• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltix

Smash Lord
They say this is the 4th vote, I wasn't even clued in on the first 3 o.o

This one will be the final determining factor for MK's ban or not?
When will we have the verdict?

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
IDC is stalling because you become infinitely invisible and invincible on any stage.

EDC technically isn't infinitely using the DC, so you're not stalling, but rather using it to gain wutever safe advantage you want.

So like, you can air camp to EDC to air camp again. That sounds like fun, i wanna try that.
Orlly?

If MK isn't banned, I'm going to use EDC sooo much. It's going to be fun I swear.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This poll will close on 08-07-2009 at 05:49 PM

If you had read the OP or looked above the results...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
i honestly think that the SBR won't do anything if pro-ban wins the vote.
When the pro-ban has to win by 2/3 of the majority vote, it's easy to assume that nothing's going to change.

The community is almost completely split on the issue, so this vote will do nothing.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
If EDC doesn't get banned soon, idk what to say. Wow.

"Hey I'm robbing this bank but not taking all the money".

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Orlly?

If MK isn't banned, I'm going to use EDC sooo much. It's going to be fun I swear.
might as well start practicing it now, cause at this rate, MK isn't getting banned due to a lack of clear cut evidence and the fact that MK isn't really that big of a problem in terms of being broken.

better watch out though, because people will start to hate you, from players who are getting mind****ed by it, to TOs who are gonna try and call the EDC the IDC.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What are you talking about? I must be missing something.
Uffe, this poll isn't what decides whether or not MK gets banned. The SBR's votes do. This poll counts for 10%. Pro-ban needs 2/3 of the votes, iirc.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
If EDC doesn't get banned soon, idk what to say. Wow.
How would you ban EDC? By the distance? As measured by the human eye?
Can you really trust that? Because everytime downB gets pressed, "EDC! EDC! BAAAWWWW! DQ PLZ!"

so, at that point, you're literally banning an entire move from MK's moveset.

gantrain05

Smash Master
How would you ban EDC? By the distance? As measured by the human eye?
Can you really trust that? Because everytime downB gets pressed, "EDC! EDC! BAAAWWWW! DQ PLZ!"

so, at that point, you're literally banning an entire move from MK's moveset.
i don't see a problem in that.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Just one more reason why mk needs to be banned. His EDC, aircamping and planking break the game, add to that the fact that he has no bad matchups, no bad stages that are legal and he seems and IS broken. Why make even more rules to keep MK in the game? I have an idea- instead of making an arbitrary rule for banning EDC, why dont we ban mk? :)

Uffe

Smash Hero
Uffe, this poll isn't what decides whether or not MK gets banned. The SBR's votes do. This poll counts for 10%. Pro-ban needs 2/3 of the votes, iirc.
Okay, I get it now. But what I don't get is why they'd need 2/3 of the votes when the poll itself clearly shows that most do want MK banned. The SBR should just do the voting alone.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It's a 2/3 win in the back room, with one more point for each 2.5% over 50%.

The question is if pro-ban is going to get another one point, or two.

EDIT: I swear, my computer didn't show the last bunch of posts.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Just one more reason why mk needs to be banned. His EDC, aircamping and planking break the game, add to that the fact that he has no bad matchups, no bad stages that are legal and he seems and IS broken. Why make even more rules to keep MK in the game? I have an idea- instead of making an arbitrary rule for banning EDC, why dont we ban mk? :)
you know... that's a lovely idea =)

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
i don't see a problem in that.
you don't see a problem in that?
are you serious?
it's not banning a technique that goes with a move, such as DDD's dthrow standing CG. On the characters that you can standing CG, you can still use dthrow and you can still do the moving CG.

You are banning an entire move out of MK's moveset.

What does that lead you to believe?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Mark.

There is no "rule of CP". Counterpicking does not have to exist in a game in order for it (the game) to exist. People are implying that Metaknight breaks the counterpicking system, but anti-ban is saying that the counterpicking system is not a mandatory requirement for fighting games.

It's preferable; 90% of our population comes from Melee alone, but it isn't a requirement nor is it necessary. It's just a preference.
honest question.

Do you think a tourney with 7 stages and every match being a random neutral, would get as much of an attendance as a tourney with 15 stages and the robust counterpick system we have in effect now?

gantrain05

Smash Master
are you serious?
it's not banning a technique that goes with a move, such as DDD's dthrow standing CG. On the characters that you can standing CG, you can still use dthrow and you can still do the moving CG.

oh nooooooo, not dimension cape?! what the hell would MK do without it? i mean he'd be completely unviable right?!

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
are you serious?

Until its proven to be broken, it doesn't need to be banned. Besides, dair camping can be dealt with before the MK lands. Also, it is enforceable if necessary, especially in finals matches where there are always TOs watching. The distance traveled and time spent off screen are both very measurable without re-play.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
oh nooooooo, not dimension cape?! what the hell would MK do without it? i mean he'd be completely unviable right?!
you're not understanding. it has nothing to do with him being unviable without it. It's the fact that EDC makes MK pretty broken.
If you're banning a whole move from the moveset, you're practically saying "look, this move is too good. Literally."

gantrain05

Smash Master
Itis a move. What happens if the buffe kicks in and the yhit down B? Auto dq.
Banning a move isimpossible, you might as well ban the character at that point.
might as well ban any form of dimension cape that has any input on the C-stick, i see no reason to keep it around. if your flicking your Cstick your DQ'd lol.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Itis a move. What happens if the buffe kicks in and the yhit down B? Auto dq.
Banning a move isimpossible, you might as well ban the character at that point.
So many... typos haha

But yea, if you have to ban a standard move, then theres no option but to ban the character.

Even without this, he is banworthy, but with it he just flys past the line.

Until its proven to be broken, it doesn't need to be banned. Besides, dair camping can be dealt with before the MK lands. Also, it is enforceable if necessary, especially in finals matches where there are always TOs watching. The distance traveled and time spent off screen are both very measurable without re-play.

Are you joking? Ask anybody. ANYBODY. And they will tell you that a tech that allows you to instantly escape any disadvantageous situation, is broken.

Ok, in the finals it's monitorable. Now that we're past that, how bout 99% of the tourney matches that aren't monitored by TOs?

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
honest question.

Do you think a tourney with 7 stages and every match being a random neutral, would get as much of an attendance as a tourney with 15 stages and the robust counterpick system we have in effect now?

Its called Oregon, and yes. Most of the time its the out of state players that pick the other available stages.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
|------------| <----- unbroken distance
|--------------| <--- broken distance

ok TOs. Good luck with that controversy.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol some people should vote "Yes" up to just under "66%" to make it more dramatic.
In all seriousness, whenever someone says "he's not bannable if he's winnable" remind me to not lead my make-believe game company's designing team, nobody in their right mind would make a character so obviously lopsided in advantage in a fighter unless they wanted to suck in the variety department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom