• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
An official announcement is going to be made very soon about it. Don't take my word as the Gospel quite yet.

@Spadefox: Winston Payne is too good.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
SO, in other words, the game will remain exactly the same as it has been so far, fighting MKs here and there in uphill battles.

... except that we got an assload of postcount+1s. I feel victorious even if I DID lose. :bee:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well, there's always next time.
And don't fool yourselves, there will be a next time.

Ajyle

Smash Rookie
So basically this thread was a big waste of time? How nice of you back room.

But then again who didn't see anti-ban winning it was very obvious from the start.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I can't resist the urge to say "Good games".

Let's not hate each other over this silly debate, kay? ^_^

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I can't resist the urge to say "Good games".

Let's not hate each other over this silly debate, kay? ^_^
Obviously, it's like politics. Eventually, no matter what side you're on, fly-crushing Obama will win.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Wait... so why even DO this?! If it was known from the get-go that the SBR had ALREADY DECIDED that MK wouldn't be banned, and if they KNEW that the pro-ban on this poll would need to win by a significant margin in order to effect the SBR results...

Why the hell even MAKE this thread?

Because the involvement of the public was decided on the same day the SBR poll has been created but posted only a few hours after agreement of the SBR leaders and the SBRoomers. If the community would've felt extremely on the matter, their votes could've heavily impacted the SBR poll.
Since it won't, the results are pretty clear now, unless like 500 Pro-Bans suddenly pop out of nowhere and vote.
Don't complain that we wanted to involve you guys in our decision - we did the least we could do.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Seems that my work here is done.

I must say, I had a lot of fun serving as an anti-banner, and by the looks of it, MK is not going to be banned from tourney play. Although its unlikely that I'll be able to compete with the high-level MK's because of me maining Ganon, but it's a good feeling to know that this game can survive as a healthy competitive game without resorting to banning a character from it. For all intents and purposes, this will be my last post on this thread, and the only reason I'm even writing up a post like this is because this thread supplies essentially everything that Smashboards is about: heated debates, intellectual discussions, spam, unneeded name-calling, image takeovers, rampant stupidity and more spam.

Here's the conclusions that I've taken from this amazing thread:
1) Do not bother writing long-winded responses to any argument, especially if it's the argument on the first page, because people are going to ignore them and continue to remark on how amazing the arguments on the first page are when I've just poked holes in their reasonings.
2)Hank Hill is amazing.
3)Captain Falcon is much more worthy of a ban than Metaknight is.
4) Meatknight is too awesome of a name not to use, even if it's MK and only for the lulz.
5) Inui probably planned to get all of his infractions spaced out enough to only be banned for three hours and everyone would be completely shocked at how Inui escaped the ban-hammer so easily even though it's within the banning criteria.
6) Praxis says that Inui has an advantage over Snake even though everyone knows that Snake-Inui is 200:-100 in Snake's favor.
7) When Spadefox said that Mew2King would classify as being the eighth best character in Brawl based on tournament winnings, no fewer than 10 people tried to look up how to unlock Mew2King in Brawl (this is a guess, not a conclusion)
8) King Dedede is the Zangief of Brawl. They both end lives with their grabs and force players to camp him out in fear. Now if only Dedede had Zangief's boxer shorts...
9) Insulting is cool, as long as there's a reason for doing so.
10) I sure hope that the metagame brings up several characters to MK's level so that this game can be truly balanced (of sorts). It took 3 or so years for Fox to end Sheik's dominance in Melee, I wish that the same can happen in Brawl.

etecoon

Smash Hero
so i guess they just needed a reason to argue about MK more?
obviously, it should be clear by now that this issue will not go away until brawl dies, even if MK's dominance drops significantly, this community can't let it go.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I enjoyed my time here with you all.

I've never given out so many infractions in such a short period of time. I didn't even fully understand the infraction system until this thread.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
I agree.

The reality is the reality: some people play to win, and others play for fun. Subjective or not, it's a reality that you have to learn to accept and not shrug off. Why isn't MaNg0 using Marth or Sheik, and is using Jiggs instead? It's more fun for him than Marth and Sheik.

So, "fun" is a viable argument -to an extent-. What sane person would play a game if they find nothing attractive about it?

We're not here to listen to the ramblings of randoms such as you, either. Who's to say you suck or don't? I can assure myself you're worse than our worst player here in PR, but that won't necessarily be true, because I'm assuming something on no grounds at all. The reality is that some people WILL move to MK because it's the best option if you're playing to win. No matter how many times you say pro-banners suck and imply subconsciously that you're better because you have no problems with MK, it will still be that way.
Yes you are you quoted me and called me out on it. So you obviousely did listen. But not good enough. Notice i said the majority of people.
Majority=/= everyone so its safe to assume plus if people are so great then why didnt they place at genesis or why havent i heard of them. Thats another thing
What i think is good=\= from what you think is good. If you are playing to win only going by your shallow means of counter picking then metaknight isnt always you best option because he doesnt destroy some characters like others do.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I didn't care anyway. I voted No on the last one and yes on this one. My point was pretty much proven though. Point being that no matter what side I choose my opinion doesn't matter anyway. So that was fun.:chuckle:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

But then again who didn't see anti-ban winning it was very obvious from the start.
*checks date* WELP TIME FOR ANOTHER EDITION OF LETS ATTEMPT TO BAN META KNIGHT

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Actually, I lied. +126 post count get including this. 6th most in this thread.

