• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Moooose

Smash Champion
it's much harder than doing the waveshine for multiple reasons

and I say this as someone who has put many, many hours into ledgedashing and integrate it as part of my game plan
I mean I've also grinded out ledgedashes for hours and by this point I'm way more likely to die trying to waveshine off as opposed to regularly ledgedashing
you two have the best ledge wd's of anyone i've played

unknown522

Some guy
So you guys r talking advice from a shiek main O_o No offense to KK I'm just saying

:phone:
KK's fox is legit. It may be in the top 5 foxes.

Don't let his game vs fly skew your judgement though

@ KD- alright. Sorry about that. They really can't CC drill.

@ voorhese: d-throw sucks. Even worse on platforms. If they hold to a side, they will just slide off the platform.

RyeJew

Smash Journeyman
I'm not top 5 though >_>
You're sure close and up there in my book.
I remember re-watching the big house 2 footage of when you went fox on Fly's ics, Vro was dissing on your fox for the first minute or so of the match (since you main Sheik of course). He was quick to withdraw his insults and complement it haha.

@Unknown- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion is a great anime with an amazing soundtrack and english dubbing (opposed to reading 1xxxx lines of loosely translated dialogue when subbed).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Unknown is so flattering.

I'm not top 5 though >_>

Let's not be AZ kthanks
I like your Fox, KK.

Also, Unknown, have you ever seen Heroic Age? It's not too bad. I'm not particularly fond of the dub, but if it's readily available I suppose it's a jagged pill to swallow. There's also some other anime out there about a dude who looks like King from freaking Tekken. Can't remember the name of the show, but it was a really awesome take on Western-esque fantasy.

/two cents

Smooth Criminal

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
you two have the best ledge wd's of anyone i've played
As flattering as that is I don't think I was ledgedashing well at BH2 haha

Maybe at RoM5 I'll show everyone
Or Apex when I'll have time to actually practice <_<

@KK
I like the RoboFox :bee:

unknown522

Some guy
I like your Fox, KK.

Also, Unknown, have you ever seen Heroic Age? It's not too bad. I'm not particularly fond of the dub, but if it's readily available I suppose it's a jagged pill to swallow. There's also some other anime out there about a dude who looks like King from freaking Tekken. Can't remember the name of the show, but it was a really awesome take on Western-esque fantasy.

/two cents

Smooth Criminal
I'll check it out

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Teach me how to play while high, because last time I tried, I got thoroughly wrecked, even though at the time I thought I did well LOL. It even was recorded and made me look terrible :c
mind high: really hard to stay focused on the match, but if you play blazed often enough then you'll get used to it (probably won't play better though, just different)

body high: your gameplay/thought process will definitely slow down and you're probably ****ed unless you're playing a character that can't rush you down but if you drink something with caffeine or an energy drink then you'll be relaxed but still mentally awake

for the record though, I think playing sober people suxxxx when you're high

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Edit: oh yeah Apasher, I watched your vid to give advice. I am at a loss for words. Sometimes you make some really good decisions. Other times, I'm not sure whether you are severely messing up tech skill, or of these are the things you want to do. So I can't give real advice.

Either you need more tech skill, or you need to re-evaluate your concept of spacing. I really can't tell which.

Where did you notice this in the vid? Will you give me an example?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Bones is the business. So much good insight.
^_^

I mean I've also grinded out ledgedashes for hours and by this point I'm way more likely to die trying to waveshine off as opposed to regularly ledgedashing
Except in our last match where you SDed like twice in 3 games by airdodging below the stage. :x

LMAO Wenbo you're strange. <3 Now I know your secrets.

Your ledgedashing in friendlies is the most perfect I've seen in seven years... in tournament its another story. ;)
LOL

anime's gay watch a movie you nerds
Word.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
What can I do after a Sheik drops a near perfect F-air L-cancel on my shield? Usually, any action I take after that gets me jab > grabbed. Is her F-air on shield safe when timed right, or can I roll away?

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
What can I do after a Sheik drops a near perfect F-air L-cancel on my shield? Usually, any action I take after that gets me jab > grabbed. Is her F-air on shield safe when timed right, or can I roll away?
Those two aren't mutually exclusive... fair on shield is very safe, but you can roll away.

If they spam fair -> jab on your shield, punish with asdi down. (Attempt a shieldgrab or some other oos move while holding down, asdi down the jab, and then do something.)

Be aware though that they can fair your shield -> dash away -> as well, so don't always use this.

Alotsa

Smash Cadet
Illusion platform cancels?

Is there a video or something so I can hon in on the right spots to Illusion > platform ledge cancel? Particularly for recoveries? Trying to just find them on my own is taking forever.

-Thanks

voorhese

Smash Master
I think you can roll to the edge of a platform, jump and forward b the other way. That should give you a rough estimate.

On PS just let go of the ledge, hold back, and jump. Then at the peak of your jump forward b in, and it should ledge cancel. that will give you another estimate (as well as a shortcut for a mixup to get off of the ledge)

Lovage

Smash Hero
there's no easy setup you just gotta memorize the length of the illusion and "go for it" whenever you think it's possible

if you want to practice, learn the one from the ledge on stadium first

voorhese

Smash Master
So how useful are pivot aerials? I figured out that I can do them pretty easily now that I found out pivot jumps aren't an empty pivot -> jump but just jumping very slightly after I press the other direction.

I have been using shield to stop my momentum for correct placing, it doesn't replace that in all situations i used it for, but it does help in some.

Bones0

Smash Legend
The momentum stacks so they do indeed go further. It just isn't worth it because it doesn't (afaik) add any stun, and you're usually forced to up-B for an extra millimeter of KB. It's definitely better vs. FFers though, and I may still use it if I'm high enough to Illusion back to the ledge.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Unknown is wrecking right now, oh my god.

Well, he was.

WOW game 4 omg canada

gkjdfngkjnsdfkjsndkfnsdkj Unknown omg game 5

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
GJ beating M2K in winners unknown

but jesus christ were GFs/WFs exceedingly WACK

I can understand u using secondaries vs someone you play all the time at locals

but why the hell did you go sheik/marth/falco in BOTH sets of GFs?

Top Bottom