• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Doc's up-b always trades w/ fox's bair, know that for edgeguarding.

Brawl Pro, you comming to SAD circuit event? if so, MM?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
is that better than dsmash/fsmash for edgeguarding?..i assume you meant from the ledge..sorry jumping in on this conversation halfway through;p

SCOTU

Smash Hero
not strictly better, just another option. the ledgedropped/ ledgehopped bair works well, as well as the run off the platform and bair (stage dependant).

Miharu

Smash Hero
Do it in an instance where you would use shine, but don't have the invincibility frames, can't time it, etc.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
also works well if you're playing against someone like doc/ marth, who use side-b's to aid their recovery, and are hosed if they lose their momentum. If you're on the edge, and they side-b, drop down and rail them, if they're a little far back for a shine.

Brookman

Smash Hero
ohh...well, in that case...

You could potentially use it to fly out and then turn around and back air someone...or double jump a shine spike..

I'd just reserve that **** for fooling around though.

Silent Wolf, do you know about running to the edge and then turning around and jumping to instant edge hog?

I used to see it all the time by accident, but I never knew how to do it till recently. It's pretty cool.

D

Deleted member

My friend claims that he did a chillin dash but the reflector didn't come up as he went off the edge... he fell slowly, as if the reflector was up, but any input on this would be of help...

Brookman

Smash Hero
yea, that's a pretty funny glitch. You just need to time the shine for like, right as you go off the stage,

D

Deleted member

Yeah that's what I thought too... figured that he put up the reflector the same frame he went off the ledge, causing the game to think that the reflector was up while he was falling off... I'm certain it has no point though, except for maybe a mind game, but that's too much effort...

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
While hanging, hit back on the control stick then right after that it up - b. Or hit down-b then up- b.
*shrug*

Half demon beat me to the post.

Hey guys, I mastered firefox stall, it wasn't hard, but the illusion stall is super hard. How do I do it >_<*, like, i mistime by half a second or sumthing he misses the ledge.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
While hanging, hit back on the control stick then right after that it up - b. Or hit down-b then up- b.
*shrug*

Half demon beat me to the post.

Hey guys, I mastered firefox stall, it wasn't hard, but the illusion stall is super hard. How do I do it >_<*, like, i mistime by half a second or sumthing he misses the ledge.
The easiest way is to use the c-stick to drop and press over b as soon as you c-stick. The harder way is to use the control stick only, and how you do this is by barely moving the control stick just enough to let go, then quickly press over b. I can do fox's illusion stall both ways. ^_^

Falco's seems a little harder then Fox's illusion stall.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
i doubt you've mastered the firestall, there's a difference between being able to do it and being able to do it imperviously.

how to illusion stall - let go, illusion.

in other words - don't worry about it, since it's strictly worse than the firestall.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
None of Fox's stalls are any good for actual indefinite stalling. You will almost certainly get hit or screw up if you just sit there firefox stalling over and over. When I had AR I calculated you need frame perfect timing to have no vulnerability frames. Same with illusion stall, I believe.

Scotu--why is illusion stall worse than firefox stall? Except for the fact that it doesn't work on BF and PS...Problem with the firefox stall is people getting to your flames.

Brookman said:
Silent Wolf, do you know about running to the edge and then turning around and jumping to instant edge hog?

I used to see it all the time by accident, but I never knew how to do it till recently. It's pretty cool.
Yeah. What I'd like to try and do out of it is this:
Hit them with the shine that gets canceled by the jump at the ledge, fast fall a bit under them, and double shine. Sort of like a triple shine spike. :p

My friend claims that he did a chillin dash but the reflector didn't come up as he went off the edge... he fell slowly, as if the reflector was up, but any input on this would be of help...
It also disappears when you shine on a platform when stadium is changing.

2pac29

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guyz, Mind if I ask for some HELP!!!

Fox Has always been my MAIN but for some reson everytime I play my friends Falco he alwayz seems to have the upper hand, mostly because he uses the "Short-Hop Laser/Blaster" combo on me which is sooo annoying..but According to smashwiki.com it is one of the best approach tactic in the game. I have no idea how to Stop this PLZ PLZ HELP!!!

Thankz!!!

LuCKy

Smash Master
anyone know how to ledge hop laser and land back on the edge? i know silent wolf knows but hes probly too good to answer

dawn001

Smash Ace
Hey Guyz, Mind if I ask for some HELP!!!

Fox Has always been my MAIN but for some reson everytime I play my friends Falco he alwayz seems to have the upper hand, mostly because he uses the "Short-Hop Laser/Blaster" combo on me which is sooo annoying..but According to smashwiki.com it is one of the best approach tactic in the game. I have no idea how to Stop this PLZ PLZ HELP!!!

