• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Curlz

Smash Lord
Hi there.

I'm a TO from Louisiana and I'm hosting a tournament from February 26th - 28th that I'm trying to get some hype for. Its going to have Brawl, Melee, and Brawl+ along with other fighters such as Tekken, Street Fighter, BlazBlue, etc.

Here's the thread for more info:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262295

Please let me know if you can come. It would really be great to some new people.

Salt

Smash Rookie
Name: Brecken/Salt
Where: Winter Park
Phone: 770-910-0815
AIM: The Brecken

If anyone in that area ever wants to smash some, I need the practice.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
The AU game crew of Auburn University would like to extend an invitation to all Florida players to come to the That Ain't Falco Tounament

for more info plz visit our thread or contact me

Thread Link: That Ain't Falco

Here are just a few of well known players that are confirmed

Reflex - Alabama
Kismet- Georgia
Big Lou- Georgia
Holy Chef- Florida
Will_ - Alabama
and over 50 more

so plz don't hesitate to come.

Thanks

stealth3654

Smash Lord
The AU game crew of Auburn University would like to extend an invitation to all Florida players to come to the That Ain't Falco Tounament

for more info plz visit our thread or contact me

Thread Link: That Ain't Falco

Here are just a few of well known players that are confirmed

Reflex - Alabama
Kismet- Georgia
Big Lou- Georgia
Holy Chef- Florida
Will_ - Alabama
and over 50 more

so plz don't hesitate to come.

Thanks
Actually, BigLou needs 2 more people to ride with him for him to be able to come. Will_ didn't say anything that I saw about attending this tourney, and Holy Chef said probably.

Right now, we have over 30 confirmed and over 50 interested.

Pilot

Smash Rookie
I just recently moved to Cape Coral ( about 5 minutes from Fort Myers) and I'm lookin for some people for friendlies! So if anyone is in this area...as far as Naples...if anyone is interested contact me and we can work something out.

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
Anyone wanna get some matches with me next Thursday to Saturday and weekend on Brawl (online)?
If some people are nearby from Miami to Palm Beach Gardens and want to set up some local get togethers for quick local matches, I'm down too.

Also can I be added to the Brawl Locator list?

I use ROB, located @ Coral Springs, and Friend code is: 3394-3548-5960

PM me and let me know ;)

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Hey you guys Auburn University is back at it again with another tournament. This time we are planning on having double the entrants and double the fun. So I only have one question... ARE YOU READY

If yes please proceed to the thread Here

If the answer is no the GO HOME

hope to see you guys there and if you need anymore info please don't hesitate to contact me official co-host of AUSOM

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
hey,

I'm flying into Orlando tues April 13th for MLG orlando, and i really need housing from Tuesday until Friday. I'm easy to get along with, respectful, i'm cool with parents.

Can anybody house me?

i would Arrive at Orlando (MCO) 3:50 PM, i would also need a ride, but if i can't get one i could figure out bus routes.

anyone know who is housing, that i can contact?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if people used aim more, more things would be solved

*looks at mikehaze*

just sayin

dao

Smash Cadet
Anybody going to MLG that would like to pick me up on the way?

I'll be 20-30 minutes away from the venue, and I'll be willing to pay for gas.

Any smashers down to help?

Sinfull0666

Smash Rookie
Smasher from Cape Coral looking for ppl to sign up for a tourney to help us convince local game stops to host more often!

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Mankosuki I'd like to apply for access to FloridaMeister to aid in keeping portions of it up-to-date. There are many tournies popping up in the state nowadays. Activity is picking up and it would help newer players discover their scene with that information. I'd also like to propose a 'FloridaMeister' Youtube account in order to publish FL tournaments and allow for advertisement as well as a display of skill. I plan on putting together a team of Recorders/Streamer for TOs to look to for publishing Tournaments. What do you think?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
There's already a youtube account, but as you may have guess it's not ever updated. People tend to just upload to their own accounts when they have vids. If anyone wants to use it though, the password is the same as the access to FL thread.

Here's the URL: http://www.youtube.com/user/FloridaMeister

I've PMed you the password. Thanks for offering to help. Hopefully we'll all have more time now during the Summer.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Alright I'll do that. I thought I would follow the example set with that quote listing local smashfests. I'm gonna have to check with the owners of those and see if they're still running actually D:, also np I love drumming up activity.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I've reformatted the tournament section to the original layout. Thank you 2link121 for getting me kick started again.

Question: does anyone actually care about having the Wifi codes listed? I'll most likely condense the Brawl locator down to Melee locator style, in order to reduce space & scroll time. It was really only useful to have them back before the codes were implemented into profiles.

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
well think about it, you still have to PM the person and be like "hey I added you to my list, add me back" to whoever you get. Therefore you're on their profile, which has the codes already displayed there. Kinda redundant to list them in the FL thread too.

Smashboards didn't have that feature when I originally started listing them. Today, it no longer serves any purpose.

Top Bottom