• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and co present "Helter Skelter", a Halloween Tourney! ZEON IS THE CHAM-PEE-ON!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Blue Pikmin have the strongest Forward Throw (in the game, too) among all Pikmin. The Blue Pikmin has the strongest Back Throw among all Pikmin. Second strongest in the game to Ness' Bthrow and Lucario's Side B - the throw version - at whatever percentage.

Purple Pikmin have the strongest Up and Down Throw among all pikmin and probably in the game.
Now that I think about it, that does make sense considering both the uthrow and dthrow involve slamming your opponent into the ground first. Lucario's strength maxes out at about 240% I think but yeah, a lot of his attacks get crazy good knockback if you can survive for that long.

Add in:

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night... I could really unwind with some Smash Bros. Tests have been butt ****** me all week...

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
Now that I think about it, that does make sense considering both the uthrow and dthrow involve slamming your opponent into the ground first. Lucario's strength maxes out at about 240% I think but yeah, a lot of his attacks get crazy good knockback if you can survive for that long.

Add in:

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night... I could really unwind with some Smash Bros. Tests have been butt ****** me all week...
woah i thought i was the only one who said that tests were butt ****** them lol.

Excellence

Smash Champion

Add in:

I hope that we can play for a while. I could use the Mr. Game & Watch experience, and my Olimar desperately needs to face some Shiek.

woah i thought i was the only one who said that tests were butt ****** them lol.
Good games Shogun_Fox. You brought out the better of my Olimar today. One of those dittos with Game & Watch was epic, the double Parachute almost sent us out of the top blast zone.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm picking up ZSS is anyone a good ZSS that can help me out? Or any matches at all would help.....

Edit:: Quitting marth as I learned I suck with him compared to a char i've played 5 mins <.<
Unfortunately, I have yet to play a genuinely good Zero Suit Samus. She's one of those characters that barely anyone plays as like Zelda, Shiek, Donkey Kong, Pokemon Trainer, and Lucario so you're lucky if you can even find anyone good with them. I do, however, play as everyone and would be happy to give you tips about her if you want.

LegionBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Getting 3stocked Over...And over and OVER
Unfortunately, I have yet to play a genuinely good Zero Suit Samus. She's one of those characters that barely anyone plays as like Zelda, Shiek, Donkey Kong, Pokemon Trainer, and Lucario so you're lucky if you can even find anyone good with them. I do, however, play as everyone and would be happy to give you tips about her if you want.
Bring on the tips

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Bring on the tips
Well, for starters, do you know what you're getting into? :laugh: Personally, I'd say she's the second hardest character to kill with and probably the fourth hardest character to use overall. I'm freakishly tired right now but the big, BIG thing that you should know about Zero Suit Samus is that good spacing is extremelly important with ZSS. Whiffed grabs are pretty much a free smash attack to the face, you need to hit with the tip of B forward/fsmash in order for it to have KO potential, dsmash "combos" can be broken out of relatively easy if you're too close or too far away from your opponent, ZSS's thin legs make it hard to hit with bair/d B, etc. To be good with ZSS, you need to be constantly aware of the distance between you and your opponent. Once I'm done with my classes today, I'll play you if you're on.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Hey FMOI, can you play tonight? I haven't had a chance to play you since the megaman tourney.

LegionBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Getting 3stocked Over...And over and OVER
Well, for starters, do you know what you're getting into? :laugh: Personally, I'd say she's the second hardest character to kill with and probably the fourth hardest character to use overall. I'm freakishly tired right now but the big, BIG thing that you should know about Zero Suit Samus is that good spacing is extremelly important with ZSS. Whiffed grabs are pretty much a free smash attack to the face, you need to hit with the tip of B forward/fsmash in order for it to have KO potential, dsmash "combos" can be broken out of relatively easy if you're too close or too far away from your opponent, ZSS's thin legs make it hard to hit with bair/d B, etc. To be good with ZSS, you need to be constantly aware of the distance between you and your opponent. Once I'm done with my classes today, I'll play you if you're on.
I'll be on all day

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This still open?

If so, i'll join as Falco and Toon Link.

Hoping this goes better then my last tournament.
Don't worry too much about how you place; just get to know the guys around here. Really, this is a great group of talent players and I've learned a lot from playing many of them.

Hey FMOI, can you play tonight? I haven't had a chance to play you since the megaman tourney.
Yes. As I told Excellence, I'm still going to go "random" but I'm going to try focusing more on Shiek and Luigi this weekend (Shiek because I'm trying to determine whether or not I should use her in this tournament and Luigi because I want to try out some techs like Luigi's sliding fsmash that I recently learned.)

I'll be on all day
Tips in general for ZSS:

1. Like Metaknight's, her dash attack cancels upon hitting something so keep this in mind. A standard follow up for this is a utilt, ftilt, or jab.

2. Like with Link and Zelda, only grab if you're confident that you can land it. For example, stunning your opponent with the blaster or dsmash and then grabbing is pretty standard among ZSS players.

3. Fsmash sucks and only has decent KO potential if you hit with the tip or at point blank range. Your main killing moves with ZSS should be bair and forward B anyways because both have a surprizing amount of knockback.

4. You can use forward B to recover so don't forget it. Personally, I find it a lot more dependible than up B because it works like Link's hookshot or Samus's grapple beam and has just as much range.

