• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Jesus aka jman

Smash Cadet
Yea deff can't wait to be at the next tourney deff feel like I got that drive again

I wish I could go to evo but money Is deff the issue in that department

Cactus give me a call 717-585-4751 we need to bring that old training back lol and I'm serious this time

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Cactus give me a call bro 717-585-4751

We have to start playing again like the old days get things back the way they used to be

super like this

will the godfathers of the neutral air return to their former glory!?

edit: btw Jman I just sent you a private message, make sure you check it

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
question do you guys find SHDL camping fun with fox...i find it amazing lol... **** is to fun....i got my friends so mad it works wonders on slow floaties ..' ( i was camping my friends ganon on big stages like dreamland / stadium battalefield / FD and 2-3 stocked him a good amount of times )

imma be that lame technical fox the SHDL betwwen dash dances and spacing lol imma make ppl mad and love it

i think imma co main fox/falco ..cause fox is so fun right now he's super smooth i see why ppl love him so much .....

Jesus aka jman

Smash Cadet
So I just saw Dj vs unknown

Bro the match up is real easy believe me I played it 1000 times when I live in ny with Dj lol

U grab run shoot run hit run up till u can kill him with like a nair or bair up smash or something

you stay away from the ledge till bowser has 100% or more so that he can't hit you with the dumb get up attack

That's how u beat bowser and u don't Pressure his shield that's not gonna get u no where

And don't worry about losing to the low teir it happens remember I was the first person to lose to the pika axe be4 every found out about how good he was at genesis 1

Like I said it happens sometimes when u don't no the match up just pick ya head up and don't let it happen again

Moth101

Smash Rookie
I've been watching Mango's Fox games at Zenith again and been trying to get the running shine, wavedash nair shine combo. But whenever I do the nair I just loose all momentum and can't follow up with the second shine. Do you have to put a dash in before the nair?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Fox's FJ basically does him no favours vs grounded Bowser because of how the outcomes of Fox's falling aerials vs Bowser's shield and Up+B (and the rest of his character) works out.

Bowser also fares decently vs styles that emphasize intensive platform play (the bair footsie from side plat) and is generally good at combat at high altitude. He's good at these because of his enormous aerial hitboxes, his strong air grab, and weight. The air grab forces opponents to exit shield or they get *****. This usually means jump, which is where enormous hitboxes is useful. He can get nicked by a lot of weak hits and counterattack with some manner of Up+B or FF to land first and hit them out of their attack's duration (especially good vs sex kicks) and so forth.

This is basically why Bowser, though bad, has a semblance of a cohesive game vs Fox. Counterattack characters tend to do well vs low range characters. For Fox to win this like the unfair match it is, you have to tug Bowser along with your mobility and abuse that Bowser has almost no stage presence outside of his immediate area. He has terrible reach and commits heavily if he moves forward doing anything. Grab him and shark his descent. Emphasize hitting up tilts, uairs, and strong sex kicks for comboing or it probably won't work. U-smash to uair works if they DI the u-smash in, so use the edge trap..:dizzy:

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Hax is probably the best Falcon but he's been known to drop matches against lesser players (e.g. Swedish Delight). His loss to Abate could be attributed to that perhaps. Generally speaking, Falcon is mad good. Players who think he's anywhere close to low tier are in fantasy land.

and I'm with Ado, I want to hear justification for that claim (aside from his questionable up+b)

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
idk i feel like falcon is barley high tier....he's easy to combo..easy to ed-guard and very easy to gimp and just run a train on....he outta shield options can be nullified and deemed useless with great spacing and he has such a hard time with alot of the cast its like...most high tiers just wreck everyone when falcon has a bunch of 40-60 mu and example is like how do luigi players place higher then falcon players at big majors...3 Luigi in top 25 i believe and 1 falcon at zenith .....i aslo think characters like Doc are pretty much even with falon on the tier list cause they have the same problems and pretty much get alot of the same things on high tiers yet doc gets more things against falcon worst mu's ....the meta is changing so basically falcon gotta run away the who game and fish for a grab or nair that leads into a tech chase situation ....if it weren't for his go to setups hed be so asss like ppl with great combo di ruin falcon ..but thats what i think ..i exaggerated with the low tier stuff though

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
Hax is probably the best Falcon but he's been known to drop matches against lesser players (e.g. Swedish Delight). His loss to Abate could be attributed to that perhaps. Generally speaking, Falcon is mad good. Players who think he's anywhere close to low tier are in fantasy land.

