• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and Glyph present War of the Roses. DABUZ IS THE CHAMP!

Excellence

Smash Champion
Um, well
1) I'm not lying
2) Duh, I never said that grades = intelligence. But it's truth that you need both that and work ethic to truly be successful.
3) I'm not going to get into a debate as to what equals intelligence.
4) I don't nearly try hard enough to reach my potential, yet I still do as well as I do. /modest
I wasn't talking about you before, so for you to dedicate a post in response to my own let's me know a few things. You feel like you're being attacked in one form or another. If you were not lying, there probably wouldn't be much a need for this post, so now I am accusing you of lying. Your four points are just whatever, because they have no factual foundation, though I'll comment on one. People who refer to potential have no idea what mental capacity is and I'll tell you that it is not the obvious.

If you still want to contest what I said previous, or you want to contest what I'm saying now, feel free to post, but know I won't respond.

Glyph, you ready to lose?

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
Yes, Brawl is more important than school. When I grow up Brawl will pay my mortgages, insurance, utilities, and support a family. Brawl is also the most fulfilling occupation I could ever hope to have. [ /sarcasm]. I agree that school does mean a lot. But perhaps some people do take too much into grades. Some students just aren't good test takers. But what do colleges look at first: grades. Yes, they look at much more, but if you don't have a SAT in their range they wont even look at your application. Okay then, back to the tournament. =O

Edit: Lol, maybe you should designate who you're talking to. XD

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
Oh and truth be told: Being a good person is so much more important than anything else, whether it be grades. winning a smash tournament, or w/e. And I look forward to this. Um, I couldn't find this in the first post: can we switch characters as long as they're in the same category, while the tourney is going on? I saw that you have to use your character, but does that mean the group or just one? If we can only use one, I'll still be using Z/S.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Dual Enrollment. You get both College and High School credit (and I think more than one of each)

Pro, you use the same character through the whole thing once we start (I think...)

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I'm getting a B in Science and an A in You and The Law, go me! >:D
Thats all I know so far, but getting the rest of my grades on the 14th

cba

Smash Master
i hate school(like many of you) and idk what my gpa is, i mean, in most schools around here they consider many students a lost cause. but the indifference of the people makes me want to struggle more.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Eh, switch me to Wolf. I'm trying not to play Yoshi online.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Eh, switch me to Wolf. I'm trying not to play Yoshi online.
Okay, I'll make a note of that.

Can I play Luigi instead?
This would be a perfect opportunity to see if I'm any good with him.
Sorry, (human) men category is filled.

What are DE classes?
Dual enrollment. It's where you take high school and college classes at the same time. I did this during the senior year of high school and it was probably one of the smartest things I've ever done. You get a huge jump start from it because it shows you how college actually works so you're not trapped in that awkward "learning stage" when you move out of the house.

cba

Smash Master
Okay, I'll make a note of that.

Sorry, (human) men category is filled.

Dual enrollment. It's where you take high school and college classes at the same time. I did this during the senior year of high school and it was probably one of the smartest things I've ever done. You get a huge jump start from it because it shows you how college actually works so you're not tracked in that awkward "learning stage" when you move out of the house.
this is why fmoi rocks.
hes like your human google/wikipedia.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Man, my DNS is down again and I can only access the internet but directly linking into my router. I swear, this better not happen two weeks from now or I'm going to be really pissed... Oh wait, I'll be home that weekend, nevermind...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
FMOI would you like to play some matches for preparation.
My DNS is currently down so I can't do anything Wifi... I used to think it was my router but I've come to learn that the whole apartment complex that I live in has the same problems on a regular basis. Hopefully I can get online some time this weekend.

Barge

Why does no one ever ask me for practice? Am I that mean, or did I forget to shampoo my hair today?
You're brutally honest.
Anyways, I took your advice, I find it easier to land attacks by short hopping more. >_>
<_<

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
I would like to join as Ness please.

EDIT: and if anyone wants to help me practice, I would greatly appreciate it. No matter how brutally honest you are.

Barge

EDIT: and if anyone wants to help me practice, I would greatly appreciate it. No matter how brutally honest you are.
If you're not as good as Excellence, even by a bit, he'll go off on you :O

Excellence

Smash Champion
You're brutally honest.
Anyways, I took your advice, I find it easier to land attacks by short hopping more. >_>
<_<
See? What did you learn? People who are mean and nasty often have a loads of experience. I call it, wisdom in a box, just add water. I hope you learned to use Zair more because it's definately great for approaches.

Ness? Jeeze, everyone is counterpicking Olimar with people who have obsurd advantages against him, but that's fine I can take it. Ness is a pain to play because you've got to keep moving which I can't stand. However, if you want to practice Shogun_Fox, I can play tomorrow after I get my haircut.

If you're not as good as Excellence, even by a bit, he'll go off on you :O
You know, that's so true.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Only ten more people are needed; what fun.

@ Excellence:

I think it's because you freakishly overplay your wins and underplay your loses, perhaps... :psycho:
You know, it took me a minute to grasp what you were saying so if I sound off, you know why. I'm going to tell you that I don't overplay my wins because I usually don't disclose who won or who lost unless someone asks, or the matches are posted on YouTube. I don't care to much for losing, so I wouldn't broadcast a loss nor would I care enough to cover it up or hide it. That make sense? :confused:

I don't lose too often though, so when I do it's really not likely to happen in the first. For the past week I've been playing all my underplayed match-ups scooping up as much experience from respected players as I can. So soon I won't lose, period. I'll be even more excellent than I already am, if at all possible. :mad:

cba

Smash Master
I don't lose too often though, so when I do it's really not likely to happen in the first. For the past week I've been playing all my underplayed match-ups scooping up as much experience from respected players as I can. So soon I won't lose, period. I'll be even more excellent than I already am, if at all possible. :mad:
the opposite here, iSuck and i usually loose, i usually play people for fun and loose

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A lot of you guys are asking for practice...

Do you want me to host a mini practice tournament next week? There won't be a prize and it'll probably only be 16 people. How does that sound?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I would join. I've barely ever played on Wifi...>_>

Oh, it's actually happening lol.

Not sure if this is the right place to "contact" you, but...

Name: Sir Bedevere (NEDM)
FC: 2277 6922 9913
Character: Wolf

Top Bottom