• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and co present "Helter Skelter", a Halloween Tourney! ZEON IS THE CHAM-PEE-ON!

cba

Smash Master
You will at first be terrible with her because you're playing her wrong, but later on you'll be playing better defensive game than most Zero Suit Samus because you'll already have delt with many of the problems they have not. Eventually, though, it'll even out.
yea but i dont have much time to play and when i do its against snake; god my bro is irritating.....but when i play online i get sooo mad because i dont get to "dominate" much due to lag. but NO JOHNS i have to do better. i <3 ZSS.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can counter Sonic by standing and spamming FSmash, literally. It's just I knew this kid named Chris Johnson who swore he was Sonic way back in eighth grade. I hated that guy so much, he needed to be steamrolled into the ground I walk on. I seriously couldn't stand his ADD, ADHD, and whatever else he had.
I have ADD too but I stopped taking crazy pills for it about 11 years ago. :laugh: Still, I'd like to play you as Sonic because Pikachu and Diddy absolutely suck to fight as him so I imagine that Olimar is like a 100 times worse.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I have ADD too but I stopped taking crazy pills for it about 11 years ago. :laugh: Still, I'd like to play you as Sonic because Pikachu and Diddy absolutely suck to fight as him so I imagine that Olimar is like a 100 times worse.
You just wasted your 3000th post. :o

I am ashamed.

Lol anyways, anyone want friendlies?

EDIT: Oh, and concerning the actual subject matter of the quote I posted...Sonic hits a brick wall against Olimar. He's annoyingly hard to grab, and speed does not do you well when you use the speed to run headlong into fsmashes, grabs, and side-b's galore. >_> Then again I only played one match against Excellence with Sonic, SDed for two of the stocks, didn't really try spin dashing all that much, and am a Sonic noob, so I'm probably wrong on that, lol.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
FMOI!! friendlies plz :p

I'm playing in a Boonfest also so I may have to drop out to play a match.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I seriously hate Sonic, I'd probably turn into a vicious monster fighting him.

God, I thought you actually meant nope for a second :mad::mad::mad:
What if he did? What would you have done? Turn into the hulk, please.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
GG's fm, I officialy love the IC's now.

Stupid controller didn't let me dash @ last match >:O

Barge

God, I hate playing as Snake... His playstyle is so unorthodox...
I hate playing as snake too.
He's so boring.

@ Edit: Yes. why not? :D

And its not just that its your worst character, I can beat your other chars with them too

cba

Smash Master
He's so boring.
no hes not. snake i consider is a character that you have to play seriously and his playstyle is absolutely one of the hardest to play as. you cant just play snake as you play lucario or ddd. his playstyle is like 90 (if no 100)% tactical.
i <3 ZSS

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
The lagggggg. :'(

That match on Delfino was sad. I had to spam the taunt button just to get a reaction. :/

lol@Falcon Punch edgeguard

I hate the ICs. >:/

Good matches. :D

And now, because I feel like it, I shall give constructive criticism to both Barge and FMOI. :p

Barge:
-Toon Link: I know its been said before in the previous thread, but I'll say it again: don't dair spike. It's going to cost you big if you miss, and more often than not, it will. You should only be doing it when you're 100% sure it will hit, like if you're directly above them, or if they're doing a laggy move (Lucario/Fox UpB). Another thing: grab moar. I know Tink's grab is a lagfest if it misses, but I was standing in front of you with my shield up way too many times, and I punished with a grab of my own on many occassions. Tink's grab isn't as useless as you think it is. :/ Oh, and spam moar. A campy Tink is a happy Tink.

-Ice Climbers: I think the only thing you need to work on is your ledge game, both edgeguarding and coming back. I edgeguarded you pretty easily (then again, I was Marth >_>) so mix up the way you come back. Send a few ice blocks down at me if your coming down from high, and alternate between UpB and SideB. And perhaps I'm remembering wrong, but I don't think you never gimped me, it was always self gimps. o_O Try to trick your opponent into air dodging early so you can trick them into getting hit by a spiking fair.

-In General: You spike too much. o_O I'm not even over the edge and you still try to spike me. You'd be better off fast falling and nailing me with a sweet spotted Ness bair then you would dairing me into the ground where you really can't do much to me. Try to work spikes out of your game, because unless there's any kind of benefit other than damage for the reason you spike, you're better of doing something else.

FMOI:
-Luigi: Stop with the dash attack! >:/ It's very punishable (even though I never punished it well in any of our matches, eheh), easily shielded and shieldgrabbed, and lasts way too long for it to be a viable move. I've always thought of it as a moving Ike fsmash...just without the extreme power. I'm almost sure if you checked a Luigi guide, they would discredit the use of this move. Doesn't mean you have to stop using it altogether (even though the tornado is probably an infinitely better move and does just about the same thing the dash attack does...), but definitely not as much as you did. And...where's the nair? ;___; Luigi's nair is one of his best moves, I'd argue. Comes out Sonic fast and has nice priority. It's good to stop "combos" (strings of attacks) and is a good move for racking damage. I believe I only saw it twice; once to interrupt my jab, and a rising nair that knocked me pretty high. Work it into your game more and you should see some improvement. Oh, and no more Luigi fireball camping. It doesn't work. XD