and I'm with Ado, I want to hear justification for that claim (aside from his questionable up+b)
btw Swedish delight is very good and is really up and coming as a top player .... no where near a lesser player more like hax can beat um more often but Swedish can pull of wins

kd-

Smash Lord
Not really my space to say so, but you could say the same thing about Fox, like:

idk i feel like Fox is barley high tier....he's easy to combo..easy to ed-guard can read his recoveries and very easy to gimp and just run a train on....he outta shield options can be nullified and deemed useless with great spacing and he has such a hard time with alot of the cast its like...most high tiers just wreck everyone when falcon has a bunch of 40-60 mu and example is like how does Samus beat Fox (Esam-Javi, Duck-Unknown), Other low tiers having good fights with Fox despite matchup swings, luigi players place higher then falcon players at big majors...3 Luigi in top 25 i believe and 1 falcon at zenith .....i aslo think characters like Doc are pretty much even with falon on the tier list cause they have the same problems and pretty much get alot of the same things on high tiers yet doc gets more things against falcon worst mu's ....the meta is changing so basically falcon gotta run away the who game Fox gotta run away and laser the whole game and fish for a grab or nair or upsmash or bair that leads into a tech chase/guaranteed followup from throw situation ....if it weren't for his go to setups hed be so asss like ppl with great combo di ruin falcon ..but thats what i think ..i exaggerated with the low tier stuff though
You're probably going to have to talk more in-depth about Falcon's character as a whole to back up your claim, i.e. I think Falcon's punishment game is enough for him not to be low tier

unknown522

Some guy
lovin the luv.

I haven't been on a PC/laptop in a while, and the boards are unusable on mobile. I read all of the posts already, I just couldn't reply until now. Now there's too many to respond to.

Anyways, Zenith was a sad performance ~ My lowest placing in like 2 years + embarrassing losses in every event. It was a fun weekend nonetheless. It could've been better, but that's not the fault of the tourney/organizers.

Shoutouts to milkman for being only fox main I played that whole weekend. I think there were maybe like 6 fox mains in total at the tourney. That's crazy.

G

genkaku

wait, so I accidentally just canceled dash attack into grab
I didn't know this was a thing
does it have any real utility?

eternisedDragon

Smash Cadet
Boost grab is useful. For example try moonwalking with fox then hit a and short after that the R/L input.
If you do it right you´ll see the dust of your canceled dash attack animation and dash really fast in the opposite direction you were moving before with your moonwalk.
It´s reach is unexpectedly far.

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
Not really my space to say so, but you could say the same thing about Fox, like:

You're probably going to have to talk more in-depth about Falcon's character as a whole to back up your claim, i.e. I think Falcon's punishment game is enough for him not to be low tier
fox can run trough the whole cast, with ease if played at his best , he's fast , agile , and just to good ...his only weakness...is he's combo food , but can survive cause his recovery is good ...but predictable and easy to react to ....but 70% of the time a fox will come back and then reek havoc if he gets one solid nair or shine ....mango's fox at zenith is a perfect example.....did you not seeeeeee his match against PP on Dream land...ppl last to stocks gone in like 40 seconds ....that is the power of fox right there

Jesus aka jman

Smash Cadet
lovin the luv.

I haven't been on a PC/laptop in a while, and the boards are unusable on mobile. I read all of the posts already, I just couldn't reply until now. Now there's too many to respond to.

Anyways, Zenith was a sad performance ~ My lowest placing in like 2 years + embarrassing losses in every event. It was a fun weekend nonetheless. It could've been better, but that's not the fault of the tourney/organizers.

Shoutouts to milkman for being only fox main I played that whole weekend. I think there were maybe like 6 fox mains in total at the tourney. That's crazy.
lovin the luv.

R u goin to evo?? If u r u no we got to friendly. That's if in able to go of course lol

Jesus aka jman

Smash Cadet
If u don't Ill rep for the fox players just like the old times this time is just a lil different

One question is there anything new that I should know about since I have been away for a while

And did u guys see the Tactic mango was useing to beat dr **** or am I the only one who Noticed?

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is the tactic you're talking about, but I noticed Mango was running up, shielding and then reacting according to what Peepee did next. It was pretty amazing because I always thought Falco thrives off people shielding a lot, but Mango managed to move so fast that he could go from defensive to offensive play really quick.

PS: Did you guys see Silent Wolf at North West Majors? SO GOOD.

G

genkaku

mango's been doing that to everyone for a bit. It's really really bad when his reactions aren't on point, though.
I thought the set with pp was interesting 'cause they kept calling each other out with hyper aggressive positioning. It looked like there was sooo much between the lines.

Jesus aka jman

Smash Cadet
Yea that's what I'm talking about it looked really gay I loved it lmaooo

Imma have to start using that vs falco it looked like it closes space between fox and falco so falco really can't shoot to many laser to controll the stage without getting a nair or dair to the face

It's a Mixture of offense and defense at the same time because foxes out of shield options are so good And it's a different approach so you can mix it up

And all U have to do is just react to what your Opponent throws at you I should have thought of this my self when i played to be Honest lol

U may be risking getting grabbed more but I rather get grabbed then dair combo by falco any day of the week

I'm jut saying what do u guys think ?

Top Bottom