• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Geez

Smash Cadet
What so u mean by that KK cause you play the easiest char to play good with all the time

I take that back the second jiggs is the first

:phone:

voorhese

Smash Master
I wasn't disagreeing. Just pointing out that IC's and falcon follow him. And they have a hard time placing top 8 as well (minus a few specific people)

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I also ate too much bad food for my sensitive stomach... after barely losing to hbox I just crashed. I sat on a chair with my eyes closed for more than an hour and just tried to make my stomach pain go away ( I really shouldve been getting comfy with my new controller during this time), and I had to go straight to playing Javi.
Hey before you said you didn't respect people with bad health. Or maybe it's organ-specific?

CloudiestNights

Smash Rookie
Alright, this is probably a stupid question that has been answered already (or is well known) but I don't have enough days to look through the past 1905 pages.

Anyways, I was wondering if you had a name for -and any info on- the technique that turns fox's over B into a sort of dodge or a weaker attack when you press B a second time. I just discovered this an hour or so ago when I was mashing B, and I've been trying to nail down the timing.

Geez

Smash Cadet
For real that's y when I did play I aways try to stick to the must simple **** so that I don't mess up so much

Cause in top game play 1 Mistake = a stock

:phone:

Lovage

Smash Hero
Alright, this is probably a stupid question that has been answered already (or is well known) but I don't have enough days to look through the past 1905 pages.

Anyways, I was wondering if you had a name for -and any info on- the technique that turns fox's over B into a sort of dodge or a weaker attack when you press B a second time. I just discovered this an hour or so ago when I was mashing B, and I've been trying to nail down the timing.
yea you can cancel the illusion at 5 different lengths if you press B at the right time

edit: smoking 1 for jman

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
I have been playing melee in tournaments for about 9 months or so, and I feel like I have achieved a pretty good technical level on my fox. I am still unclear on a few of his more advanced techniques. How the hell can I get fox to moonwalk? I can moonwalk fine with captain falcon, but I cannot seem to do it with fox. What separates his moonwalk from falcons in terms of button input. Is it a speed thing and im not doing it fast enough?, or is it that you move the analog differently? Another technique i would like to get down pat is turnaround waveshines. I can turnaround waveshine edgehog, but i cannot turnaround waveshine > turnaround waveshine. I know both of these techniques are mostly for flashiness, but i feel like that if i can get a feel for everything difficult and flashy, it would look good as well as giving me a confidence boost. I want to take a few characters to a high level of play, fox being one of them, and to me that also includes being able to do all/most advanced techs with him. If any of you can share with me how you do these techniques, i would greatly appreciate it.

Zoler

Smash Ace
dd bait to get him to swing

then beat the **** out of him

if he's patient then you probly just have to wait a little longer than usual for him to swing

so basically

be more patient
If you know he's gonna swing for sure you can just run up and shield it.

Top Bottom