Spadefox 299
MarKO X 244
sasukebowser 206
Falconv1.0 160
Fatmanonice 143
AvaricePanda 125
Thiocyanide 125
Clai 118
ShadowLink84 113
Palpi 110
Old Mocha 107
Melomaniacal 105
BBQTV 100
Supermodel From Paris 100
Rykoshet 100
swordgard 98
King Beef 93

But yeah, better debate skills is too good, as well as seeing hilarious PW gif posts courtesy of Inui and SpadeFox, other random sig-worthy posts and trolls, etc.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
This thread taught me how to properly debate. Well...more properly debate.

Thank you thread

(+100 post count is nice too)
I noticed. It exposed people like you to the SBR, meaning there's chances to get in for those that proved themselves to have working brains.

i swear to god if I see another gif from the PW series i may pistol whip someone

Silence! You know you love it!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
obviously, it should be clear by now that this issue will not go away until brawl dies, even if MK's dominance drops significantly, this community can't let it go.
actually etecoon, you could of saved yourself the trouble and just wrote

pro-ban side = MK IS CHEAP
anti-ban side = YOU CAN RECOVER

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Because the involvement of the public was decided on the same day the SBR poll has been created but posted only a few hours after agreement of the SBR leaders and the SBRoomers. If the community would've felt extremely on the matter, their votes could've heavily impacted the SBR poll.
Since it won't, the results are pretty clear now, unless like 500 Pro-Bans suddenly pop out of nowhere and vote.
Don't complain that we wanted to involve you guys in our decision - we did the least we could do.
Sorry, dude. I know this is a **** thing to say... But the emphasized part is just about the most honest part of this thread.

REL38

Smash Lord

It wasn't a total waste. Both sides gave in-depth arguements as to what should be done concerning Metaknight which was the main focal point at the start of this thread. But after the fires kindled, the only thing left was an empty battlefield where you heard the battle cries of the few remaining soldiers from either side trying to get their point across when there was already a clear cut winner. Then, the locals came about to pillage the remnants that were left by adding to their post count and giving quick one liners.

It's kinda sad, really . . .

BBQTV

Smash Master
I enjoyed my time here with you all.

I've never given out so many infractions in such a short period of time. I didn't even fully understand the infraction system until this thread.
thanks for the infaction you gave me [not sarcastic]

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Sorry, dude. I know this is a **** thing to say... But the emphasized part is just about the most honest part of this thread.
...Hah!
You know, it's exactly people like you - among tons of alternate/troll accounts made specifically for this thread - that made me actually state my desire to not post a public poll at all.
We are doing work, and not only about Meta Knight. We have several projects in the starting lines.

Don't think we're just sitting in our BR and sip brandy like Supermodel from Paris did.

Stop bickering that we're actually involving the community. And stop saying that I was lying.

Edit: Also, this'd be my last post, a round 300.

etecoon

Smash Hero
actually etecoon, you could of saved yourself the trouble and just wrote

pro-ban side = MK IS CHEAP
anti-ban side = YOU CAN RECOVER
YOU MUST RECOVER

also yay at not being one of the top posters here in spite of constantly coming here to argue, troll, blatantly post completely off topic etc.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
where did you get this info from?
Go to General Brawl Discussion, go to where it says Replies to the right side of the thread, and click the number.

Also, will this poll still be correctly evaluated, as in all accounts made from the start of this poll to the end be taken out of the data? I want to see the true results, even if it won't change anything.

Ajyle

Smash Rookie
It wasn't a total waste. Both sides gave in-depth arguements as to what should be done concerning Metaknight which was the main focal point at the start of this thread. But after the fires kindled, the only thing left was an empty battlefield where you heard the battle cries of the few remaining soldiers from either side trying to get their point across when there was already a clear cut winner. Then, the locals came about to pillage the remnants that were left by adding to their post count and giving quick one liners.

It's kinda sad, really . . .[/font][/color]
Perhaps I should have worded differently. I was going to edit my post but then my internet freaked out on me. Your right it wasn't a complete waste. I did learn a lot from reading this thread(before it got stupid). :)

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
...Hah!
You know, it's exactly people like you - among tons of alternate/troll accounts made specifically for this thread - that made me actually state my desire to not post a public poll at all.
We are doing work, and not only about Meta Knight. We have several projects in the starting lines.

Don't think we're just sitting in our BR and sip brandy like Supermodel from Paris did.

Stop bickering that we're actually involving the community. And stop saying that I was lying.

Edit: Also, this'd be my last post, a round 300.
I never said you lied, but lying outright isn't the only form of dishonesty, you know. If you all knew, and it sounds like you all did, that the margin of change from this poll compared to the last would have to have been significant by a margin with a slim-to-none chance of happening, then you shouldn't have posted this poll. You weren't involving us, because you all knew pretty well that we would just be ignored anyway; it's an illusion of involvement.

Yes, technically this poll will add votes to the SBR poll... but it won't actually effect anything, and everyone knew it wouldn't. That's not exactly being forthright. It would have saved us ALL a lot of trouble and headaches to just tell us you had made your decision instead of letting 55% of the community think for a week that their opinion would have actually mattered.

We, or at least I, appreciated that you wanted to involve us. I really do. But that was not the way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom