, you double posted, if no one else has posted after you, edit your 1st post, its a rule =)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Dash dancing = tilting the control stick rapidly in both directions very quickly(it has a diferent timing for each character)to create a totally screwed animation that is supposed to confuse your opponent, you can also slow it down to space your self better plus is exellent for mindgaming people.

To silent wolf(I hope you'll answer this...): Can you waveshine>shl>waveshine>shl...(etc.) and make a combo with it ? I mean... in training mode the counter goes up 1 ,2.. etc. if you waveshine someone can you make it with a shl between each waveshine? and how many can you make?
I don't understand why you'd want to waveshine into SHL with fox repeatedly. Think about it. Is that really a useful technique? Waveshining, yes. SHL, yes. However, interchanging a SHL with a waveshine to make it a "combo" seems pointless when you could just grab or hit the opponent out of the waveshine. I guess if you're talkign about Luigi or Jigglypuff then yes, a proper FOLLOW-UP to the shine would be to maybe shoot some lasers but it's not really a combo. This is something you might find useful with Falco over Fox if anything.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
it works (at least on link). See Perfect Control (might be Perfect Control 2, don't remember). Don't see why it wouldn't work on non-links though.

I've only tried it on Link,b ut yeah, I can.

j00t

Smash Champion
What the heck is the point in waveshining to SHLing? Man, the new smashers are going to oblivion if they think that this is actually an acceptable technique :p

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I've only tried it on Link,b ut yeah, I can.
O_o How many times? I've tryed yesterday and I only got 3 but I was lucky anyway...

@Noobking and JWT2k6: The only reason I do it is for fun, I mean that thing is just too crazy, how many people you see doing it???Almost no one does it, true? That's why only people that have reached this level of technical skill can understand this things.

Don't bother doing it is near to useless and extremely difficult to do< someone who is smart will say this

But chances are maybe ..someday I'll do it to someone on a real match and everyone will be like---> OMG O_O wtf... See is just to show off... to impress people... that's all

j00t

Smash Champion
O_o How many times? I've tryed yesterday and I only got 3 but I was lucky anyway...

@Noobking and JWT2k6: The only reason I do it is for fun, I mean that thing is just too crazy, how many people you see doing it???Almost no one does it, true? That's why only people that have reached this level of technical skill can understand this things.

Don't bother doing it is near to useless and extremely difficult to do< someone who is smart will say this

But chances are maybe ..someday I'll do it to someone on a real match and everyone will be like---> OMG O_O wtf... See is just to show off... to impress people... that's all
Ahh, yeah, I get it now. I suppose the SHL is just a break to test the speed of your waveshines. I completely get it now, and i'm down for doing that stuff. But in the middle of a match? HEEEEECK no. Whoever said that, don't ever think like that again.

EDIT: Meh, I can only get up to 4.... I must be slipping.....

Ckit

Smash Rookie
is shl the same as shdl(in usefullness), and are jc shines helpful?

oskurito i liked the old avatar better...

Shök

Smash Champion
well it depends in the situation about the lasers, and yews the jump cancelled shines are usefull

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
If your facing a taller opponent that gets owned by shdl, then I'd say use it. Otherwise stick to the SHL, for with it, you have a lot more mobility.

When you saw JC shines do you mean JCed out of a shine? Like doubleshine?

Or just jumping out of a shine in general?

Ckit

Smash Rookie
who is cunning kitsune?

is he any good?

I think I can learn from him if he is good.

j00t

Smash Champion
a quick question on what characters can you do a thunder combo??
It's most useful on Fox and Falco, but you can also do it on everyone who falls down to the shine. (I think Young Link, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, and Roy fall into this category.) I probably messed up the list, but w/e. It'll probably tell you in SW's Thunders guide.

dawn001

Smash Ace
It's most useful on Fox and Falco, but you can also do it on everyone who falls down to the shine. (I think Young Link, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, and Roy fall into this category.) I probably messed up the list, but w/e. It'll probably tell you in SW's Thunders guide.
ok thanks!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
what is the best way to beat a sumus with fox????
take off all of her stocks before she takes off all of yours. also, you can do it by removing more stocks than she removes of yours when the time runs out.

try removing stocks off the top.

j00t

Smash Champion
what is the best way to beat a sumus with fox????
In general you want to use uair more often. You'll want to use waveshine combos less often, but when you do use them, do waveshine -> upsmash. She can CC your waveshines into a dsmash, which is why you want to use less waveshine combos and more uairs. Shine after your uair if you miss so she can't respond.

dawn001 said:
fox boards FTW?????
can fox DI JIGGLYPUFF U-THROW BEFORE THE REST?
Absolutely. DI left or right during the throw.

dawn001

Smash Ace
In general you want to use uair more often. You'll want to use waveshine combos less often, but when you do use them, do waveshine -> upsmash. She can CC your waveshines into a dsmash, which is why you want to use less waveshine combos and more uairs. Shine after your uair if you miss so she can't respond.

Absolutely. DI left or right during the throw.
thanks alot man..

samdaballer

Smash Ace
can someone list the characters you can and cannot waveshine (i mean shine, wavedash,shine) not like shine wd then usmash

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'm using cunnings tag? My name came from culty kitsune...

well i need help, i can't jc shine =/
you don't need to jc shine. if you've never heard of CK, i have a feeling you have much more to work on before jc shines. They're not even very good. Totally overrated.

can someone list the characters you can and cannot waveshine (i mean shine, wavedash,shine) not like shine wd then usmash
In order of length:

link
peach
zelda
Captain Falcon
DK
Ganondorf
Sheik
Bowser
Yoshi
Samus
---------- (dash required w/ JC shine)
Mario
Dr. Mario
Ness
Marth
ICs
Luigi

Ckit

Smash Rookie
I was just unfamiliar with CK

i know all others tho, like tink, m2k, ken, chillin, silent wolf.

j00t

Smash Champion
you don't need to jc shine. if you've never heard of CK, i have a feeling you have much more to work on before jc shines. They're not even very good. Totally overrated.

In order of length:

link
peach
zelda
Captain Falcon
DK
Ganondorf
Sheik
Bowser
Yoshi
Samus
---------- (dash required w/ JC shine)
Mario
Dr. Mario
Ness
Marth
ICs
Luigi
Hrmm, I don't think you need to dash after your waveshine against Marth, Mario and Dr. Mario. With a perfect waveshine, that is. >:x

I could be mistaken, though.

They'd be able to get out of it with smash DI, at least I'm positive Marth can. Ask Hylian, he would know.now I get what you're saying with all that scotu, should've read earlier. Dash>Shine like if you were to waveshine out of a dashdance.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
no, as in like shine>perfect waveshine>dash>jc shine. Marth can't get out of it. Not even w/ SDI. not even luigi can. that says something. you don't even need the momentum to start it. fox is just that awesome. I could be mistaken about exactly where the dash requiring line is. It might be before ness instead, but you need to dash to catch up to a DIing ness.

edit: what's the "DJ Maven" thing? i'm guessing that's where your tag "DJ-M" comes from, but what is it?

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah, Fox is one amazing little critter. I keep on telling this to everyone, but Fox's FS is gonna be giant-reflector-that-shinespikes-everyone attack.

I'm also wondering where the DJ-M comes from. Eggz plays as a DJ too, as well.

Top Bottom