5. ZSS is awesome at ledge camping. For example, if your opponent is coming back, fire a shot from the blaster and, if they jump, nail them with up B or usmash; if they grab the ledge, nail them with dsmash. Trust me, this greatly makes up for the fact that her offstage game is below average.

6. Only use dair in "chase" situations like when your opponent is trying to come after you with a uair from below. It has too much landing lag and can't be cancelled like Sonic and Mr. Game and Watch's so you're left wide open if you whiff.

7. Down B can be used to recover but be extremelly careful about two things: 1. make sure you're facing the right direction, you're basically SOL if you're facing the wrong way and will more than likely get edgehogged. 2. do not press down B again to do the kick or, like Diddy's side B, you'll fall in an awkward pose and probably not have time to recover.

8. Like I said before, ZSS's offstage game isn't that great so don't get too over enthusiastic is you want to try edge guarding your opponent. Like Olimar and Ivysaur, you need the edge to get back so don't get gimped by losing a fight for the edge.

9. Try using your forward B to edge hog. This is a fun thing that I like to do with a lot of characters. Your opponent flies off the stage, you chase after them with a fake edge guard and then you zip to the edge using a quick recovery move like Ike's quickdraw or Fox's Fox Phantasm or a tether recovery like Link's clawshot and Samus's grapple beam to edge hog them.

10. Don't get predictible. This is standard advice for anyone but ZSS is probably one of the characters who suffers a ton if you're too predictible (like Wario and Ike). Don't always follow up with the same sequences. For example, I have a friend who uses ZSS and he always, ALWAYS tries to grab after shooting a fully charged blaster shot.

11. The armor pieces at the beginning of the match are awesome and actually have more KO potential than all her moves but her bair. Don't just throw them directly at your opponent, get creative. Throw them in the air, throw them on the ground and let them bounce, try stunning your opponent and then pelting them with them, etc. If you use them wisely, they will usually last the entire duration of a single stock and can do 60-80%. Needless to say, use them to your full advantage.

That's all I can think of for now.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm willing to do some friendlies if someone wants to, but not right this minute.

Maybe in like 20 minutes.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'll add both of you, first come first serve.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm pretty sure I just played you.

Or was that the other guy?

EDIT: I played EGGO.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
My brother wants to play too, so we'd be doing a ffa.

Is that OK?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I hope Sonic remains really low tier because I hate facing them .
I used to hate fighting Sonic until I learned that you can counter him pretty effectively simply by using projectiles or staying in the air making his actions more predictible. One of the worst things you can do against a Sonic is just stand in one place and shield his attacks because how fast he can recooperate and just do it again like when when a Sonic spams the dash attack to bowl under you while keeping you slighly in the air.

Anyways, I should be able to play in about two hours. This week has sucked and I could use the R and R.

Add in: The offer above goes to anyone, by the way. I'm the only good Geno main you'll ever face. :laugh:

Excellence

Smash Champion
I used to hate fighting Sonic until I learned that you can counter him pretty effectively simply by using projectiles or staying in the air making his actions more predictible. One of the worst things you can do against a Sonic is just stand in one place and shield his attacks because how fast he can recooperate and just do it again like when when a Sonic spams the dash attack to bowl under you while keeping you slighly in the air.

Anyways, I should be able to play in about two hours. This week has sucked and I could use the R and R.
I can counter Sonic by standing and spamming FSmash, literally. It's just I knew this kid named Chris Johnson who swore he was Sonic way back in eighth grade. I hated that guy so much, he needed to be steamrolled into the ground I walk on. I seriously couldn't stand his ADD, ADHD, and whatever else he had.

cba

Smash Master
Tips in general for ZSS:
i read through all of that....good tips but im actually trying to space more w/ her because i like "defying" how it works, like if ZSS is supposed to be played w/ space, i wanna try and use her on close combat, (pretty stupid) and learn what i can do in every situation :lick:

cba

Smash Master
I can counter Sonic by standing and spamming FSmash, literally. It's just I knew this kid named Chris Johnson who swore he was Sonic way back in eighth grade. I hated that guy so much, he needed to be steamrolled into the ground I walk on. I seriously couldn't stand his ADD, ADHD, and whatever else he had.
LMAOOOOOOOOO
did you Fsmash him? lol

Excellence

Smash Champion
i read through all of that....good tips but im actually trying to space more w/ her because i like "defying" how it works, like if ZSS is supposed to be played w/ space, i wanna try and use her on close combat, (pretty stupid) and learn what i can do in every situation :lick:
You will at first be terrible with her because you're playing her wrong, but later on you'll be playing better defensive game than most Zero Suit Samus because you'll already have delt with many of the problems they have not. Eventually, though, it'll even out.

Excellence

Smash Champion
LMAOOOOOOOOO
did you Fsmash him? lol
Yes. FSmash in the form of a size thirteen to his back so that he'd fall on his face. I couldn't stand that kid... at all... ever. He had so many weirdo obsessions: Soviet Union, Sonic, pocket knives, squirles, and other thinks like his girlfriend who constantly kept a musk beyond musks. I hated those kids, but those were fun times.

Edit: I guess they were size ten or eleven back then.

Top Bottom