• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

1337pengwin

Smash Rookie
ya, its just i have more problems with the upB. not so much when I illusion.

So the 20-35 frames or w/e they are when I get hit? Cause I've seen some stuff that says to press it in the middle of the movement, like as you are firing towards the stage. I'll try it out. thanks.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
press it right when you get hit =P

and use the illusion to get on the stage too!
Actually you can't tech during hit lag. In fact this will make you miss your tech 100% of the time. You need to tech within 20 frames of the collision animation with the ledge, so press L/R immediately BEFORE getting hit or immediately after. Normally you have very little time afterward so you should do it before getting hit. Smash DI during the hitlag.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
ty. yeah, I didn't think brawlpro was right. does smashing DI cause the tech wall jump instead of doing the tech fall?
No, smash DIing just makes you more likely to collide with the wall so that you CAN tech. To do the wall jump, hold X or Y during the tech.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I've been wondering: When you dash and do a dash canceled shine for a follow-up, I heard that dashing and instead of dash canceling --> shine, I should instead dash --> JC the shine. Is that true? Why? I think it's because to dash cancel, you need to wait until after the dash animation frames before you can cancel the dash. I guess JC'ing is to shine quicker out of a dash, perhaps to hit targets like Marth, for perhaps waveshine combos and such?

Also, I've been having trouble waveshining Marth and a few other characters like Ness (he's not so bad). When I'm in training mode, and I waveshine Marth, it says in the consecutive hits bar that I'm hitting him multiple times, but idk, I'm not really sure since it kinda feels longer.....too long -- the waveshine intervals I mean. What I do know is that nairshining works on Marth. What else works? Maybe Waveshine --> dash --> JC shine? Or maybe drillshine repetitions?

How come people can DI shines (DI'ing away), but not an upthrow (DI'ing upwards)?
I know, double post...
Can someone answer these? At least the first two?

Another question: When you shine out of a shield, is it possible to have the shine come out when you're on the ground, like a JC'ed shine? Also, when shining out of a shield, what is a good height -- how high off the ground should you be for this to be effective? A picture or a vid would be nice.

I don't quite remember, but I think dair damages the shield the most, nair has least lag upon landing, and bair has the most lag upon landing. Could someone verify this? What about fair and uair?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
ASDIng into the wall makes you have more chance to tech a hit, for example you get hit by marth's f-smash but you weren't enough close to the edge this is when you ASDI into the edge and you'll go near the edge being able to tech afterwards this doesn't work when you're too far away(when he tippers you) but idk maybe if you perfect SDI you can do the tech.

Shök

Smash Champion
yeah, how do you do it, hey redyoshi, do you have any videos dude?

Shök

Smash Champion
i want to put some more up, you know either just training againts a cp, or maybe agains a better person, well can you give me some advice on my thread?

Shök

Smash Champion
he only told me all of that on looking at the first video, at that time, i didnt have all the other videos

Wtfuwantfrome

Smash Rookie
ok, so i've got a problem picturing and understanding the concept of jabbing in a fight and incoorperating it in a waveshine combo....i just recently became an up to date ssbm player and started up with lcancel and sffls etc.
are there any videos up (increments of time?) that show the usage of jab.
if its in a thread then just post a link pls =)

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I know, double post...

Another question: When you shine out of a shield, is it possible to have the shine come out when you're on the ground, like a JC'ed shine? Also, when shining out of a shield, what is a good height -- how high off the ground should you be for this to be effective? A picture or a vid would be nice.

I don't quite remember, but I think dair damages the shield the most, nair has least lag upon landing, and bair has the most lag upon landing. Could someone verify this? What about fair and uair?
...could someone answer these? ...don't ignore me...the list of questions only get larger if none of them are answered...

BTW, thanks for answering some of the q's Brawlpro.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
I know, double post...

Well, i asked Cunning Kitsune about this on AIM, and he said
Originally posted by CunningKitsune

CraftyKitsune (3:55:24 PM): it is possible to shine on the ground out of a shield; the concept is exactly the same as JC'ing repeated shines except with a shield. your first "knee-bend" frames register the initial jump and thus cancel the shield, allowing you to shine while still technically on the ground. ideally, one would want to shine as low to the ground as possible in order to avoid shining above your target's head.

I'm not too sure about the prospects of shield damage, but, if I recall correctly, nair has the least landing "lag," followed by dair, then uair, and then fair with the most lag.

just off the top of my head. he should check a frames list to be absolutely sure.
well, i don't know where the frame list is, but cunning told me its by SuperDoodleMan. The link to it is on superdoodleman's sig, but i'll try to find him to be sure...

give ALL the credit to my good friend Cunning =D

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I've been wondering: When you dash and do a dash canceled shine for a follow-up, I heard that dashing and instead of dash canceling --> shine, I should instead dash --> JC the shine. Is that true? Why? I think it's because to dash cancel, you need to wait until after the dash animation frames before you can cancel the dash. I guess JC'ing is to shine quicker out of a dash, perhaps to hit targets like Marth, for perhaps waveshine combos and such?

Also, I've been having trouble waveshining Marth and a few other characters like Ness (he's not so bad). When I'm in training mode, and I waveshine Marth, it says in the consecutive hits bar that I'm hitting him multiple times, but idk, I'm not really sure since it kinda feels longer.....too long -- the waveshine intervals I mean. What I do know is that nairshining works on Marth. What else works? Maybe Waveshine --> dash --> JC shine? Or maybe drillshine repetitions?

How come people can DI shines (DI'ing away), but not an upthrow (DI'ing upwards)?
Sorry, some of the things I wanted to ask wasn't on my last post...yeah, it's a chunk to read and sort of confusing...could someone answer these?

Well, i asked Cunning Kitsune about this on AIM, and he said
well, i don't know where the frame list is, but cunning told me its by SuperDoodleMan. The link to it is on superdoodleman's sig, but i'll try to find him to be sure...

give ALL the credit to my good friend Cunning =D
Oh, ok, thanks Cunning; and thanks Brawlpro for finding out my q's and fowarding Cunning's message to me.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I'm 500% sure I don't have the PAL version. It just started today because I was messing around against lvl 1 CPU's. If this keeps on happening I'm gonna be gimped a lot if I play a Fox...

Top Bottom