• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and Glyph present War of the Roses. DABUZ IS THE CHAMP!

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I hope good cry, we're doing this for her.

EDIT: I'M ALWAYS ANSWERED WHILE I'M TYPING.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, every category is about half way filled up now. I'm surprized we got so many entries so fast. This is technically only the second day it's been up despite me posting the original thread at like One in the morning on Sunday.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Man, this is cool. I wish I could enter with Pit, but you know the situ. I could get a Wii in the next two months or so, but it isn't promising. She leaves for VA this Saturday. Wish her safety on the plane.

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
Man, this is cool. I wish I could enter with Pit, but you know the situ. I could get a Wii in the next two months or so, but it isn't promising. She leaves for VA this Saturday. Wish her safety on the plane.
Yea, I hope she will be safe on her trip o-o XD ^^

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I think that's a pretty safe move, I doubt its going to lose.

Also, if Heartz ever gets back in to the tournament scene, let me know. VA tournaments are pretty amazing.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Its not solely my call, so that's not official yet.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I wonder if I should just go ahead and close the poll.
Wonder no more.

Here is my own poll to see if you should close your poll.

yes
no

I honestly don't care if everyone ignores my poll, which they will, but I still want to put up the poll for lols.

Halaster

Smash Ace
Since we seem to be going with a choice where you pick one character and stick with him I would like to switch my character. After the past few days I believe I am feeling distinctly more up to playing Fox in this tourney. He is in the same bracket, conveniently, so I would like to switch Fox in for Sonic please.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Since we seem to be going with a choice where you pick one character and stick with him I would like to switch my character. After the past few days I believe I am feeling distinctly more up to playing Fox in this tourney. He is in the same bracket, conveniently, so I would like to switch Fox in for Sonic please.
I forbid this.

One of my mains is MK, should I be the only MK, maybe. If someone else is, I use nanerman.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Sorry halaster, apparently its forbidden. (FMOI will change that for you;))

The only restriciton is based on how many people can use a certain group. The whole "other" group could be filled with MKs (ugh).

Halaster

Smash Ace
If number two wins where it is sorted by bracket, it won't matter if the "other" bracket is all MK there will only be one MK that anyone else would have to deal with. Which, perhaps not completely, but almost completely ruins the point of having meta-knight. So therefore this is actually a tournament that counters MK quite well on its own.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If number two wins where it is sorted by bracket, it won't matter if the "other" bracket is all MK there will only be one MK that anyone else would have to deal with. Which completely ruins the point of having meta-knight. So therefore this is actually a tournament that counters MK quite well on its own.
Like I said before, I sort of intentionally did it this way so if you're good with a character in one category, you won't be automatically "cheated" out of the quarter finals and above simply because someone chose Metaknight/Snake. Regardless, I've recently realized that getting first is not the only point of tournaments, it's also about learning, improving, and striving to beat particular people/characters. For example, in Electric Schuffle, I beat Blue Terrorist (who ranked 3rd in Geno Bash and also mains everyone like me) and Mmac (acclaimed by many to be the best online Yoshi on Smash Boards). To me, that was a bigger accomplishment than getting first and I still got 3rd out of 64 people, regardless.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
FMOI raises a great point.

When ever you're in a tournament, you should pay more attention to how much you enjoyed playing in it and how much you learned, rather than stressing over placement. You will get better, and eventually you'll get to where you want to be.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Actually, I'm going with Yoshi. I'mma represent.

karp karp karp

And Glyph, it's Magi"K"arp. No c bro.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I AM UNWORTHY!

*Slaps self to death with orange fish

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Doubles could work if you teamed up with a CPU D:
Each person in the tourney either selects a CPU that will be paired with him/her or the CPU partner is assigned by random =3

Barge

All I want is a custom title
You fail.

10predictablestupidcomebacks

Nah, but seriously, doubles are really fun... if the lag isn't AWFUL and the tourney is organized well.

Edit: LOL Chaco you read my mind while I was typing my response. MAGIKARP SPLASH HAX.
Online*

Seriously, do you really think its even going to go 50% smoothly if this is a doubles tournament with 64 people?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Welp, since I'm not listed in the people to beat in the front list, looks I'm going to have to win this =D Oh, btw nice job on the first post.
I've never played you before so I have no idea how you stand skill wise. The people I've listed are people who have entered my tournaments and are equal or slighly above my skill level.

Top Bottom