• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I never said you lied, but lying outright isn't the only form of dishonesty, you know. If you all knew, and it sounds like you all did, that the margin of change from this poll compared to the last would have to have been significant by a margin with a slim-to-none chance of happening, then you shouldn't have posted this poll. You weren't involving us, because you all knew pretty well that we would just be ignored anyway; it's an illusion of involvement.

Yes, technically this poll will add votes to the SBR poll... but it won't actually effect anything, and everyone knew it wouldn't. That's not exactly being forthright. It would have saved us ALL a lot of trouble and headaches to just tell us you had made your decision instead of letting 55% of the community think for a week like their opinion would have actually mattered.
We didn't know that Anti-Ban was going to win from the start, neither did we know that Pro-Ban would lead by roughly 5% here.

That's just what you're reading out of the neutral statement that Anti-Ban has a solid lead since the poll was closed a few hours ago in your solely ungrounded hatred for the SBR.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I never said you lied, but lying outright isn't the only form of dishonesty, you know. If you all knew, and it sounds like you all did, that the margin of change from this poll compared to the last would have to have been significant by a margin with a slim-to-none chance of happening, then you shouldn't have posted this poll. You weren't involving us, because you all knew pretty well that we would just be ignored anyway; it's an illusion of involvement.

Yes, technically this poll will add votes to the SBR poll... but it won't actually effect anything, and everyone knew it wouldn't. That's not exactly being forthright. It would have saved us ALL a lot of trouble and headaches to just tell us you had made your decision instead of letting 55% of the community think for a week that their opinion would have actually mattered.

We, or at least I, appreciated that you wanted to involve us. I really do. But that was not the way to do it.
I thought that it was a good way to involve the community.

... But revealing the reality wasn't a smart choice. Leave the community in the dark, thinking that they're helping, it's a MUCH better idea.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Revealing the reality wouldn't have mattered.

It's not that hard to figure out if you're paying attention to things.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Revealing the reality wouldn't have mattered.

It's not that hard to figure out if you're paying attention to things.
But for those who weren't, like the ones who are complaining, wouldnt've noticed in the end. There are reasons why the government lies to the population every once in a while, to maintain order.

I really don't care, I said what i wanted to say, people answered me, and I answered back. That's all I really wanted to do.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The ones who aren't smart enough to figure it out would complain either way.

It's not the better choice, but the choice doesn't matter.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I honestly thought pro-ban was going to win because of how much more vocal they were in the SBR and the fact that they won the straw poll a while back.

Sprinkles

Smash Rookie
I vote anti-ban.

I hate MK. He and people who main him disgust me to no end. But people who have been maining MK before the Back Room even announced Brawl's tier list. To deny them a character that they have not been maining simply because of the metagame or results of tourneys, but because they appreciate MK as a character, is wrong.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I honestly thought pro-ban was going to win because of how much more vocal they were in the SBR and the fact that they won the straw poll a while back.
Likewise, pro-ban were the ones with leads on the polls, and their summary in the OP was pretty well-made. I enjoyed the read, it was entertaining.

Well, things aren't usually how they appear, so yeah, outright guessing by public statistics isn't always the way to precisely predict the future.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
hmmm... oh well... it's been fun.

well... the only thing to do now is to learn this guy.
inb4urgonnagetwrecked. b'cuz i know that.

but eventually...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Meh, it's practically decided when a big enough lead is made. And right now, apparently, anti-ban has that lead. No matter what pro-ban does, in a realistic scenario, we cannot catch up in time.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I don't think people are going to stop complaining about MK's banning on either side unless there is some unexpected huge discovery in the future.

Ajyle

Smash Rookie
I don't think people will stop complaining either. This may not be the "last" time this poll will happen but who knows we'll see in the future. Well it was good...

Revanchist

Smash Rookie
if anyone has any last spam or trolling to do do it now
Will do, thanks. I just want to say that its sad that some in the community to not even recognise that we have a problem. Even if the solution to that problem is not banning MK, some people still refuse to acknowledge that he is a problem.

4 polls, all with the majority calling for a ban means we have a problem. And we need to fix it somehow, if not banning MK then some other way, but things can't stay like this.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I didn't mean like wavedashing. :/

But maybe, who knows? *shrug*

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Its done, ggs.

I main Mk now.

I would too, if it wasn't for the fact that my state is awesome and has long since had MK banned.

We, Texas, and LA and having fun down here. Everyone else, enjoy the broken metagame. :D

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Who cares if you guys pick up MK, Most likely suck with him anyways.

Mush head

Smash Cadet
Will do, thanks. I just want to say that its sad that some in the community to not even recognise that we have a problem. Even if the solution to that problem is not banning MK, some people still refuse to acknowledge that he is a problem.

4 polls, all with the majority calling for a ban means we have a problem. And we need to fix it somehow, if not banning MK then some other way, but things can't stay like this.
I agree with him. There's so many trolling and spamming by both sides and it will not end unless something is done about Meta Knight.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I wonder who's actually going to use him now that he's not banned.

I, for one, WILL start to use him for the lulz, and might even go to a tourney or two and use him to see if I can win with him. ;)
Who cares if you guys pick up MK, Most likely suck with him anyways.
Well DUH, no one picks up a character and does well in 3 days.

Tony_

Smash Ace
I would too, if it wasn't for the fact that my state is awesome and has long since had MK banned.

We, Texas, and LA and having fun down here. Everyone else, enjoy the broken metagame. :D
Enjoy playing a match-up you have zero experience in.

Banning MK does nothing but set you back. Badly.

DemonFart

Smash Lord

Noice, I'm just going to main mk OR go back to melee.

Lurking this thread was fun. ;D

Toph87

Smash Rookie
im confused. how does anti ban win if pro ban has more votes?
dont be pulling no bush sr bs on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom