• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and co present "Helter Skelter", a Halloween Tourney! ZEON IS THE CHAM-PEE-ON!

Excellence

Smash Champion
Like who? As for me, I've never played a genuinely good:

1. Luigi
2. Bowser
3. Donkey Kong
4. Shiek
5. Pit

I've played only played one genunienly good player of:

1. Ganondorf (Zeonstar)
2. Sonic (Blue Terrorist)
3. Link (Pingabag, my doubles partner)
4. Zelda (Royalblood)
5. Lucario (cba)
6. Pokemon Trainer (Toby, an Australian I once fought)
7. Kirby (Kawaiibunny)
8. Lucas (Pinkfresh)
9. Pikachu (Oblivion, one of my teammates on OLF)
What's Blue Terrorist's tag? Two nights ago, I was watching a Sonic play to was completely out of this world. He made me actually want to accept Sonic as a character in Brawl aain. Something I truly despise.

cba

Smash Master

5. Lucario (cba)LIES!!!
i dont consider myself a good player anymore..<.<
but im trying w/ ZSS.
lol. my bro was like "you have to get out of the room when i come, i gotta go to work tomorrow"
*7 mins later*
gfe- "get out of the-wait, who are you playing? give me a match real quick....."
*i go to sleep*
*i wake up a half hour later*
cba-"i thought you had to go to work *** face"
*goes to sleep*

Excellence

Smash Champion
but im trying w/ ZSS.
lol. my bro was like "you have to get out of the room when i come, i gotta go to work tomorrow"
*7 mins later*
gfe- "get out of the-wait, who are you playing? give me a match real quick....."
*i go to sleep*
*goes to sleep*
Why don't you consider yourself good anymore?

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥My question of Zelda/Sheik being a viable character was never answered.

cba

Smash Master
Why don't you consider yourself good anymore?
the truth is... idk, im probably in a "down" part of my life, and the truth is that i havent been doing how i wouldve expected, i thought(since kbunnys tourney) that after i got from 5-6 place(id remember) i would sky-rocket and do nearly as good in every tourney, but that hasnt happened. and i am just plain-lame when it comes to playing, its that its just not happening for me(everyhing i do is comes out wrong, literary, not only in Smash). so yea there you have it.
i mean practice makes perfect, but times change.

cba

Smash Master
the weekends have been dead for joining tournaments..
barge, we have played smash very little and i was wondering that when me or GFE play you is it very laggy? because i cant remember. what i do remember was being told that i used lag and did it intentionally(in k bunnys tourney) to "win". WTF? its called sore loosers and pentasalia said that we both were in NY and that i lagged it on purpose for me to win.
i was just wondering because you are in cali and i was thinking that because of the distance it would lag more.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
but im trying w/ ZSS.
*7 mins later*
*i go to sleep*
*goes to sleep*
You've probably just hit a "skill plateau." It happens with nearly every competitive sport. Basically, you reach a point where your a certain skill level and then you don't improve for awhile. In this time, people usually just give up or try to get better. I had my first one for Brawl in June and it lasted for about a month and a half. I was fighting a ton of people and I didn't feel like I was going anywhere which was depressing because of how often I played. It wasn't until I started joing online tournaments at the beginning of August when I noticed that I was getting better again. Trust me, if you stick with this, you'll get past it. At least you're not at the Pro level yet because when they hit one, it can last as long as a year...

****, how hard is it to tech dk's stage spike throw? >_<
Depends on 1. what character you're using and 2. how high your percentage is. If you have more than 100%, you're pretty much screwed unless you have really fast fingers and hit L or R right when you hit the edge.
♥My question of Zelda/Sheik being a viable character was never answered.
No, you have to choose one or the other for this tournament.

@ Excellence:

I don't remember. I have him on "speed dial" but I haven't fought him since Electric Schuffle.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523

1. Luigi
2. Bowser
3. Donkey Kong
4. Shiek
5. Pit

1. Ganondorf (Zeonstar)
2. Sonic (Blue Terrorist)
3. Link (Pingabag, my doubles partner)
4. Zelda (Royalblood)
5. Lucario (cba)
6. Pokemon Trainer (Toby, an Australian I once fought)
7. Kirby (Kawaiibunny)
8. Lucas (Pinkfresh)
9. Pikachu (Oblivion, one of my teammates on OLF)
I've heard rumors of a pretty good ROB, too...

Naw, jk. I think I'll see if I can get some matches against some of those people. I've played Zeon, Royal, and Kawaii, but that's it (I've only played cba in ffa's)

Excellence

Smash Champion
I don't think "skill plateau's exist. You just have to play harder people and continually improve and learn from them. That means: Do not swing like a mad-man looking for quick KOs. You need to ask yourself what's giving you problems and experiment with possible solutions. You'll be surprised at how many situations I can solve from basing them off of other situations.

Cloudsan

Smash Cadet
can you hold a spot for my irl friend? he's going to registering here tonight and everything and he's pretty good. he's at a family party and he's afraid he wont make the sign up deadline.

Snare

Smash Lord
hey sorry if im kinda late but can i change my characters?

40. Snare (Ness/Falco) to (Ness/Olimar)

10thankyas

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think "skill plateau's exist. You just have to play harder people and continually improve and learn from them. That means: Do not swing like a mad-man looking for quick KOs. You need to ask yourself what's giving you problems and experiment with possible solutions. You'll be surprised at how many situations I can solve from basing them off of other situations.
I do think they exist because a lot of professional talk about it and Mookirah talks extensively about it in his guide about different skill levels and how to become a professional Smasher. Personally, I think it's impossible to constantly keep improving and there will be when you get stuck in a rut and simply stay the same or even get worse for periods of time.

I've heard rumors of a pretty good ROB, too...

Naw, jk. I think I'll see if I can get some matches against some of those people. I've played Zeon, Royal, and Kawaii, but that's it (I've only played cba in ffa's)
You do have the best ROB that I've played but I've played a lot of good ROBs. One of my rivals, goes by fallcrowe, plays a killer ROB too. The characters he plays as are Metaknight, Snake, Captain Falcon, ROB and Toon Link with his best being the first two, especially Snake. I'd love to introduce Aryman to him because I think he'd give him a huge challenge. There's two things that I've copied from him that I love using with my Snake, short hopped dairs and reverse full hopped nairs. Overall, he's probably one of the best players, period, I've ever played.

Add in:

19 spots are still open; if you guys have friends/family/lovers whatever that want to join, they are more than likely to.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I do think they exist because a lot of professional talk about it and Mookirah talks extensively about it in his guide about different skill levels and how to become a professional Smasher. Personally, I think it's impossible to constantly keep improving and there will be when you get stuck in a rut and simply stay the same or even get worse for periods of time.

You do have the best ROB that I've played but I've played a lot of good ROBs. One of my rivals, goes by fallcrowe, plays a killer ROB too. The characters he plays as are Metaknight, Snake, Captain Falcon, ROB and Toon Link with his best being the first two, especially Snake. I'd love to introduce Aryman to him because I think he'd give him a huge challenge. There's two things that I've copied from him that I love using with my Snake, short hopped dairs and reverse full hopped nairs. Overall, he's probably one of the best players, period, I've ever played.

Add in:

19 spots are still open; if you guys have friends/family/lovers whatever that want to join, they are more than likely to.
Don't let one person's experiences count for us all.

Aryman is one of the best players to you? Are you serious, or was that intended to be laughable?

cba

Smash Master
you forgot landlord/doctor/guy at the deli/supermarket manager.....and his employees, ect....

cba

Smash Master
We haven't gotten any new entrants...
OTl is dead today, lulz.
barge...i have a Q, from the little time that you and me/GFE have played was it atrociously laggy?, because in bunnys tourney i was accused of "lagging the game on purpose so you could win" and i really dont think its possible. anyway someone from NY said that and said that we should have a "smooth" connection and noticing that youre in cali i ask you: is it really bad(because of the distance)?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
barge...i have a Q, from the little time that you and me/GFE have played was it atrociously laggy?, because in bunnys tourney i was accused of "lagging the game on purpose so you could win" and i really dont think its possible. anyway someone from NY said that and said that we should have a "smooth" connection and noticing that youre in cali i ask you: is it really bad(because of the distance)?
I think it was you/gfe and me who were lagging.
But distance doesn't matter, its just the conneciton

GG's FM: You have an insane marth, but now-a-days, who doesnt? (me)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Actually, it is possible to purposely lag a game by trying to download something during a match. For example, if I were playing a match and decided to download a video off of You Tube, the match would start to lag and would probably come to a grinding holt if I tried downloading a game or something. Also, from what I've noticed, the combined quality of your and their connection plays more of a factor than range.

@ Barge:

I'm going to copy that one chain grab from you. :laugh: I thought the mininimum for the ice blocks forcing a get up was three but I guess you can do it with just one if you time it right.

Barge

Actually, it is possible to purposely lag a game by trying to download something during a match. For example, if I were playing a match and decided to download a video off of You Tube, the match would start to lag and would probably come to a grinding holt if I tried downloading a game or something. Also, from what I've noticed, the combined quality of your and their connection plays more of a factor than range.

@ Barge:

I'm going to copy that one chain grab from you. :laugh: I thought the mininimum for the ice blocks forcing a get up was three but I guess you can do it with just one if you time it right.
I like that chain grab :p
sometimes nana is stoopit and doesn't sweetspot the spike D:

Barge

I know, but I like how i can blame nana, I can also blame nana for not preforming up b when shes right next to me.

GG's, darn nanners :p

Top Bottom