-Snake: We play similar Snakes. o_O Putting two nades in the same place, and...yeah, we're pretty much identical. XD I don't have much advice for you, since I'm still figuring out Snake myself, but if there's anything I learned from Ary's Snake, its that Usmash kills ****. Use it moar. It limits options, it sets up for even MORE usmashes, and its just a nuisance in general. Try to get rid of your "I'm being pressured time to dsmash" mindset too (which I also have) because it's going to get you killed when you play as Snake. XD

You may criticize me too. :o

Barge

The lagggggg. :'(

That match on Delfino was sad. I had to spam the taunt button just to get a reaction. :/

lol@Falcon Punch edgeguard

I hate the ICs. >:/

Good matches. :D

And now, because I feel like it, I shall give constructive criticism to both Barge and FMOI. :p

Barge:
-Toon Link: I know its been said before in the previous thread, but I'll say it again: don't dair spike. It's going to cost you big if you miss, and more often than not, it will. You should only be doing it when you're 100% sure it will hit, like if you're directly above them, or if they're doing a laggy move (Lucario/Fox UpB). Another thing: grab moar. I know Tink's grab is a lagfest if it misses, but I was standing in front of you with my shield up way too many times, and I punished with a grab of my own on many occassions. Tink's grab isn't as useless as you think it is. :/ Oh, and spam moar. A campy Tink is a happy Tink.

-Ice Climbers: I think the only thing you need to work on is your ledge game, both edgeguarding and coming back. I edgeguarded you pretty easily (then again, I was Marth >_>) so mix up the way you come back. Send a few ice blocks down at me if your coming down from high, and alternate between UpB and SideB. And perhaps I'm remembering wrong, but I don't think you never gimped me, it was always self gimps. o_O Try to trick your opponent into air dodging early so you can trick them into getting hit by a spiking fair.

-In General: You spike too much. o_O I'm not even over the edge and you still try to spike me. You'd be better off fast falling and nailing me with a sweet spotted Ness bair then you would dairing me into the ground where you really can't do much to me. Try to work spikes out of your game, because unless there's any kind of benefit other than damage for the reason you spike, you're better of doing something else.

FMOI:
-Luigi: Stop with the dash attack! >:/ It's very punishable (even though I never punished it well in any of our matches, eheh), easily shielded and shieldgrabbed, and lasts way too long for it to be a viable move. I've always thought of it as a moving Ike fsmash...just without the extreme power. I'm almost sure if you checked a Luigi guide, they would discredit the use of this move. Doesn't mean you have to stop using it altogether (even though the tornado is probably an infinitely better move and does just about the same thing the dash attack does...), but definitely not as much as you did. And...where's the nair? ;___; Luigi's nair is one of his best moves, I'd argue. Comes out Sonic fast and has nice priority. It's good to stop "combos" (strings of attacks) and is a good move for racking damage. I believe I only saw it twice; once to interrupt my jab, and a rising nair that knocked me pretty high. Work it into your game more and you should see some improvement. Oh, and no more Luigi fireball camping. It doesn't work. XD

-Snake: We play similar Snakes. o_O Putting two nades in the same place, and...yeah, we're pretty much identical. XD I don't have much advice for you, since I'm still figuring out Snake myself, but if there's anything I learned from Ary's Snake, its that Usmash kills ****. Use it moar. It limits options, it sets up for even MORE usmashes, and its just a nuisance in general. Try to get rid of your "I'm being pressured time to dsmash" mindset too (which I also have) because it's going to get you killed when you play as Snake. XD

You may criticize me too. :o
I was extremely sure I would have spiked you on the first attempt I made, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW FALCON HAD SUCH A LARGE GRAB RANGE >;O !!!

I lub the ic's. Marth is one of their worse matchups ]:

darkserenade

Smash Ace
(In case you didn't see the message while online) GGs, Excellence! I know I am crap and suck, but that only drives me harder. Anyway, sorry and thanks.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥The next tournament sounds very exciting! ^__^

♥I've always wondered, is using Zelda/Sheik as one character allowed in your tournaments?

Halaster

Smash Ace
GG's (on your part) Aryman.
And GG's Omis.

Edit: Omis, Your Mario seems to leave itself open a great deal... I'm not entirely sure why... I just know that for some reason my Fox had it way too easy on a few occasions, when your Fox gave my Mario a run for his money (but lost, mine seemed to have slightly more control of the match, for some reason). It might have been the Smash attacks. Your Marth and Lucario seemed pretty solid. And the C. Falc was a pleasure to fight as always.

And also... that was the first time I tried ROB against another player. I got him while playing Random against the comp and felt like getting a slightly better feel for how he works competitively.

Halaster

Smash Ace
I need to make a new post about the Fox vs. Mario thing cause I confused the hell out of myself... ok here we go.

Your Fox gave my Mario a run for his money, but in the end lost, if I recall correctly.
My Fox two stocked your Mario... I think you may have been doing things that left him a little too open... either that or, when you were fox, you weren't punishing my Mario as much as you could have. Not sure which is the more likely.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Well the reason my Mario didnt do well was because that was just about the first time I used him. I saw you play and tried to emulate it for fun. Was my Lucario actually good? I just picked him up yesterday.

Halaster

Smash Ace
He seemed to do at least decent, there may have been a few flaws... Perhaps you let yourself get grabbed too much when you were fighting Sonic... The Marth was certainly solid though.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I absolutely cant stand Sonic. He just way to fast and I have no way to counter him. Marth is the probaly the character that I have the most potential with.

Also when we were fighting I noticed that you rarely pummeled me. Grabs and pummels are so broken that it is a shame not to abuse them.

Top Bottom