• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and co present "Helter Skelter", a Halloween Tourney! ZEON IS THE CHAM-PEE-ON!

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Link is easier to use then samus IMO, and i was a samus secondary a while back. I still know how to use Link while I don't know how to use samus anymore.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'm starting to suck with Samus too unfortunately. I just never use her anymore. Maybe I should change my username O_o
But yes, Samus is harder to pick up than Link in my opinion

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
WHO TOLD YOU THE SECRET!?!

Keep it down...

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
hey Phoenix i thought you had to use Ike in the second match so it would be a ditto.
alright, let`s redo that one o-o XD
yeah but i don't wanna sound like a john...lol.
Whether or not the 2nd match was a ditto doesn't matter. The ditto can be in the first, second, or third round, or even none of the rounds (only if there are only 2 rounds).

What's important is that the winner of the set won with each character once. All else- who the opponent chose, what stage it was, what round the characters were played in- doesn't matter. So you shouldn't replay the matches if the only reason for doing so is that "the second match wasn't a ditto".

And I'm just explaining to make it clear for future rounds. :x

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
Whether or not the 2nd match was a ditto doesn't matter. The ditto can be in the first, second, or third round, or even none of the rounds (only if there are only 2 rounds).

What's important is that the winner of the set won with each character once. All else- who the opponent chose, what stage it was, what round the characters were played in- doesn't matter. So you shouldn't replay the matches if the only reason for doing so is that "the second match wasn't a ditto".

And I'm just explaining to make it clear for future rounds. :x
lol, it was fun anyways XD ^^, but thanks for the clear-up and I thought u hve to use the charcters u use lol XD ^^

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Anybody want some late-night Brawls? I've got a half a week to ready up for my matches with BlueTerrorist (we agreed to get our matches in on Saturday due to time restraints).

I must practice with all the tournament characters, so be prepared to be annoyed by my laser spamming Wolf, my side-taunt spamming Sonic, and my Thunder jolt spamming Pikachu.

It will be your worst nightmare. :D

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
Hmm...i think after the cosby bebop tourney, i'll probably resign from online tourneys lol. i mean they're fun and all but i'm not skilled enough.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Are you sure? Online tourneys is how I got better. You can't win right off the bat. I'm a perfect example of that. Been in online tourneys since I joined basically, best I've done is 10th I think. There were others I did good in, but they were basically given up on by the tourney director person thing. Before long you'll get good enough to make a person quit brawl, like I did :)
But then I slowly got worse somehow lol Oh well, this is all for fun anyways right?

Halaster

Smash Ace
Keep going then, Shogun! If they are fun why not participate? Why not keep competing to improve yourself? That's what I did. I've actually managed to win a round in a few tourneys now... and I still wouldn't call myself all that great. If you quit you will never be skilled enough. If you continue you can become more skilled and have a greater shot. I got absolutely annihilated by Naucitos my first tourney, but I stuck with it and I would like to think I'm not half bad now.

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
Lol yeah but its wierd like i go through what i like to call brawl cycles where i magically become good with a group of characters and then i start to suck with them so i pick up a new group of characters. its happened like 3 times already lol. first it was Lucas, Toon Link, and Ike. Now its Ness, G&W, ROB, and Metaknight. I really just wanna find a main though T.T . I dunno maybe I won't...but i just wanna get past the first round. There's no i way i could win..i mean look who in my bracket lol. But for some reason i'm good in friendlies and then when the tourney battle comes i get magically horrible and noobish >.>

Snare

Smash Lord
Lol yeah but its wierd like i go through what i like to call brawl cycles where i magically become good with a group of characters and then i start to suck with them so i pick up a new group of characters. its happened like 3 times already lol. first it was Lucas, Toon Link, and Ike. Now its Ness, G&W, ROB, and Metaknight. I really just wanna find a main though T.T . I dunno maybe I won't...but i just wanna get past the first round. There's no i way i could win..i mean look who in my bracket lol. But for some reason i'm good in friendlies and then when the tourney battle comes i get magically horrible and noobish >.>
you can never go wrong with good ole falcon as a main

pawnchplz?

Halaster

Smash Ace
you can never go wrong with good ole falcon as a main

pawnchplz?
Cheers. Plus, people will underestimate you if you use C. Falc, or they will be in fear and wonder at just how amazing you must be in order to step up to the plate and say "I main C. Falc." Either way, as far as mindgames go, you are already at an advantage. One quick good combo, or a well placed Falcon Punch might well completely shatter their mindset, whatever that may be.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I think everyone switches mains at one point. I've gone through that phase already, But I think I finally found a good group of mains that I want to stick with. and it only took 6 months to find them :laugh: Just keep trying and you'll find the right characters to stick with

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol He was pissed, he made me mad too, But now I just laugh at it

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
Lol man...I mean i've owned some people before but never made them quit haha...dont you hate when someone thinks they've owned you when theres blatant button lag? i hate it so much >.< lol.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
haha and the funny thing is this guy was really good too, mained Marth and Snake. We did friendly matchs before too and he seemed cool, but once I beat him he just let me have it with every john he could think of. Next thing I know he's says he's dropping out of every other online tourney and quitting brawl altogether. Haven't seen him since. I actually felt bad after but whatever.

and the people that say "I owned you so bad" after there being ridiculous lag make me laugh :laugh:

EDIT: But Luigi is awesome!

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
haha and the funny thing is this guy was really good too, mained Marth and Snake. We did friendly matchs before too and he seemed cool, but once I beat him he just let me have it with every john he could think of. Next thing I know he's says he's dropping out of every other online tourney and quitting brawl altogether. Haven't seen him since. I actually felt bad after but whatever.

and the people that say "I owned you so bad" after there being ridiculous lag make me laugh :laugh:

EDIT: But Luigi is awesome!

Lol... But button lag is the worst though. buz then you have to do everything .2 seconds earlier then normal lol.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But what if I get Luigi...or.. even worst...*gasp*... ICE CLIMBERS!!! :dizzy:
Then you learn how to play as them. I've been playing everyone basically since the game came out and I still suck as Snake. It took me like 3 months apiece to become decent with characters Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Samus, Yoshi, and Sonic. Really, it's a learning process.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
yeah, thats when I have to start mashing my buttons, and I hate doing that. I usually quit those matches though so it doesn't affect me as much :)

Barge

All I want is a custom title
And they're filling up quite quick.
I think we've hit a dead spot FM, no one else is joining, Lolz

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've had four people sign up in the past two days. I think I need to start advertising my tournaments in my sig but I really don't want to get rid of what I already have.

Add in:

I think I'm going to start doing three week invervals between my tournaments with practice and mini 16 man tournaments with goofy themes inbetween. I've already come up with two for the weekends between Cosby Bebop which I think people will love.

cba

Smash Master
I've had four people sign up in the past two days. I think I need to start advertising my tournaments in my sig but I really don't want to get rid of what I already have.

Add in:

I think I'm going to start doing three week invervals between my tournaments with practice and mini 16 man tournaments with goofy themes inbetween. I've already come up with two for the weekends between Cosby Bebop which I think people will love.
i think im gonna start making my own setup of tourneys.... of course they will never interfere with yours or barges. CANT WAIT FOR COSBY BEBOP!!

Top Bottom