Thankz!!!
am not sure if my advice can help you but there are a coulple of things you can do vs a falco
1. is all mindgame if you know he will start SHL you can reflect and keep it like that so that he wont use it and maybe that will make him come towards you and thats your apportunity to attack..
2.dont go to forward towards him when his is SHL you can always mindgame him for an open attck like double jumping towards him trying to get close to him then attack...
3.trying to get close to him as possible then when his is SHL shield cause most likely he will start pillaring you so shied grab him up-throw and upsmash..
thats all i can tell you i just woke up so sorry if my grammar or my sense of writing helps..

anyone know how to ledge hop laser and land back on the edge? i know silent wolf knows but hes probly too good to answer
what do you mean like when you are haning from the edge then come up with double lasers will if thats what you mean if very simple...

1. first offcourse you have to be hanging on the edge then you tap your control stick down as soon as your character falls tap your control stick upwards or you can use the Y OR X to jump then when your character is on midair try to move your character towards to the edge so you will land on the stage..anyways when you jump back toward the stage on midair press B as fast as you can so fox will shoot most likely fox will shoot 2 lasers...

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Brookman and Oskurito!

Yeah, I have the same problem too - the waveshine comboes in battle. Everything else though I have down (lasers, edge stuff, tech, CG, shffl's, wavedash).

Okay, so I just watched your vid, and I noticed that your bro doesn't use advanced tech. Heh, it's like me and my sis playing together. Is he your only opponent? Cause my sis is the my only opponent most of the time (and the only real match for me - compared to everyone else that I play against).

First, I noticed that you didn't laser like at all. I guess the moment just didn't arise for you? Also, you seem shaky with wavedashes. Work on those so you can edge hog faster - much faster. Work on shffl's and other basics; it couldn't hurt. You're a little weak in some of those areas.

You should also find other ways to grab the ledge quickly, like running off and illusioning. Also, remember the shinespike (If you didn't remember that is...). I think you should also work on your ledge recovery, like edge hopped attacks or illusion, stalls, and other mindgames while on the ledge. Tech better (sorry if I'm being blunt, but I'm trying to type this up fast).

Careful about using the dash attack too much. I couldn't help, but feel it was used more than it should've been used. By the way, when you're off the stage and you firefox, you should generally aim toward the stage, not away - especially if the stage has a curved wall - that way, you can grind up the wall and shorten your distance to the ledge. I noticed you fired away on one of your stocks, when you should've fired straight up. You MIGHT've made it; shooting away is a guaranteed loss of a stock.

When you firefox, it's generally better to try and sweetspot the ledge, rather than go straight for the opponent. Oh, and when you get sent flying, it really helps (I think) to shine and then jc it into a firefox toward the stage. That's because when you're sent flying, and then you shine, all momentum stops, so you don't keep flying (also, it's like an alternate to having to airtech).

I don't know if this is so good or not, maybe someone else can correct me, but I think it's better to shine and reflect Falco's lasers rather than shield - especially if that Falco doesn't play with advanced tech. I think you could've been more short hop oriented, but I might be wrong about this; maybe someone else could clear this up for me. I know it's a lot of things, but that's just what I noticed from watching that video.
Yea but like i said that was a month ago i use wavedashes morei almost always do the techs when i need em and yea its nice to have an "air tech" but i kinda forget to use itwhen i have to .

Besides the falco i have another brother which at this point they may not be easy to beat but they never beat me.

My only challenge is a friend got that uses luigi hes pretty good.

And before i didnt know about the diagonal firefox to the edge i use it know.

About when i firefoxed away from the stage it was just fooling around since i know i wouldntve gotten up but i wouldnt do it in a serious match.

But thx alot man ill take your advice and laser some more and ill cut down on the dashing A

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
You just have to let go, jump, and laser, with no delay between the button inputs. It's a totally pointless technique.

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol thanks i know its useless but i was just bored and i couldnt do it i but gimpyfish told me how lol

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
lol thanks i know its useless but i was just bored and i couldnt do it i but gimpyfish told me how lol
There isn't much room for error--it might require frame perfect timing actually. I don't have AR anymore or I'd check...

Junpappy

Smash Lord
It's not too hard to perform it if you hit the c-stick with your left hand and slide your thumb from y to b as if you were multishining.

down, jump, Y. very easy
try shine turn around ones form the ledge, and then sweet spot with the >b. those are cooler. may as well go all out if tyring something so useless :p

LuCKy

Smash Master
down, jump, Y. very easy
try shine turn around ones form the ledge, and then sweet spot with the >b. those are cooler. may as well go all out if tyring something so useless :p
wait what? shine turn around laser then side b? lol ill try it later

now that i think abur it whats the most technical stuff to do with fox?

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
I dont know if people have done this before or if it is any good but if youre in the edge how about dropping and shining right away turning around, jumping to get back on the stage with a B-air.

Top Bottom