• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
ok, sometimes with fox after shffling his aerials the shine doesnt come out and i know im not missing the l cancel because i can shffl his dair fair uair or bair across the stage like fast and consistently. Anyways is there any sort of timing that will make me more consistently hit the shine after shffling an aerial?

edit:

yomi, u can jump in an aerial dodge, probably not a good option or u can mind game him by fast falling then jumping up and sweet spotting the ledge until u see an opening.

chaos 9

Smash Cadet
n00b question but im ok

ok this is going to sound dumb but i use fox a lot, im pretty good but i cant incorporate waveshining into my game. how can i do it without messing up the rest of my game?

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
So only Fox can't tech Falco's dthrow. Are there any other characters like this? Can Fox tech another Fox's dthrow? Is it a chaingrab when Falco dthrows a Fox multiple times? Cuz in one video guide it said it was, but I'm kinda skeptical. I did see 3 grabs in a row done to a Fox by a Falco in one match though.
i got this video not too long ago, watch the really small chainthrow in it at the near beginning of the vid lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvghuvqijLs

EDIT: that fox i fight is better then my fox!

Button Smash

Smash Rookie
Maybe I could get some help here. Whats the best way to shine out of a shield. (buttons pressed) C-stick for uair easier?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
What button should I use to jump?
For shine out of the shield you can use the c-stick to jump then press down+B as soon as possible(if you do it enough fast you wont leave the ground) or you can slide your thumb from x/y to B (same motion as multishining)

Oskurito

Smash Lord
what do you mean ? ok first shield then you use the c-stick ! hmm witch dirrection?
You can flick/press/hold the c-stick UP while shielding to jump, this can be useful when trying to shine out of the shield

dawn001

Smash Ace
You can flick/press/hold the c-stick UP while shielding to jump, this can be useful when trying to shine out of the shield
oh i see what you mean! a quick question to anyone that knows the answer what is faster or do you need fast fingers but here is the question..what is faster to short hop with X and the A button, or Y and the A and alot the same thing<----------but instead of pressing the A using the Z ?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
can anyone sh double laser with their thumb? like pressing x, moving thumb to b etc. cause i can only do it using my middle and index finger, but thats pretty unpractical in a game.

brawlpro

Smash Master
i use y to b because i use the claw method(i think thats what its called) i slide my thumb from up to down, they are about the same speed, just slide ur thumb from whatever butto to a, it won't have a noticible difference, as for the z button, that button should only be used for the power sheild edgehog, lol its smushed meaning, its a laggy button, it takes me longer to press it down =(

EDIT: for the shdl thumb thing, i shdl with my thumb and a lot others do too...use the claw method;)

Miharu

Smash Hero
Don't wory about which buttons to use; it all really comes down to personal preference. Just play around with stuff and see which combination is most comfortable for you.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Don't wory about which buttons to use; it all really comes down to personal preference. Just play around with stuff and see which combination is most comfortable for you.
yep, and my friend holds his controller soo weirdly, like he has both his thumb and index finger on the control stick, but lol he can still play good nuff, same skill as me i beleive, (just gotta wait to fight him in a real tourney under tourney rules to find out):laugh:

dawn001

Smash Ace
yep, and my friend holds his controller soo weirdly, like he has both his thumb and index finger on the control stick, but lol he can still play good nuff, same skill as me i beleive, (just gotta wait to fight him in a real tourney under tourney rules to find out):laugh:
well thanks but not the Z ok cool i mean i use the Z but i notice that right after i use it and my fox hits the ground i cant L - cancel because it light shields! *stupid Z button* lol

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Any general advice on how to properly wield the shine? Like a proper method of practice on how to do all the shine combos, such as the Jump-Cancelled Shine infinite and waveshining?

brawlpro

Smash Master
uh, jc shine, hold down the control stick and alternatly press Y > B > Y > B > Y > B > etc, but there is a good timing you need to learn, go try it in slo mo first i guess...

shine infinite, shine > wdash down > shine > etc...meh wall em, and get a good rythm of wavedashing down after each shine or else you will get grabbed.

waveshining, err just practice it across final destination, well i'm outz, class ends, bbl in like 5 hours to help out my smash brothers, and to get help lol

Falken

Smash Apprentice
Well due to Fox laser spam he can almost always make the foe come to him. So then you could only focus on doing something defensive when the foe comes and get the hit and start a combo.
So what is the ultimate defensive style? What counters can you do for each approach?
Like a full jump nair or something is the solution to counter a shffl?

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
i use y to b because i use the claw method(i think thats what its called) i slide my thumb from up to down, they are about the same speed, just slide ur thumb from whatever butto to a, it won't have a noticible difference, as for the z button, that button should only be used for the power sheild edgehog, lol its smushed meaning, its a laggy button, it takes me longer to press it down =(

EDIT: for the shdl thumb thing, i shdl with my thumb and a lot others do too...use the claw method;)
PROTIP: That is not the claw method.

Button Smash

Smash Rookie
Okay, so I could jump with the c-stick and shine. I'm not really comfortable with pressing certain buttons because I can't really do it. X to B is too slow for me. Y to B isn't the best but I can do them once in a while.

Is it really possible to SHDL constantly with X or Y to jump? I use the control-stick.

The way I play my defensive fox is run away, DD, turn around SHDL and attack during their reckless smash.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, there is only one Claw Method. You hold your hand like a claw, with each finger over a button on the controller and thumb on the C-Stick. It's pretty self-explanatory.

I'm pretty sure you're holding the controller normally.

SCOTU

Smash Hero

I can't actually undesrtand at all what you're saying., but i'm guessing maybe you're talking about the light shield edgehog? that can be done w/ R or L as well. Also if you're saying Z is no good, it's actually an extremely convenient button for many things.

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
Hey SW, ive seen some of your vids and ive seen that you sometimes do the firefox diagonally and you grab the ledge immediately.

What do i have to do to learn this??

----------------------------------------------
SPACE ANIMALS RULE ALL
YOU THINK IM LYING
LETS BRAWL!!!
:chuckle:

Shinku

Smash Champion
3 qs for SW

1. going against a marth with fox on FD is bad right? pokemon stadium would be better? stage wise.

2. what do you think of the new fox for brawl? does he look cool to you or no?

3. are you going to the next c3? via ashburn, VA oct 20?

3 qs for SW

1. going against a marth with fox on FD is bad right? pokemon stadium would be better? stage wise.

2. what do you think of the new fox for brawl? does he look cool to you or no?

3. are you going to the next c3? via ashburn, VA oct 20?
Stadium>FD for that match up.

Fox looks good enough to use, but he could be better.

Not going to C3.

noobmaster

Smash Apprentice
its probably been asked thousands of times but any advice on multishining??? I don't know when to cancel the jump with the shine, i always mess up and just jump.

Top Bottom