• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

ChaosNoobSlayer

Smash Cadet
Im pretty much gonna second fox now. Ive been playing him alot recently and I seem to have some success against my friends.

Can somebody explain to me how I would go about waveshining marth. I see alot of foxes do it but I can never seem to get it right :(

Edit:I mean something like waveshine him across FD.

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what other foxes you are referring to, but I've never seen a Marth get waveshined across Final Destination...or any stage for that matter.

Marth slides quite far compared to the rest of the cast when he is shined.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
its doable.

you have to have some combination of perfect wavedashes/running momentum/walk/run after shine to link them.

its not that much harder than waveshining other chars, but for the extra effort its not that good.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
think it requires perfect wavedash-> dash -> jc shine, which is just stupid.

if you're referring to shine -> wd -> sh dair -> shine -> repeat

that a) is easily SDI'able and b) is hard. just grab or something.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yeah like, the fox vs marth matchup especially on fd is ridiculously grab-centric so you might as well get grabs out of your shines as often as possible, unless you want to go for some kind of combo after the shine. grab is easier though

it doesnt require that. just near perfect wd walk a tiny bit. no dash momentum. if they smash DI youll need dash momentum. you might be able to reach them if they smash di without dash momentum though. you can reach samus if she they smash Di w/out dashing

PK Webb

Smash Champion
wth y is this a issue just grab him....waveshining a marth isnt rilly needed or that useful and the reward is nowhere near equal to the risk of gettin up thrown....just drill grab up throww up air....u want fancy up throw shine reverse nair or bair........thats sum shiz right there

unknown522

Some guy
lmao sion is going to kill all of you so bad. it's going to be so ridiculously unfair that all of EC is going to quit smash and suck sion's 3 foot filipino ****

edit: in that order
I hope that he does well. Out of the canadians, I think he could beat me and (maybe) Raynex. Because falco is amazing. I know KK has beaten him already, both in tourney and MMs. I think IB would win because of marth.

Oh, and he'd probably beat kage, but we'll see.

its doable.

you have to have some combination of perfect wavedashes/running momentum/walk/run after shine to link them.

its not that much harder than waveshining other chars, but for the extra effort its not that good.
yea pretty much

all it takes is a weird DI or a slightly imperfect wavedash and you're probably gonna get grabbed, when you coulda just safely grabbed him

Yeah like, the fox vs marth matchup especially on fd is ridiculously grab-centric so you might as well get grabs out of your shines as often as possible, unless you want to go for some kind of combo after the shine. grab is easier though

yeah, pretty much

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yeah... in all honesty sion will probably choke, like otto said. but i think he could cause an upset or two ^__^

edit: Btw, whatever happened to Bam? does he still play? i remember him being touted as the best canadian in like, 08-09. and what about vwins? i know those guys reached GFs at RoM2 teams too :]

unknown522

Some guy
Vwins, PKM, and Kage were supposed to come to toronto last weekend to play with us, but they flopped.

Bam usually has work, so I haven't seen him for a while, until he came to Pound 4. Vwins also went, but all the guys from Quebec didn't make it out of pools (except Kage).

Also, I dunno if they're gonna go to Rom 3. I'll ask them, because I'm curious now.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i'm seeing a lot of different icons lately i didn't know you could get Pokemon master and now a see more unmods

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The issue with D-throw is that Puff can go offstage with just DI away from pretty far and then you don't get a follow.

I guess you can argue that grinding damage vs their into-stage roll/stand/shine reset and eventually forcing them to roll to the edge --> U-smash (go reaction time ****) is better than hitting an U-throw Uair/Bair though.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
dthrow techchase works but I think you have to predict the tech direction

know what else is good? uthrow uair >_>

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
mm i can see dthrow techchase being pretty viable if you only do it occasionally and mix it up with uthrow uair though

anyway, I think cactuar did it a lot in his matches with HMW at RoM2

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
If you can follow up the up-air on your opponent, don't use Down-throw man.
If you can't, just try down-throw and see how they react.
That's what I do, but what do I know :|.

:080:

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Question about Fox players and not the character: how many people actually main Fox nowadays in the higher levels that we/I can go and look for videos? I mean, there are a lot of people who have a pocket Fox, but how many people really main Fox? I feel like either there aren't as many as one would expect or they just don't get as much spotlight as, like, Mango/Hbox/M2K/etc.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
mm i can see dthrow techchase being pretty viable if you only do it occasionally and mix it up with uthrow uair though

anyway, I think cactuar did it a lot in his matches with HMW at RoM2
The second I started reading this I thought somebody upset you and u were calling them out for a MM lol.

good times.

------
you remember that upthrow landing uair tech chase thing, did you ever get anywhere or come to a conclusion about its effectiveness.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Eggz, raynex, unknown, colbol, lunin, toph, sfat, replicate, m2k

not all pros, but worth watching as well for learning purposes. Watching players closer to your level or higher mid level players are good too because at top level u may not understand their thinking as well, alot more is internalized in the exec offices of fox play.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I hope that he does well. Out of the canadians, I think he could beat me and (maybe) Raynex. Because falco is amazing. I know KK has beaten him already, both in tourney and MMs. I think IB would win because of marth.

Oh, and he'd probably beat kage, but we'll see.
People severely underrate EC Canada. *shrug*

Toph: Quebec (Bam, Vwins, PKM, Kage) still play every now and then. They don't travel to events, but they love doubles - so they just meet up and go at it every few weeks. Even when they came out to US events it was like that. They barely ever practice singles. They LOVE doubles over there.

unknown522

Some guy
Eggz, raynex, unknown, colbol, lunin, toph, sfat, replicate, m2k

not all pros, but worth watching as well for learning purposes. Watching players closer to your level or higher mid level players are good too because at top level u may not understand their thinking as well, alot more is internalized in the exec offices of fox play.
I'm surprised that I got listed.

I feel special.

People severely underrate EC Canada. *shrug*

Toph: Quebec (Bam, Vwins, PKM, Kage) still play every now and then. They don't travel to events, but they love doubles - so they just meet up and go at it every few weeks. Even when they came out to US events it was like that. They barely ever practice singles. They LOVE doubles over there.
No. U underesstimate EC Canada =P

Also, you free tuesday around 2pm?

Eggz

Smash Hero
my ***** toph gettin namedropped by kline good **** lil *****

this might misleadingly imply that I was namesearching toph and not eggz

dont be mistaken, thats just silly

Top Bottom