• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Awards 2007 Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cort

Apple Head
Apparently a lot of the categories were not properly explained or named.

Youko hosts a Brawl podcast.

Sariku

Smash Master
Wow, all these catergories are soooo gimped. Heh, I didn't mean to make it sound gimped as in Gimpyfish, but half the people don't deserve any of this. I mean, I love these guys, but Youko hosts a podcast. Youko should of lost to Dylan_TNGA in the n00b one. He also shouldn't of gotten most improved >.<

Next year... how the hell do we fix it? Maybe if we didn't allow anyone else to join, people would get what the hell these things mean >.<

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah, some of the awards given out are pretty silly. It just further proves that quality is better than quantity, especially if the majority of the 700 voters were people who couldn't read or/and simply voted for Gimpy (no offence).

Eeeiiither way, congrats to everyone who won. I found it suprising that BACH didn't win cinematographer though and the host with the most wasn't even a tournament host =/

Also, lol @ the sugarpoultry signature irony.

Syzygy

Smash Apprentice
Ya, the awards were overrun by the brawlers (like myself) who sacrifice lambs to Youko and Gimpy. Helped Buzz out a bit too, lol. Haha. Congrats to everyone who won, you guys all rock.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Congratz to everyone who won and got runner-ups. And for those who didn't, don't take it too seriously. It's just an internet forum award....which will probably be more accurate next year, with people like Kapt gone. :|

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel like I did well for not knowing that I was nominated until like a week or two ago. 'Grats to Gimpy. (And lol at the ridiculous fan-fare)

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
no offense to Buzz but I seriously think somebody else should have desired that debate award.

as for the other stuff, too many mods, yeah. I guess gimpy gets so many awards because of the podcast and the huge Brawl thread.

Youko just gets votes because of the podcast. let's be serious here; it's nothing else.

oh well, at least my predictions were right.

RDK

Smash Hero
If any mod wants to ban me, feel free to. I wouldn't mind the added incentive to not return, I'm finding the collective intelligence, reasoning, and logic on these boards rapidly declining.
Cry for attention. 4chan, anyone?

Try cutting yourself.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Honestly, I think you guys take this site severely too serious.

Taking Smash Bros the game serious I can understand, it's a real game and competition, but forums? Until I found this site, I've never actually believed people's entire lives could revolve around a video game forum site. I've seen some really close calls on IGN, but this site takes the cake.
I think you might be taking this to seriously. This isn't the OScars, it's just a fun end of year/start of year thing. This doesn't have any meaning at all.

I mean, I love these guys, but Youko hosts a podcast. Youko should of lost to Dylan_TNGA in the n00b one.
He has only been here almost 7 months, I'd say that's fairly newb of him.

Anyway, thanks for the votes guys, and grats to all the other winners.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Is kinda disappointing though, practically every winner is a mod, and obviously people didn't know what Forum Gamer was, Eor is not even a runner up.
Brawl has ruined the forums >: (

edit: who's Buzz?
I agree. What ever happened to the real forum members that know people that aren't Brawl mods?
Wow, all these catergories are soooo gimped. Heh, I didn't mean to make it sound gimped as in Gimpyfish, but half the people don't deserve any of this. I mean, I love these guys, but Youko hosts a podcast. Youko should of lost to Dylan_TNGA in the n00b one. He also shouldn't of gotten most improved >.<

Next year... how the hell do we fix it? Maybe if we didn't allow anyone else to join, people would get what the hell these things mean >.<
no offense to Buzz but I seriously think somebody else should have desired that debate award.

as for the other stuff, too many mods, yeah. I guess gimpy gets so many awards because of the podcast and the huge Brawl thread.

Youko just gets votes because of the podcast. let's be serious here; it's nothing else.

oh well, at least my predictions were right.
QFTMFT. I can't wait until Brawl's been out for 4 or 5 months and all these new 1000+ Brawl Room post kiddies get lost. What? Was that too harsh?

Wow, Gimpyfish's sure got a fan base.
You and WoZ were obviously the right choices for Sexiest Mod. Too bad people just vote for whoever they've heard of before.

Most Intelligent
Winner: Crimson King
Runner-up: ChronoBound
I still love you GoldShadow.

