• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and Glyph present War of the Roses. DABUZ IS THE CHAMP!

Salem

Smash Champion
Well a metaknight who knows what hes doing won't be hovering over TL the whole time. Plus it isn't exactly the easiest thing to land an uair. You're probably best getting him locked in an utilt -> usmash, or a triple-sextuple bair

Oh, and spamming projectiles
Projectiles can be caught and destroyed, they should only be used when the oppenet is trying to set you up or simply for the mind games (into combo's of course) and with metaknights fast moves his attacks will stop those things, i'm not including bombs though but if you want a simple short hop and airdodge+A will fix that problem.

And of course bair can easily be air dodged out of after the second hit(?), a nice combo to use is.

Air Bomb throw + quick turn + Tilt up-a + bair + uair and after try following it up with whatever your liking, though I can't remember if you can attack fast enough after.
probably not.

but anyway, only the match shows the truth, so theres pretty much no arguing over that correct? LOL.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Salem, your posts confuse the crap out of me.

And projectiles are for spamming. Nothing else.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
People like zelda can use them regardless.

And they can't always be reflecting, so just shoot them then.

Salem

Smash Champion
Yeah you're right, but theres always lag time after the attack and somebody (most of the time) counter attack quickly, also Zelda won't be doing that in a close range fight while fox is off shield spamming now will she? and Ness/Lucas pretty much destroy the meaning of projectiles with they're absorbing powers and the only characters that can acually projectile spam are characters with explosives, becuase Snake stopping his grenade in midair next to a shielding fox is simply pure mind blow becuase the grenade always hurts no matter who's side its on and Link/Toon Link can do the same with some precise aim and the only true way to beat projectiles is to counter with your own attacks as doing that starts a clash and destroys the projectile, though the only problem doing that is if the projectile is a charged one though I think its possible to destroy a charged projectile with a smash attack... possibly.

now why am I saying all this again? oh right, I simply need something to talk about becuase just looking at Combo Video's all the time are simply boring.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
What happened to aryman? He said he was ready to brawl, and I told him to add me, and he hasn't for the past 2 hours -_-

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I would lol if it was samusbrawler vs royal.
haha I would too.

And are we using one character throughout the entire tourney. I'm dumb so I never noticed or even wondered. I main Peach, Samus, and Zelda so I thought I could switch between them since they are all in the same category. I guess I'll go with Zelda then.

Salem

Smash Champion
haha I would too.

And are we using one character throughout the entire tourney. I'm dumb so I never noticed or even wondered. I main Peach, Samus, and Zelda so I thought I could switch between them since they are all in the same category. I guess I'll go with Zelda then.
Yup, you pick one character you want to use and after you keep that character untill the tournament is over.

that is how it is done, I think.

ShinTobias

Smash Rookie
GGs omis, Shogun and...his friend, lol. Your team owned us for most of the matches (though you are on the same Wii and can work together...much better than me and omis ever could. /johns).

Also, Imma kill whoever kept picking Hyrule Castle. >:/ That stage is way too big.

Oh, and if I ever do team battles again (or any battles at all, basically) any strategising (i.e. infinite grab combo) will have to be done beforehand. My Wii is miles away from my computer, so its annoying to have to run upstairs every battle to see what you guys have to say.

Also, <3 Wolf laser.

@omis above: Lol, yeah, I've never played 2v2s extensively. :/ I'll read up on some good strategies some time for when these kinds of battles come up again.

We should open up an amusment park called "Six Fairs". Our mascot can be a dancing blade Marth. :D
That was a goood game u guys are a good team just cant stand omis marth lol.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Who wants to play some?

@ Barge: Sorry dude, I went out to eat with the family and it ended up taking 2 hours. I'll be on for the rest of the day if you want to play. I've added you.

Barge

Oh god, i'm in love with the ice climbers grabs

@dark - Some advice

Try not to dair so much, it just leaves me an opening.
Your zairs never hit, make sure you time them right and follow with a nair/hyphen smash, I rarely saw you short hop, if you shorthop you can do all kinds of cool stuff, you need to lay off the projectiles, spamming is okay, but excessively spamming? Even when im at 150% you were cranking out the arrows. When i'm that high in percentage you need to go for the kill, you also Fsmash too much, try Usmashing or dsmashing more

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Oh god, i'm in love with the ice climbers grabs

@dark - Some advice

Try not to dair so much, it just leaves me an opening.
Your zairs never hit, make sure you time them right and follow with a nair/hyphen smash, I rarely saw you short hop, if you shorthop you can do all kinds of cool stuff, you need to lay off the projectiles, spamming is okay, but excessively spamming? Even when im at 150% you were cranking out the arrows. When i'm that high in percentage you need to go for the kill, you also Fsmash too much, try Usmashing or dsmashing more
Thanks for the advice, the reason I was all sorts of oddness was because I picked up TL about a week ago. Those were good games. Sorry I was suckish. XD

Barge

Naw you're good, just need to do some fine tuning.

I hate TL dittos though, its like rock paper scissors

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I got owned really badly in the practice, just like the road runner singles ladder. I still dont get how you guys train. I think that maybe D3 was a bad idea. Next tournament, it's GW.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Lol, I just remembered how many times you SD'd with TL's Dair last night Barge.

It won a few matches for me. ^_^

Barge

Lol, I just remembered how many times you SD'd with TL's Dair last night Barge.

It won a few matches for me. ^_^
I'm stupid like that, I predict you're going to keep falling, but you jump. dam you and your "jumping"

Edit: Wait til' you play my Ic's. I'll annoy the hell out of you with my grabs and chain grabs

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
It would be the third I've played today.

Kawaii Bunny, Excellence, and then you.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Not terribly.

I didn't get grabbed very often.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
How is the tournament looking to you guys? Any cool battles? I envy you all. I think I have seen the light on wifi gaming. I can possibly get a wii within the next month. Playing you guys should be fun, and I gotta get used to latency and lag garbage anyway

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Oh, you did?

Weird, but I swear it was 100% random.

King~

Smash Champion
I got owned really badly in the practice, just like the road runner singles ladder. I still dont get how you guys train. I think that maybe D3 was a bad idea. Next tournament, it's GW.
it wasnt that bad you just got to get a little more aggressive and work on canceling D3's recovery

the only way to practice online is to play online, i play on gamebattles alot.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Alright, I've messaged Royal (for the practice tourney) and Shadow (who's brother I'm facing in the actual tourney). Now I just gotta wait til they get on. : O

Top Bottom