Most Fearsome
Winner: Mic_128
Runner-up: Crimson King
I have a lot of respect for Mic, but CK takes the cake in this one- that's just complete BS.

Master Debater
Winner: Buzz
Runner-up: AltF4Warrior
Buzz knows I love him, but uhuh. Can't blame the little brawlies for liking Buzz, though.

Best Forum Gamer
Winner: Gimpyfish62
Runner-up: Mew2King
lol wut

Most Valuable
Winner: Gimpyfish62
Runner-up: Mew2King
Nope. I don't think so.

Sexiest Mod
Winner: WoZ
Runner-up: Kokichi
Fixed.

Most Insightful Room
Winner: Character Specific
Runner-up: General Brawl Discussion
At this point I started wondering if this were a joke.

Favorite Hangout
Winner: General Brawl Discussion
Runner-up: Regional Zones

Favorite Category
Winner: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Runner-up: Smash Tournaments
Surprise Surprise!

I love all of you at SWF, but this years forum awards just made me sad.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if people want to whine about brawl people voting maybe the melee boards should actually vote.

did you see the spike in the number of voters?

clearly the "regulars" don't care and likely don't even know about these awards

why does it matter so much to you people anyways lol

it's just random for fun forum awards at the end of the year people.

i got best sig, that's the one i wanted.

yeayuhz.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
While I agree with possibly separating moderators into their own set of awards, all other complains are completely unwarranted. The only alternative to letting members vote (no matter how new, scrubby, etc.) would be to have a panel of judges that simply decide who deserves each award. That presents its own set of problems, mostly being that members would suddenly feel their votes no longer matter. Why is everyone throwing a fit?

RDK

Smash Hero
I think there were a lot of things wrong with the Awards this year, but honestly, Gimpy's right. It's just a fun distraction that we all partake in. It's nobody's fault that the Brawl Room regulars outnumber the rest of the site 10 to 1, but it is unfortunate that things like this happen.

Again--this isn't a presidential election. It's a fun forum tradition.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if every person on swf voted i could understand why people are upset at brawl boards, but come on people. of the huge numbers of people we have on these forums only like 700 voted. XD

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
Have you even seen Buzz in action? LOL
oh, don't get me wrong. the guy's a brilliant writer, but I like Gamerfire(or however it's spelled) and snex a lot better (despite him not even being a nominee.. XD).

I don't remember who I voted for though.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
While I agree with possibly separating moderators into their own set of awards, all other complains are completely unwarranted. The only alternative to letting members vote (no matter how new, scrubby, etc.) would be to have a panel of judges that simply decide who deserves each award. That presents its own set of problems, mostly being that members would suddenly feel their votes no longer matter. Why is everyone throwing a fit?
I'm not saying we should change anything. I'm just dissapointed in the voters in general for voting for the only name that they recognized when they should've just not voted in that category at all.

I just think it's a bit of a shame, not whining, really.

EDIT: V V V V V Nobody ever said the nominees should care more and campaign, but that the people voting put a little more thought into their votes and maybe take a look at some of the other nominees rather than just putting down what came to mind so that these awards are a little more meaningful. This won't be a problem at all next year anyways, because all of the new users will have moved on. Maybe I'm just overly attatched to this community or something, but I can't wait for things to calm down.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Too many of you flat out expected certain people to win, and now you are upset that they did not win. I saw very little campaigning for anyone in any category. Everyone pretends not to care and then freaks out when the results are presented. As Gimpyfish pointed out, it would be one thing if everyone voted, but hardly anyone did. Seriously, stop the complaints. Maybe you'll put more heart into next year's votes. >_>

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
on the whole the general brawl dicsussion does suck a lot, but there are some great topics on there that have a lot of useful information

*takes this time to not plug own topic*

seriously though, there's some good informative topics there. we just end up closing a lot, likely because of people from gamefaqs/other sites transferring over and expecting us to "not moderate" like they do on other forums lol

oh but i have a couple gripes about this.
me and m2k on forum gamer list. phail. youko as host with the most having never hosted a tournament? phail.
and...

i got sexiest mod over azua, who is actually a very good looking girl gamer who cosplays as an elf (among other things).

i dont even know what to say on with that one LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom